Proposal: All Bruins Trade talk - Mod Warning in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I’m actually on board with making a bold move, however I do know and expect it to be for a package that hurts to lose.

If the goal is to acquire an under 30 certified top 6 stud with term left on his contract, then Frederic Studnicka Lauzon Vaakaneinen Donato Heinen and the 1st round pick are all on the table.

I wouldn't call Schenn or Saad deal a bold move. Tarasenko/Stone/Panarin/Duchene yes.

1 name I just thought when reading on the Ducks was Silfverberg, he's not an elite scorer but he could let you drop Pasta to 2nd line and have a helluva defensive 1st line. So he wouldn't be an addition on his own to drive the 2nd line but an addition who could make Pasta the driver on the 2nd line.

At 28y you could look at re-signing him if the money makes sense, he makes under 4M currently so even with a raise we wouldn't necessary be looking at star money.

Marchand- Bergeron- Silf
DeBrusk- Krejci- Pasta.

And Silfverberg

Was just thinking about him.

Reactions: TCB and Strafer

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Why that exact package?

If I had a chance at a potential longterm quality addition I would trade Heinen+ for that player. This team has a massive hole on the Rw and aren't that strong on the middle for high end talent under u30 players.
Getting a player to help with either would be great.

If they believe the kids are enough they are just as well quitting on the season, happy with 1 round of playoffs.

I like the defense, and with a addition that gives them more than 1 consistent line of scoring they have a shot at, and with a non rental addition less work to do for next season.
Don't have to try to fix all the problems during summer, they can start already.

When was the last time Sweeney "fixed" anything in the offseason?" 2015

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I wouldn't call Schenn or Saad deal a bold move. Tarasenko/Stone/Panarin/Duchene yes.

1 name I just thought when reading on the Ducks was Silfverberg, he's not an elite scorer but he could let you drop Pasta to 2nd line and have a helluva defensive 1st line. So he wouldn't be an addition on his own to drive the 2nd line but an addition who could make Pasta the driver on the 2nd line.

At 28y you could look at re-signing him if the money makes sense, he makes under 4M currently so even with a raise we wouldn't necessary be looking at star money.

Marchand- Bergeron- Silf
DeBrusk- Krejci- Pasta.

Was just thinking about him.
and the Duckies are a hot mess, likely looking to be sellers more so than buyers this year

Reactions: Strafer

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

When was the last time Sweeney "fixed" anything in the offseason?" 2015

It's been awhile, and even then he wasn't the GM making a massive addition to his roster.

and the Duckies are a hot mess, likely looking to be sellers more so than buyers this year

Yeah I was just on one of their threads reading about their current state.

Silf makes lot of sense, UFA at 28y.

For rental fans he's a rental, for longterm fans he's 28y, right hand shot who could potentially be a usefull re-signing.
& Let's be honest here we won't see Sweeney deal for a better 2nd line driver than Pasta :laugh:

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
OR if Los Angeles decides that they '' don't remember" what deal you're talking about?" I'm sure LA is still a little resentful (********) of the Martin Jones deal and would love to screw Sweeney the way he screwed them.
That's it exactly, every time they have to face him with the Sharks, the thought of screwing Sweeney over,I'm sure crosses their minds.

Always liked Lombardi as a GM and I'm sure he's willing to listen too Sweeney and if it improves his team he will do it, but if a foe of the Bruins would offer pretty much the same, I have a feeling he's going that route without a second thought.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
How some of us felt about NAsh
I'm talking about the future. Tired of the Rick Nash debate... Simmonds is a shell of himself, he'd be a pure rental and only playing for another contract which he will get no matter how he plays in the playoffs because he's a name, and names sell tickets and oh: GM's give out money like candy because they're worried about their jobs so they sign on for instant gratification.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It's been awhile, and even then he wasn't the GM making a massive addition to his roster.

Yeah I was just on one of their threads reading about their current state.

Silf makes lot of sense, UFA at 28y.

For rental fans he's a rental, for longterm fans he's 28y, right hand shot who could potentially be a usefull re-signing.
& Let's be honest here we won't see Sweeney deal for a better 2nd line driver than Pasta :laugh:

he`d be a nice addition, certainly not a guy you look to for leading the offense but he`s one of those quiet and steady players. Like his speed, good hands, won`t worry about his play in his own zone. Not sure what he`d cost but I`m going to put my faith behind DS and his staff that they are very much looking at every option at this stage, no way they don`t see what we do which is a team who is struggling to score

Flipside of that is this, the B`s are, tonight for one of the first times this year and possibly the first time, playing with a completely healthy back end and I`ve long stated once they get everyone back that we should and will see some uptick to the offense.

I like the kid line, making nice improvements in their development but I don`t get pulled into a false sense of security that they`d be ok in the ramped up heat of the playoffs, they need a vet on that line to keep things nice and settled

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Silfverberg on the third line ...ok
Silfverberg..on first or second line... What will that do? Will this move make us a true contender? No
Will this move make us win an extra series? Doubt it

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
This trade thread is just a rehashing of arguments that have been fought over for the past 3 months.

I swear. The moment we are done talking and arguing about Carter we move to Simmonds and someone says "Hey, I bet Carter is available and would make a good Bruin" Then we argue the SAME argument on that again.

I think I should compile all the points I have for and against players being traded/acquired and just copy/paste them here once a week.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
AAaaaaaaaaand here comes Wayne Simmonds about to fight Wilson::wally:
Not fight Wilson, but provide that physical presence in the offensive zone while still being able to contribute offensively. Admittedly I haven’t watched much of Simmonds lately, sounds as if he’s lost a few steps?

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
A few players that won't break the bank and will allow the Bruins too add another piece.

Dzingel
Silverberg
Toffoli
Kreider

My first choice is Kreider. I don't know about "breaking the bank" for sure but it would have to put a serious dent in the Bruins' asset jar. I like the other names as well. Silfverberg is pretty damn fast, IIRC and would be an awesome add.

Kreider
Saad
Schenn

I think those are my top three choices... at least today. Glad I'm not in charge cause I change my mind like others change their socks.

Reactions: Bergyesque and TCB

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Kreider would be perfect but signing him with Backes on the roster would be impossible with Carlo and Charlie McA ‘s contracts coming along

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I don’t want him because of the sense I get with respect to his integration and impact on a locker room, but the pure skill-centric view of Tarasenko with Pasta and someone between em’ is a ridiculously delicious concept.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
My first choice is Kreider. I don't know about "breaking the bank" for sure but it would have to put a serious dent in the Bruins' asset jar. I like the other names as well. Silfverberg is pretty damn fast, IIRC and would be an awesome add.

Kreider
Saad
Schenn

I think those are my top three choices... at least today. Glad I'm not in charge cause I change my mind like others change their socks.

Kreider will no doubt cost the most as far as assets but he has a nice cap hit of 4.6 per through 2019-20.
Silverberg, I feel would be the ideal player on the second line or even up with Bergy and Marchand, he's a very under-rated two-way player.

I'm a big Dzingel fan as being a partial season ticket holder for the Sens game, this guy can be electric.

Toffoli having an off year, he seems disinterested at times but maybe a change of scenery would help.

Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
he`d be a nice addition, certainly not a guy you look to for leading the offense but he`s one of those quiet and steady players. Like his speed, good hands, won`t worry about his play in his own zone. Not sure what he`d cost but I`m going to put my faith behind DS and his staff that they are very much looking at every option at this stage, no way they don`t see what we do which is a team who is struggling to score

Flipside of that is this, the B`s are, tonight for one of the first times this year and possibly the first time, playing with a completely healthy back end and I`ve long stated once they get everyone back that we should and will see some uptick to the offense.

I like the kid line, making nice improvements in their development but I don`t get pulled into a false sense of security that they`d be ok in the ramped up heat of the playoffs, they need a vet on that line to keep things nice and settled

I may be way off here but wasn't Silf part of a quality match up line in Anaheim few years ago? He could click very well with Bergeron which would open up Pasta for a line move.

Even with healthy I can't trust this offense to be ready to go game after game against the best in the playoffs, with success.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I may be way off here but wasn't Silf part of a quality match up line in Anaheim few years ago? He could click very well with Bergeron which would open up Pasta for a line move.

Even with healthy I can't trust this offense to be ready to go game after game against the best in the playoffs, with success.

Can`t recall myself as I really haven`t watched him a ton in recent years but I like his game, decent size, protects the puck very well and you could be right, nice vet winger for DK. Also I get the hunch he`s a guy who if traded would come in quietly and not disrupt a thing.

He`s a nice player, far from a star, not a sniper but very good hands

774EVER

& Now 374EVER
Curious why some are so high on Kreider? LW, career 40 point player (give or take). I understand that he is scoring at a decent rate this year, but he's far from elite and I don't really see him as a game breaker, other than the fact that he's fast as hell.

Not sure I'd give up the farm for him.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Curious why some are so high on Kreider? LW, career 40 point player (give or take). I understand that he is scoring at a decent rate this year, but he's far from elite and I don't really see him as a game breaker, other than the fact that he's fast as hell.

I understand it, not sure the B`s "need" a game breaker, I think they need someone with a proven track record of being able to produce some offense and perhaps help balance out a line that opponents must stand up and take notice of.

Krieder is consistently around the 20 goal + mark, plays responsible, big body who is not afraid to use it and something important, a wack of playoff experience. He`s a guy who won`t drive a line but can be, in the right situation, a very nice complimentary piece ala Peverley and he`s not a pure rental with one more year left on his deal

Don`t think you`d have to empty the farm to get him, he`ll cost ya, but not along the lines of a Schenn IMO

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Can`t recall myself as I really haven`t watched him a ton in recent years but I like his game, decent size, protects the puck very well and you could be right, nice vet winger for DK. Also I get the hunch he`s a guy who if traded would come in quietly and not disrupt a thing.

He`s a nice player, far from a star, not a sniper but very good hands

Like I said and agreed he's not a star but he could get the top6 click.

Schenn/Saad/Silf/x there's options for Sweeney.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
OR if Los Angeles decides that they '' don't remember" what deal you're talking about?" I'm sure LA is still a little resentful (********) of the Martin Jones deal and would love to screw Sweeney the way he screwed them. LOL they would sit back for 5 years and Laaaaaaaaaugh!

I always wondered if there was bad blood between the Kings and Boston managment and that Sweeney got a bad first impression as the newly manager to his colleagues after the Jones trade. I mean the Kings wanted Jones keep out of the west because they knew that he could help their competition to get a great goalie. Then Sweeney turns around, trades Jones back to the west and to one of their biggest rivals. Somehow it seemed to me, after that it looked like that Sweeney had trouble to find trading partners. Maybe someone with more inside knowledge can give more information about it?

Reactions: TCB

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009

He’s fast, tenacious, and has scoring touch. Yeah he’s on a career pace right now but still, he’s a big, reliable winger. I don’t know if he or JDB would be on the right but a line of DeBrusk/Krejci/Kreider seems like a recipe for success.

I don’t know what constitutes the farm, but I’d give a 1st and... I don’t know what prospect. Sweeney probably wouldn’t, though. Maybe NYR wouldn’t do that either haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad