Proposal: All Bruins Trade Rumours /Proposals IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
He's not blocking anyone in the system. He's a rental for this run.

Plus 3 defenseman on Ottawa and has won before.
I'm not saying Hainsey would be blocking anyone. I'm saying after Hainsey leaves at the end of the season there is no one to fill that spot in the system

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Chara is 42?? He's 38 on the last year of his deal. Goal is to win now.

He's also a plus D on a bad team. Clearly can still defend.
So at 2.5 Million and 20% picked up on the tab. You would IMO offer Ritchie and a 2 nd rd pk or a 3rd pk. If they take on salary and Ritchie they need something back worth while. Don’t say he’s 38 you just said Chara is 42. Don’t say that’s a lot . I watched this team give up a 4th for Rinaldo or was it a 5 th.. in that range. Mistake or not they did it.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
So at 2.5 Million and 20% picked up on the tab. You would IMO offer Ritchie and a 2 nd rd pk or a 3rd pk. If they take on salary and Ritchie they need something back worth while. Don’t say he’s 38 you just said Chara is 42. Don’t say that’s a lot . I watched this team give up a 4th for Rinaldo or was it a 5 th.. in that range. Mistake or not they did it.

Even better friend, it was a 3rd

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
I'm not saying Hainsey would be blocking anyone. I'm saying after Hainsey leaves at the end of the season there is no one to fill that spot in the system
He’s going “all in” for this year. I think that’s the meaning of it. He better not stop at Hainsey, he better have something else up that is big in the works. No toe dipping or feel for the water. You jump in or not.

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
He’s going “all in” for this year. I think that’s the meaning of it. He better not stop at Hainsey, he better have something else up that is big in the works. No toe dipping or feel for the water. You jump in or not.

There's a bigger picture to this trade that I don't think you are seeing.

1) hainsey is better than John Moore. I get to see a lot of Sens games and dude can still play and would be a huge asset for a PO run, plus is a natural RD unlike Moore and is tough as nails. He's a guy who's perfect for the 6 spot.

2) Moore leaving frees up money for next year which Boston absolutely needs. Plus Moore doesn't block a young guy like Vaak next year coming in.

What does Ottawa get? Cost controlled vet to help young guys like Chabot Branstrum etc moving forward.

Also after Duclair resurgence I believe the Senators is a great place for a guy like Chelarik and i thoroughly believe Chelarik can be a 30-40 pt guy in the NHL with the right chance. Who knows if Ottawa feels the same way but worth a shot because he is wasting away on Providence.

Yes it's not a "big trade" but the trade makes Boston defensive depth much better.

Also Ritchie could be had for a bag of pucks or one of those super dekers.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
not his fault Mojo played better with Coyle and then that line performed as pretty much their #1 line for the back half of the playoffs. He’s a 2nd line talent. He added the firepower. They had him with Krejci for a bit iirc then they moved him with Coyle and had a legit 2nd line (just because there was no Krejci on it doesn’t mean they didn’t perform like one)

do you think they lost last year because Sweeney didn’t address secondary scoring, or do you think they lost because their 3 best forwards no showed the cup?

And I’ll say this again- if they went and got Johansson right now for the 2nd line what do you think the reaction would be here? I’d wager it would be mostly very positive

What sense does this make? How would this address the issue? It failed to last year and we're in the same situation this year.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It’s pretty clear what the strategy has been for that winger spot- he keeps it open and hopes one of the kids develops and can step into that role for cheap. If nobody steps up, he goes out at the deadline and adds a secondary scoring winger...whether it be something major like Nash, something middling like Mojo, or something like a Stempniak.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
What sense does this make? How would this address the issue? It failed to last year and we're in the same situation this year.

Again, was that the issue last year? Was secondary scoring why they lost? Or was it because the 1st line was a complete no-show 5 on 5?

I think the secondary scoring was fine last year in the cup, just my opinion. 1st line sucked.

a hypothetical add of mojo absolutely improves this team btw. Not happening tho and I understand this

Reactions: BruinsNetwork

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
There's a bigger picture to this trade that I don't think you are seeing.

1) hainsey is better than John Moore. I get to see a lot of Sens games and dude can still play and would be a huge asset for a PO run, plus is a natural RD unlike Moore and is tough as nails. He's a guy who's perfect for the 6 spot.

2) Moore leaving frees up money for next year which Boston absolutely needs. Plus Moore doesn't block a young guy like Vaak next year coming in.

What does Ottawa get? Cost controlled vet to help young guys like Chabot Branstrum etc moving forward.

Also after Duclair resurgence I believe the Senators is a great place for a guy like Chelarik and i thoroughly believe Chelarik can be a 30-40 pt guy in the NHL with the right chance. Who knows if Ottawa feels the same way but worth a shot because he is wasting away on Providence.

Yes it's not a "big trade" but the trade makes Boston defensive depth much better.

Also Ritchie could be had for a bag of pucks or one of those super dekers.

Well if you can unload Moore’s contract it might be worth it. Of course you sign RH for peanuts or dump him and have Moore off the books for next year. Its a win win situation. But something tells me if they dump salary it’s for a top 6 forward or keeping Krug past this year IMO. It’s a good idea on your part. Yes you have improved the depth. I hope Miller could come back though. He says he’ll be back in 2020. I have doubts about him or the depth goes out the window.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
No. We're saying he's failed to address the hole on Krejci's right. YOU said he DID address it.

Which one of us is right?

honestly I think he spent his full cap... and filled alot of holes. he left one open for a hw fighter
he didnt get any player named Dwayne or donald
we dont have a german born player

im sure theres a few other 'holes' some more important than others

he did get a winger for krejci when he got nash
the last gm got one for krejci when he got iginla

honestly I cant remember everyones opinion... but i think a lot of people here were not in favor of those deals

at the end of the day... hes put together a hell of a team... 119 points in the past calander year... getting better and better like fine wine

we just went 4-0-4... the fans are in revolt... thats 12 points in 8 games... projects to over 120 points in a season

what the hell do the fans want? open revolt when we just went on a 120 point pace for the last 1/10th of the season? really?

I see lots of armchair qbs talking about this player and that player... most of them dont attempt to make the cap work.

most these same armchair qbs were dead set against giving up donato for coyle… most of them didnt have a good idea who marcus Johansson was

scream and shout and let it all out
its our right as a fan
but sweeneys doing ok by me {and I was someone against the firing of Chiarelli}

the Sweeney regieme has already seen 1 trip to the cup finals
and we are a better team today then we were this time last year

it sucks... but some people here are just going to have to accept that things are pretty good
and maybe spending all our time complaining is hard to justify?

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Again, was that the issue last year? Was secondary scoring why they lost? Or was it because the 1st line was a complete no-show 5 on 5?

I think the secondary scoring was fine last year in the cup, just my opinion. 1st line sucked.

a hypothetical add of mojo absolutely improves this team btw. Not happening tho and I understand this
They lost the cup because of the five on five play from everybody mainly the first line.. I agree.

I thought the games where officiated differently from 4-7. Although game seven I didn’t have a problem with it but Gm4 and Gm5 .. especially Gm5 that missed trip cost them a chance at OT. It might have cost them the cup. I’ve given STL credit. But they got a lot of breaks some deserved some not.

Reactions: CDJ

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
Well if you can unload Moore’s contract it might be worth it. Of course you sign RH for peanuts or dump him and have Moore off the books for next year. Its a win win situation. But something tells me if they dump salary it’s for a top 6 forward or keeping Krug past this year IMO. It’s a good idea on your part. Yes you have improved the depth. I hope Miller could come back though. He says he’ll be back in 2020. I have doubts about him or the depth goes out the window.

I like Miller and this is not a shot at him but I hope he is done for the year. He's been out close to a year. It would be a lot to ask of the guy to come back in playoff ready form.

Plus we can move his cap to LTIR which helps us. He also comes off the books next year and I am sure a team will take a flyer on him.

Also I would not bring Hainsey back at all next year. 1 and done.

Reactions: BAD BOY and CDJ

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
honestly I think he spent his full cap... and filled alot of holes. he left one open for a hw fighter
he didnt get any player named Dwayne or donald
we dont have a german born player

im sure theres a few other 'holes' some more important than others

he did get a winger for krejci when he got nash
the last gm got one for krejci when he got iginla

honestly I cant remember everyones opinion... but i think a lot of people here were not in favor of those deals

at the end of the day... hes put together a hell of a team... 119 points in the past calander year... getting better and better like fine wine

we just went 4-0-4... the fans are in revolt... thats 12 points in 8 games... projects to over 120 points in a season

what the hell do the fans want? open revolt when we just went on a 120 point pace for the last 1/10th of the season? really?

I see lots of armchair qbs talking about this player and that player... most of them dont attempt to make the cap work.

most these same armchair qbs were dead set against giving up donato for coyle… most of them didnt have a good idea who marcus Johansson was

scream and shout and let it all out
its our right as a fan
but sweeneys doing ok by me {and I was someone against the firing of Chiarelli}

the Sweeney regieme has already seen 1 trip to the cup finals
and we are a better team today then we were this time last year

it sucks... but some people here are just going to have to accept that things are pretty good
and maybe spending all our time complaining is hard to justify?
I’m not complaining at all. I had my doubts about the Coyle deal. I admitted that. I would’ve done the Nash deal. I wasn’t a member at the time put I saw all posts from all different forums give opinions. It’s just unfortunately we got Nash when they had Tampa in the second rd, nothing you can do about that. I was not in favor of Backes deal and if I was , my mistake. I didn’t have a problem with Halak. I liked the Moore signing. I don’t have a problem with Wagner or Coyle signings. I would like Krug signed too. I said it right now. Lol

I like Sweeney he’s done a good job. But if I have something to say I’ll say it regardless who likes it or not. I’ll say it with respect though and not embarrass anybody. I don’t think people are complaining just offering solutions on what the team could improve on. That’s all. As you know playoff hockey is different than regular season hockey. In the regular season they bang you up.. playoffs they injure you. Lol

I’m not saying this about you . It’s in general. It’s all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->