xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
He’s young he has excellent hands and shot and high character and coschable

I’m looking at him as a high end second liner

of course I saw the likes of LW
Reggie Leach
Al Secord
Geoff Courtnall

Get traded by Boston when as young as DeBrusk and not as successful and turn into 60, 50, snd 40 goal scorers with 300 + goals in career

to me a DeBrusk will retire well over 300 goals

I never said I don't like JD, in fact I think he has that level to his game that he can elevate to and be a factor. He just doesn't kick into that high gear enough for me.

Reactions: Strafer

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Not if you think that Boston has a LW as good as, if not better, than Debrusk on the team/in the system.

I agree, its not like you'd be giving DeBrusk away, you'd be looking for a player as good, but can play the Right-side and with Bjork,Heinen and Lauko on the Horizon on the Bruins left-wing compared to what they have on the RW....Ritchie Backes Wagner. Its a no-brainer if the right deal becomes available, you do it.

The Bruins are much deeper on the Left-side. Now if the right deal becomes available where you can keep DeBrusk obviously you do it, but so far Sweeney play for a RW hasn't materialized into success and if moving Jake leads to that, you do it.

Reactions: Strafer

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
The problem with JDB is he is playing with Krech and they have very little chemistry, break them up.

Give Krech Palmieri and Bjork. Let Coyle have JDB and Anderson. Trade out Heinen, Moore, Ritchie and Cehlarik in whatever way that works to get it done. Add a middle round pick and a prospect if needed.

That addresses physical forward and secondary scoring. Two areas we are in need at his time and for the playoffs.

Reactions: bbfan419

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
The problem with JDB is he is playing with Krech and they have very little chemistry, break them up.

Give Krech Palmieri and Bjork. Let Coyle have JDB and Anderson. Trade out Heinen, Moore, Ritchie and Cehlarik in whatever way that works to get it done. Add a middle round pick and a prospect if needed.

That addresses physical forward and secondary scoring. Two areas we are in need at his time and for the playoffs.
Hasn’t he been playing with him for the majority of his NHL career, how do you figure they don’t have chemistry?

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Hasn’t he been playing with him for the majority of his NHL career, how do you figure they don’t have chemistry?

Eye ball test to me is they have very little. I do not see tic tac, tape to tape passing then a goal between them. Chemistry to me is Bergy and Marshy. Knowing where the guy is and getting open and giving it back, do you see that between them? I think Jake has that more with Coyle.

Jake had a good year last year because they had better RW options then this year. He caught teams as they had no book on him, now they are prepared and nullify his strengths.

Second line has been flat all year, JDB has been checked and Krech is not the same guy he was years ago. He needs more help to drive the line. Jake seems to have one move, try and go wide and take it to the net. Most times it ends up being driven to the corner or behind the net.

The opposite wing is an AHL player and does nothing to help the line. Krech would be better with Palmieri who is an 200 foot player/scorer. Bjork has speed and can protect the puck long enough to feed it to Krech.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Eye ball test to me is they have very little. I do not see tic tac, tape to tape passing then a goal between them. Chemistry to me is Bergy and Marshy. Knowing where the guy is and getting open and giving it back, do you see that between them? I think Jake has that more with Coyle.

Jake had a good year last year because they had better RW options then this year. He caught teams as they had no book on him, now they are prepared and nullify his strengths.

Second line has been flat all year, JDB has been checked and Krech is not the same guy he was years ago. He needs more help to drive the line. Jake seems to have one move, try and go wide and take it to the net. Most times it ends up being driven to the corner or behind the net.

The opposite wing is an AHL player and does nothing to help the line. Krech would be better with Palmieri who is an 200 foot player/scorer. Bjork has speed and can protect the puck long enough to feed it to Krech.
They certainly don’t have Marchand/Bergy chemistry, but there’s not many(if any) line mates in the NHL that do. Would have to see more from Coyle & JDB to gauge their chemistry together.

Who was the better RW option they had last year, wasn’t Backes there for most of the year?

I think it’s more of the second part you mentioned. Jake is very one dimensional, he can’t drive a line on a regular basis. He has his streaks but play him physical and take away the outside, he’ll be pretty quite.

They had chemistry last year, many of his goals were him flying into the zone crashing the net and Krejci hitting him for a backdoor tap-in. So I think the chemistry is there they just aren’t performing individually as they were last year.

Give that line a true 2RW and force teams to worry about both wings and not just Jake, you’ll start seeing some things open up and get some of those tic-tac goals you mentioned.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
He’s young he has excellent hands and shot and high character and coschable

I’m looking at him as a high end second liner

of course I saw the likes of LW
Reggie Leach
Al Secord
Geoff Courtnall

Get traded by Boston when as young as DeBrusk and not as successful and turn into 60, 50, snd 40 goal scorers with 300 + goals in career

to me a DeBrusk will retire well over 300 goals

I thought for awhile now that debrusk reminds me of Geoff courtnall in many ways... im not sure thats a good thing or bad thing

we ended up trading courtnall basically pennies on the dollar... pretty much a throw in with ranford.

courtnall went on to be a rather expensive bang for the buck guy... became a journeyman... bounced around... never did become part of anyones core group... but he was a very consistent producer season in and season out... a legit second line offensive threat you knew would deliver something

even their styles remind me of one another to some extent.

I dont want to see us throw debrusk into some deal during one of his slumps... or after a bad contract negotiation... I am very confident hes going to have a good {not great} career. it might make some sense to trade him now if he is perceived to have higher value. I wouldnt know how hes perceived.

but if he isnt going to fetch back a true elite type player... dont trade him in any lateral type moves. dont deal him for some struggling rw just because we think we need a rw. I always had a bit of regret that courtnall got away and im not eager to repeat that mistake unless we are dead certain we are getting a better player

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
To Boston: Jake Virtanen
To Vancouver: Danton Heinen

To Boston: Josh Anderson
To Columbus: Jakob Zboril

63-37-88
74-46-Virtanen
10-13-Anderson
Fredrick-52-14
***20-18-42

I've been bringing up Virtanen or Sam Bennet as an option for a few years.

Having said that, Heinen is the better player and should bring back a better player than that. Or package Heinen to get an even better player.

We get fleeced on a Virt/Heinen swap regardless of what happens after.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lo97 and bbfan419

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
If I'm trading with the Bruins, I want guys picked between 2017 and 2019. So Vaak, Studnicka, Andersson, Beecher, etc. I want those ELC years, and as far away from UFA age (26-27) as possible.

I'm much less interested in their young players in the 23-25 age range. (excluding Carlo, Pasta, McAvoy, Debrusk).

What, you don't want anyone from the 2015 draft?

Reactions: BruinDust

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I've been bringing up Virtanen or Sam Bennet as an option for a for years.

Having said that, Heinen is the better player and should bring back a better player than that. Or package Heinen to get an even better player.

We get fleeced on a Virt/Heinen swap regardless of what happens after.
Exactly

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I thought for awhile now that debrusk reminds me of Geoff courtnall in many ways... im not sure thats a good thing or bad thing

we ended up trading courtnall basically pennies on the dollar... pretty much a throw in with ranford.

courtnall went on to be a rather expensive bang for the buck guy... became a journeyman... bounced around... never did become part of anyones core group... but he was a very consistent producer season in and season out... a legit second line offensive threat you knew would deliver something

even their styles remind me of one another to some extent.

I dont want to see us throw debrusk into some deal during one of his slumps... or after a bad contract negotiation... I am very confident hes going to have a good {not great} career. it might make some sense to trade him now if he is perceived to have higher value. I wouldnt know how hes perceived.

but if he isnt going to fetch back a true elite type player... dont trade him in any lateral type moves. dont deal him for some struggling rw just because we think we need a rw. I always had a bit of regret that courtnall got away and im not eager to repeat that mistake unless we are dead certain we are getting a better player
Very good analogy and post

I see him as Hoffman but I see Courtnall as well

I’m GM it’s very unlikely I trade him

I see 350+ NHL goals just my take

hockey may be my third sport but it’s like saying George Harrison is the third best Beatles member

Buck Smith

May 23, 2016
Very good analogy and post

I see him as Hoffman but I see Courtnall as well

I’m GM it’s very unlikely I trade him

I see 350+ NHL goals just my take

hockey may be my third sport but it’s like saying George Harrison is the third best Beatles member

Thumbs up for your post DKH, agree with you and love the Beatles reference, but also for crediting 'Alberta-O'Reilly-Fan' for his post (such ambitious posts are what really makes you able to take sides in the discussions).

About DeBrusk, believe they are very hesitant to part with him - he´s not a finished product or a complete player, but he´s a solid building block that is needed in every organization (line and mates is the issue imo). Thing is too... his new contract will be signed with reference to his production - which could make him a steal-resigning if he plays a tad below his level - a key win for the up coming seasons. It must surely be our plethora/surplus of youths that is the main trading stock along with picks and one of our defenders (Moore, Miller, Lauzon and 'God forbid' Gryzz).

Reactions: bbfan419 and DKH

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Is Alex Tuch untouchable? Would a deal including Grzelcyk + 2nd + Senyshyn or Frederic be enough to entice Vegas? Tuch is good but not as great as some make him out to be. His career high in goals is 20.

Also call Columbus and see if they do Anderson for Heinen straight up. Anderson having a horrendous year but I think he'd be a monster playing 3RW in Boston

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Debrusk-Krejci-Tuch
Bjork-Coyle-Anderson

2020 celebrations in June

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Is Alex Tuch untouchable? Would a deal including Grzelcyk + 2nd + Senyshyn or Frederic be enough to entice Vegas? Tuch is good but not as great as some make him out to be. His career high in goals is 20.

Also call Columbus and see if they do Anderson for Heinen straight up. Anderson having a horrendous year but I think he'd be a monster playing 3RW in Boston

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Debrusk-Krejci-Tuch
Bjork-Coyle-Anderson

2020 celebrations in June
Would love that lineup and those deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->