Proposal: All Bruins trade rumors/proposals: 16/17 Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I'm in the same boat as you. While Carlo is a good young piece, he's still unproven as to what he'll really amount to, whereas Landeskog is a very good, young and cost-controlled player that very much fits the profile that fits well with Krejci.

But still, if Sakic is desperate for young D and in particular local boy Carlo, shape the deal to our requirements. I.e. lump Beleskey or Hayes in with the deal. Include a debrusk or similar if that's what it takes.

This Cehlarik kid has looked great with Pasta and Krecji .Might be just as good to keep him and Carlo and add some other way to Bruins .

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Right side

McAvoy
Chiller
Killer
McQuaid

I'm ok with that.

The best defense is a good offense, and Lando + Cassidy tilts the ice in our favour

Give me Lando without the farm literally going.

Boston's top 6 would be pretty impressive

and they still would have more prospects than they know what to do with

McAvoy- non starter
Senyshyn- only right shot winger prospect
Bjork- unsigned but like Lando can play everywhere
JFK- Toews? Bergy? Oates? Overrated? Sees ice like few

You trade Carlo I would think you don't touch any of these and do have McAvoy coming and the leaps and bounds improving

Miller boys

Can Sweeney get him without those guys & Carlo? Doubtful

Carlo Heinen 1st my guess

I love Landeskog so this is painful- perfect Bruins and only 24

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Carlo is still developing both on the ice and physically. He is gathering massive experience with each game played.
Physically, guys have their easiest time adding muscle to their frame between the ages of 18 and 25. Just wait until he fills out and develops ture inner core strength.

Yes, it is massive experience in a short time. He's taking it in and he's processing it very well. When he started the season with Z he really took the onus off of Chara and allowed him to play his game. That right there showed his ability to adapt to his D-partner and to allow Z to play his game, at his pace. He's been thrown in against top line opponents and hasn't looked out of place. IIRC I believe that he even played his offside in a few occasions.
It comes down to what is more valuable (in my eyes). A veteran LW or a rookie defenseman? What is harder to acquire when you need one? A young, physical smooth skating D-man or a 24 y.o. LW with credentials in his young career. A team Captain or an up and comer who would leave a huge hole in front of Rask? If I'm the GM I would LOVE to have Landeskog, but I wouldn't create a hole that may not get filled for months or years unless I KNOW that I can fill it ASAP!
As a grandfather I have my work vans, and my minivan. I also have a '65 Wildcat Convertible.
I NEED my work vans. I NEED my minivan (for my grandchildren). I don't NEED my convertible. It is a luxury, as is Landeskog.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Give me Lando without the farm literally going.

Boston's top 6 would be pretty impressive

and they still would have more prospects than they know what to do with

McAvoy- non starter
Senyshyn- only right shot winger prospect
Bjork- unsigned but like Lando can play everywhere
JFK- Toews? Bergy? Oates? Overrated? Sees ice like few

You trade Carlo I would think you don't touch any of these and do have McAvoy coming and the leaps and bounds improving

Miller boys

Can Sweeney get him without those guys & Carlo? Doubtful

Carlo Heinen 1st my guess

I love Landeskog so this is painful- perfect Bruins and only 24

I have NO problem with the bolded. But, if he gives up Carlo he damn well better have an experienced, strong defenseman coming back in a separate deal FIRST, before he trades away Carlo.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
Carlo is still developing both on the ice and physically. He is gathering massive experience with each game played.
Physically, guys have their easiest time adding muscle to their frame between the ages of 18 and 25. Just wait until he fills out and develops ture inner core strength.

yup!

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
A 2nd line winger is exactly what he is, you nailed it.

A guy for the right package you bring in. I have no issues with him becoming a Bruin for the right price. Even if his cap hit potential causes issues not too far down the road.

But not a guy you in any way shape or form over-pay to get.

He is that here because of Marchand and would create the strongest top 6 in the league.

You pay for that and Boston has the savings to do it.

He is easily a top 10 left wing in the league.

Last edited:

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I have NO problem with the bolded. But, if he gives up Carlo he damn well better have an experienced, strong defenseman coming back in a separate deal FIRST, before he trades away Carlo.

There lies the issue. .If he adds that experienced strong D man coming back you can kiss Colin Miller gone too. Either trade route or Vegas.Bruins should sit this out and keep Cehlarik and Carlo. FIND ANOTHER WAY TO IMPROVE

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
He is that here because of Marchand and would create the strongest top 6 in the league.

You pay for that and Boston has the savings to do it.

He is easily a top 10 left wing in the league.

They do?

They should be fine for next season, although without money going out you now have very little room to upgrade elsewhere.

Now project 2 years out.

Krejci - 7.25
Bergeron - 6.9
Marchand - 6.1
Landeskog - 5.6
Backes - 6.0
Pastrnak - 6.0 (Projected, could be slightly less)

Belesky - 3.9

Krug - 5.25
Kevan/McQuaid - 2.63 (Averaged between 2.5 and 2.75)

Rask - 7.0

Seidenberg buy-out - 1.1

So your at approx. 58 million allocated between 7 F, 2 D, and a G. Leaving about 15 million (give or take) for 6 F, 5 D, and a back-up goaltender.

Now look at your projected significant RFAs moving forward (not including Pasta this year if he gets a long-term extension)

2017 - Spooner
2018 - Colin Miller, Vatrano
2019 - Carlo
2020 - McAvoy (assuming he signs for next year)

And we haven't even factored in any of the other prospects like Cehlarik, Heinen, JFK, Debrusk, Bjork, etc. etc. making the team and becoming contributors.

Obviously things can change quickly, this is just based on what we know today.

Bring in Landeskog to load up the top 6 for the next 4 seasons, and something will have to give elsewhere, it's that simple.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
They do?

They should be fine for next season, although without money going out you now have very little room to upgrade elsewhere.

Now project 2 years out.

Krejci - 7.25
Bergeron - 6.9
Marchand - 6.1
Landeskog - 5.6
Backes - 6.0
Pastrnak - 6.0 (Projected, could be slightly less)

Belesky - 3.9

Krug - 5.25
Kevan/McQuaid - 2.63 (Averaged between 2.5 and 2.75)

Rask - 7.0

Seidenberg buy-out - 1.1

So your at approx. 58 million allocated between 7 F, 2 D, and a G. Leaving about 15 million (give or take) for 6 F, 5 D, and a back-up goaltender.

Now look at your projected significant RFAs moving forward (not including Pasta this year if he gets a long-term extension)

2017 - Spooner
2018 - Colin Miller, Vatrano
2019 - Carlo
2020 - McAvoy (assuming he signs for next year)

And we haven't even factored in any of the other prospects like Cehlarik, Heinen, JFK, Debrusk, Bjork, etc. etc. making the team and becoming contributors.

Obviously things can change quickly, this is just based on what we know today.

Bring in Landeskog to load up the top 6 for the next 4 seasons, and something will have to give elsewhere, it's that simple.

Now we're scraping the bottom of the barrel - a tight salary cap team two years from now?

Just for a little reference, this was the roster two years ago
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0000322015.html

A lot can, and does, happen. Landeskog is good value at his cap hit. Regarding $ that's all ye know and all ye need know.

Last edited:

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
I was thinking about if we just went full youth movement next year what the line up would look like and it's actually not bad. Would be a young, fast, skilled exciting team to watch and only be at around 60mill in salary cap

Marchand-Bergeron-Bjork
Cehlarik-Krejci-Pastrnak
Vatrano-JFK-Backes
Debrusk-Kurlay-Heinen
Blidh

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Zboril-C Miller
O'Gara

Rask
McIntyre

That's with still having high end prospects in Senyshyn, Frederic, Lauzon and Lindgren coming up

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Now we're scraping the bottom of the barrel - a tight salary cap team two years from now?

Just for a little reference, this was the roster two years ago
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0000322015.html

Wonderful contribution.

So pointing out the salary ramifications of a Landeskog is scraping the bottom of the barrel. :shakehead

And this is with turnover of 1/3 of the roster between now and October 2018.

Gone are Chara, one of McQuaid/Kevan, Liles, Morrow, Nash, Czarnik, Hayes, Moore, Schaller. Khudobin in this basic projection.

It can be done, don't get me wrong.

But folks acting like acquiring Landeskog doesn't have a domino affect on decisions made on other parts of the roster in a very short period of time is just plain false.

And has to be taken into account when judging the cost to acquire him.

Are you Peter Chiarelli?

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Don't think they should do anything until this road trip is done,Will have a better idea what this team really is.If they come out 3-0 or 0-3 makes a huge difference n what kind of moves they should make.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Wonderful contribution.

So pointing out the salary ramifications of a Landeskog is scraping the bottom of the barrel. :shakehead

And this is with turnover of 1/3 of the roster between now and October 2018.

Gone are Chara, one of McQuaid/Kevan, Liles, Morrow, Nash, Czarnik, Hayes, Moore, Schaller. Khudobin in this basic projection.

It can be done, don't get me wrong.

But folks acting like acquiring Landeskog doesn't have a domino affect on decisions made on other parts of the roster in a very short period of time is just plain false.

And has to be taken into account when judging the cost to acquire him.

Are you Peter Chiarelli?

Yes- arguing that the salary cap MIGHT be tight TWO YEARS from now, when discussing trading for a guy on a great deal, who will be the 6th highest cap hit, is closer to the bottom of the barrel than a top shelf arguement like comparing him to Brett Connolly :laugh:

Don't think they should do anything until this road trip is done,Will have a better idea what this team really is.If they come out 3-0 or 0-3 makes a huge difference n what kind of moves they should make.

Definitely interested in seeing what they can do after the bye week- but I'd hope they have a longer term vision and plan that wouldn't be swayed by any three game trip

Last edited:

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Couldn't agree more...Carlo has been an excellent surprise this year but he also plays with Chara who helps him a lot. Yes he still plays against the other teams top lines but he's struggled playing with Krug as well and I personally don't see him getting more thenews 15-20 points a year. I haven't seen anything to suggest he'd be a great 2 way dean.

Landeskog would make everyone forget about this kid. When Los Angeles traded for Carter and gave up on Johnson that was the best move they ever did.

I don't think if Boston had Drew Doughty on our back line, combined with McAvoy and our other prospects, anyone would be upset about a Carlo package for Landoskog. I certainly wouldn't.

For me this is all about fit/need. Lando fits with us. Avs have a need that we aren't deep enough to fill without causing real pain -- not fan "I don't want to give up our prospects" type pain, but "we don't have an actual top NHL 1-6 defense to begin with" type pain.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Yes- arguing that the salary cap MIGHT be tight TWO YEARS from now, when discussing trading for a guy on a great deal, who will be the 6th highest cap hit, is closer to the bottom of the barrel than a top shelf arguement like comparing him to Brett Connolly :laugh:

Laugh it up.

Do you think real GMs just say "F**** it, it's a great cap hit, who cares how it affects what we do later"

You don't think real NHL teams don't try and project out what their salary commitments and potential commitments are going to be in the years moving forward?

I took the time to outline a realistic and real world argument using actual numbers as to why trading for Landeskog may not be the no-brainer decision you make it out to be, and your response to that is "your scraping the bottom of the barrel".

Your arguments come across as childish at best, it's probably past your bedtime.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
As a big fan of his, and someone who has seen just about every game of his in an Avalanche uniform...I don't think he is capable of 75 points. Like I said, peak offensive years around 65 points, MAYBE 70 in an absolutely perfect year (but I'm skeptical on that).

However, knowing Dom's reputation around here, I've already prepared myself for him to be traded :(

I don't care what happens...... I just want to take a moment to acknowledge your avatar. You must be a wise man -- and given the topic, I'd like to remind both Don and Joe to mind their manners. Because when wheeling and dealing and establishing player values, it's good to remember the words of the great Erlich Bachman ....

"There is a linear correlation between how intolerable I was and the valuation". :laugh:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Come on don't make things difficult for me.Lol.They need to get at least 4 points out of this trip,or there no better than they were before getting rid of Julian.

let`s say our boys go 3-0 or even 2-1, while that would be great, I really hope this does not mean the approach by management would change.

If deals are made, no rentals and I don`t want to sacrifice any picks in next year`s draft without an established, NHL roster player coming back in return and I`m not talking about a bottom 6 forward or a 5-6th D-man

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Other observations, no one has really mentioned O'Gara as a backfill option, for bottom pair minutes if Colin is to get Carlos minutes. Think they're done w Morrow, maybe Liles. O'Gara obviously not the same but similar, good skater for size, big, good w stick, offensive ceiling, etc

If they bring in Lando, got to think three of Kevan, Adam, Belesky and Hayes are gone before the start of next season. Colorado should take one of those back is a deal, lucky if one goes in expansion.

Still not sure I 100% love the idea of Carlo going out, feel like he could have impact akin to Chris Tanev.

Two cents.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
No matter how good you hope Landeskog to be, if your goal is to make the playoffs...I don't see how subtracting Carlo would make that possible. What are you talking about, going to a Morrow or something? I'm pretty sure the Bruins ehh D couldn't take that hit. We'd really need 5+ goals a night.

I can understand "considering it," although I'm personally against trading any young defenseman with top pair defensive potential who's shown flashes of it on the NHL level at 20 or whatever...I'd say that's literally the hardest thing to find, these days...and we've proven it for years...

But I would consider it a long term move/white flag only.

Couldn't agree more. People need to remember Cassidy is new coach. Yes, it's a more exciting uptempo game but more involved and pinching D will cause some opportunities the other way. Bye week came at awful time both from momentum but also for teams to scout/adapt to our newer approach WITHOUT our being able to practice it.

If we move Carlo for Lando..... and ownership wants PO's (plan be damned) could get interesting around here!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad