Proposal: All Bruins Trade Proposals IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Gryz , Debrusk and a number 1 for Hall contingent he signs a long term contract. One might say wait he's an FA at the end of the year .. I want him now and how effective have the Bruins been at signing noteworthy
FA's not scrap like Backes and beleskey.
Hall seems will test the market and he'll be gone . NJ can at least get something in return if they trade him
If they can not give up Jake and some other youngster.. great
But NJ will ask for at least Jake

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Gryz , Debrusk and a number 1 for Hall contingent he signs a long term contract. One might say wait he's an FA at the end of the year .. I want him now and how effective have the Bruins been at signing noteworthy
FA's not scrap like Backes and beleskey.
Hall seems will test the market and he'll be gone . NJ can at least get something in return if they trade him
If they can not give up Jake and some other youngster.. great
But NJ will ask for at least Jake

Wait until the summer to sign Hall...he wants to be a bruin. You don't give up anything / he comes at no cost of players/picks.

BTW not giving Gryz and/or Debrusk away to anyone - both are too good.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Wait until the summer to sign Hall...he wants to be a bruin. You don't give up anything / he comes at no cost of players/picks.

If they can get him for those guys . Do it. I'd be very surprised if the Bruins sign him.
Also Berg and dk will be a yr older.
Now would be more ideal..

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015

I could see Hall taking a flyer on Boston before he signs anywhere. The perfect fit for that second line. If NJ misses the playoffs by a mile this year I think he walks. Unless they offer him 10+ there is no way he spends the next couple years being part of a rebuild, even if it is really close.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I have one plea to make and one question to ask...

My plea: Can we please recognize that pending UFA's never cost top half roster players? Please. DeBrusk and Gryz for Hall? What was it last year, McAvoy for Stone?

Mark Stone was traded for a very good D prospect and a 2nd round pick. Every year the best UFA's are dealt for prospects and picks, not important roster players but every year this fan base convinces itself that it will take our best young roster players to get the hot new toy on the market.

MARK STONE WAS TRADED FOR A GOOD PROSPECT AND A SECOND! That needs to sink in folks.

My question: What makes anyone think we will go after Taylor Hall? We've needed a RW for 4 years. When I list the reasons the Bruins let the Cup slip away last year, not having a RW is #1 on that list. But when a top5 RW in the league was available for a prospect and a pick, we passed. We. Passed. So why would we go for Hall? What makes this scenario different?

I admit, I was crushed that we didn't get Stone (or any RW) but all I read here was "we were never going to get Stone anyway..." So clearly there was a contingent of people who thought the B's wouldn't make a move for the big time addition. Did you think that all along? Or just claim to after the fact? Where are they now? Again, I'd like to know why you correctly predicted the Bruins would not go for Stone and compare those reasons to why they would or would not go after Hall.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

My plea: Can we please recognize that pending UFA's never cost top half roster players? Please. DeBrusk and Gryz for Hall? What was it last year, McAvoy for Stone?

Mark Stone was traded for a very good D prospect and a 2nd round pick. Every year the best UFA's are dealt for prospects and picks, not important roster players but every year this fan base convinces itself that it will take our best young roster players to get the hot new toy on the market.

MARK STONE WAS TRADED FOR A GOOD PROSPECT AND A SECOND! That needs to sink in folks.

My question: What makes anyone think we will go after Taylor Hall? We've needed a RW for 4 years. When I list the reasons the Bruins let the Cup slip away last year, not having a RW is #1 on that list. But when a top5 RW in the league was available for a prospect and a pick, we passed. We. Passed. So why would we go for Hall? What makes this scenario different?

I admit, I was crushed that we didn't get Stone (or any RW) but all I read here was "we were never going to get Stone anyway..." So clearly there was a contingent of people who thought the B's wouldn't make a move for the big time addition. Did you think that all along? Or just claim to after the fact? Where are they now? Again, I'd like to know why you correctly predicted the Bruins would not go for Stone and compare those reasons to why they would or would not go after Hall.

While I agreee with you, we cant move Heinen up in Pasta's spot. Move Pasta down with Krejci and move DeBrusk down with Coyle. Then we have a spot open on Krejci's left instead of right.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
While I agreee with you, we cant move Heinen up in Pasta's spot. Move Pasta down with Krejci and move DeBrusk down with Coyle. Then we have a spot open on Krejci's left instead of right.

I don't understand. Are you saying we CAN move Heinen up and reshuffle the deck? And if so, I'm still not clear on why it's relevant. I wasn't making an argument of LW vs RW. I was making the argument that if we passed on the first legitimate answer to the question at wing last year then what makes people think we won't pass on this year's answer as well?

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

i don't know if they'd have interest in hall. but i agree with you that mark stone was the most
perfect ever fit for this team and sadly they didn't get him. i do believe that a few things were
in play that determined stone was never coming here. first, dorion and his stupid rule of not
wanting to trade within the division. second, stone's connection to kelly mccrimmon. and third,
sweeney allegedly wouldn't part with vaakanainen in any trades so that made it an easy pass
for dorion (even when he accepted offers from atlantic teams). i'm a heinen fan but would trade
him for a right-shot 2RW - largely because i believe bjork coyle kuhlman would be a nice 3rd line.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005

On the off chance NJ is out of it and decides to move him at the deadline - I doubt it - he'll return the same as near every other deadline deal for UFAs - a young player that isn't all that and a bag of chips just yet and a team's 5th best prospect and a 1st or 2nd.
Boston's would be Bjork and Oskar Steen and a 2nd or something. - depending on what you think of those players but no contending team is going to be trading guys of DeBrusk or Gryz's quality for a rental.

The Bruins did try last year though. Not Stone but they picked up Coyle and Johannson, both of whom can play RW. Those were fantastic pick-ups that could've filled that role.
The year before Rick Nash was a fantastic pick-up for that role and if not concussed probably would've re-signed.
They signed David Backes probably hoping he could slide in there and give Krejci a kind of Nathan Horton type winger.
---- what I mean is that they've tried. The Bruins have had more consistency in their line-up than pretty much any other team in the league so we want that for Krejci. I was dying for them to find him a permanent RWer and really thought Nash was the perfect acquisition, pretty much the Stone of the previous year, but... it just hasn't worked out.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
i don't know if they'd have interest in hall. but i agree with you that mark stone was the most
perfect ever fit for this team and sadly they didn't get him. i do believe that a few things were
in play that determined stone was never coming here. first, dorion and his stupid rule of not
wanting to trade within the division. second, stone's connection to kelly mccrimmon. and third,
sweeney allegedly wouldn't part with vaakanainen in any trades so that made it an easy pass
for dorion (even when he accepted offers from atlantic teams). i'm a heinen fan but would trade
him for a right-shot 2RW - largely because i believe bjork coyle kuhlman would be a nice 3rd line.

Reasons 1 and 2 are specific to that situation so if that's all it was then that would give me hope that Hall could be a target, but if Reason 3 is true then we can cancel the parade because Hall's price is going to be similar to Stone's, which means Vaak and a 2nd, or Vaak's value in other picks/prospects.

OT: Why the heck do your posts
look like this? Do you hit "return' when you get to the end of a line?

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I don't understand. Are you saying we CAN move Heinen up and reshuffle the deck? And if so, I'm still not clear on why it's relevant. I wasn't making an argument of LW vs RW. I was making the argument that if we passed on the first legitimate answer to the question at wing last year then what makes people think we won't pass on this year's answer as well?

Most peoples first reaction to Hall trade offers here are "He's a LW"

Just trying to add that is not a wall to a deal. If the best option for Boston in Feburary is a LW, it can be accomidated.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I would hate to lose Grizz, but if he were traded what about straight up deal to Vegas for Alex Tuch?

Either one would be available for Seattle to take during the expansion draft. Tuch is on a 7 year deal at 4.75m cap hit. Gryz is a RFA this summer currently making 1.4m

We would have more control over a Gryz contract that would cost less or at worse equal to Tuch. Both would be temp players as both are prime expansion draft targets.

Reactions: bbfan419

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Lol, that's funny. Typewriter style.

I love that line. I think Kuhlman has looked more effective on line 3.

tuch would be such a great fit on this team. dunno how you get him though.
vegas needs help on D. something with gryz and heinen in a bigger deal maybe.

i do wonder, though. with marchessault and stone ahead of him, can tuch be had?
or is it marchessault that they may end up moving?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
tuch feels untouchable unless hes unhappy behind the scenes... but if he was available in a trade we got to get all over that

the cost would be MORE than grezlyck but thats ok because hes worth it.

if we did get tuch... it completely blocks sensyhn's path to the nhl so he could be included as a sweetner

honestly though a right side depth chart of pastrnak/tuch/kuhlman or steen/and then wagner would be so awesome...

have Bergeron/krejci/coyle and kuraly at center until the kids start to work into the spots

and leftwing is already set up golden with marchand/debrusk and then Heinen holding down the 3rd spot until a kid like Bjork or lauko replaces him to reduce our cap hit... fill in that 4th line spot with utility roleplayers like Nordstrom/lindholm

sadly getting tuch would end the Ritchie/backes experiment since they all compete for basically the same spot... but im sure most bruin fans would get over whatever hurt they might feel about that

if he is available... we MUST attempt to land him

Reactions: bbfan419

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

They need cap space, so Tuch for cost controlled player or prospect would work.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

I've thought about Tuch as well. They're deep with wingers in Vegas, I'd love to see him pried away.

I think Krug is the one that needs to go out though, not Gryz. I love Krug but I don't see how they can add an expensive winger without sending some money out. Even with the dead money coming off the books and a buyout of Backes (that would save $2m) they're still only going to have around $5.5m to spend. Of course that depends on who they keep. If they let Gryz go, they'd have around $8.5 to sign Krug but not bring in a winger, unless that winger makes less than $2m.

CapFriendly.com Armchair-GM User-Generated Roster

FORWARDS (12)
Right wing: David Pastrnak ($6,666,666) - Karson Kuhlman ($1,500,000) - Anders Bjork ($1,000,000) - Chris Wagner ($1,500,000)
Centre: Patrice Bergeron ($6,875,000) - David Krejci ($7,250,000) - Charlie Coyle ($5,500,000) - Sean Kuraly ($1,275,000)
Left wing: Brad Marchand ($6,125,000) - Jake DeBrusk ($5,000,000) - Danton Heinen ($2,800,000) - Anton Blidh ($700,000)

DEFENSE (6)
Right: Charlie McAvoy ($4,900,000) - Brandon Carlo ($2,850,000) - Connor Clifton ($1,000,000)
Left: Matt Grzelcyk ($3,000,000) - Urho Vaakanainen ($894,167) - John Moore ($2,750,000)

GOALTENDER (2)
Tuukka Rask ($7,000,000) - Jaroslav Halák ($1,500,000)

BUYOUTS (1)
David Backes ($4,000,000)

SCRATCHES (2)
Par Lindholm $850,000
Steve Kampfer $800,000

DETAILS
Roster Size: 22
Salary Cap: $81,500,000
Cap Hit: $75,735,833
Cap Space: $5,764,167

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Either one would be available for Seattle to take during the expansion draft. Tuch is on a 7 year deal at 4.75m cap hit. Gryz is a RFA this summer currently making 1.4m

We would have more control over a Gryz contract that would cost less or at worse equal to Tuch. Both would be temp players as both are prime expansion draft targets.
I think the B's would protect Tuch as one of the 7 F's, maybe even leave Krejci exposed at that point.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
tuch feels untouchable unless hes unhappy behind the scenes... but if he was available in a trade we got to get all over that

the cost would be MORE than grezlyck but thats ok because hes worth it.

if we did get tuch... it completely blocks sensyhn's path to the nhl so he could be included as a sweetner

honestly though a right side depth chart of pastrnak/tuch/kuhlman or steen/and then wagner would be so awesome...

have Bergeron/krejci/coyle and kuraly at center until the kids start to work into the spots

and leftwing is already set up golden with marchand/debrusk and then Heinen holding down the 3rd spot until a kid like Bjork or lauko replaces him to reduce our cap hit... fill in that 4th line spot with utility roleplayers like Nordstrom/lindholm

sadly getting tuch would end the Ritchie/backes experiment since they all compete for basically the same spot... but im sure most bruin fans would get over whatever hurt they might feel about that

if he is available... we MUST attempt to land him
I would trade Grizz + Senyshen for Tuch, he would be a great Bruin I would think. Grizz can be replaced by Lauzon or maybe even Zech if they sign him.

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Big fan of the talent in junior, not so much the person.

If it were up to me though, I'd target Josh Ho-Sang.
I would take a run at him Dom, outstanding talent in junior, just needs to get it right in his head, maybe being around Chara and Bergeron helps with that. Wonder if Zboril would get it done straight up for him?

Reactions: Number8

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Big fan of the talent in junior, not so much the person.

If it were up to me though, I'd target Josh Ho-Sang.
Curious to hear more thoughts on this, Dom.

He’s actually impressed me with what little I’ve seen from him at the NHL level. But that was a couple of years ago now and reports on his progress as a pro haven’t exactly been glowing.

Just wondering what makes you want to give him a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->