Boston Bruins All Bruins Trade Proposals: Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Here's a short but interesting list of power forwards...

Chris Kreider - UFA in 12 months, Rangers in full rebuild makes me think he's on the block. Local kid would fit in well with all the local guys on the team but he's a pure LW.

Josh Anderson - Probably my top choice. I don't know why CLB would deal him but I'd overpay to make it work.

Jake Virtanen - Fast, physical. 6th overall pick suggests he's got a lot more skill than he's shown so far. I think people look at the draft position and think "disappointment" but power forwards take longer. He's taken steps and it could be a great time to buy low before he pops. Who was the last Vancouver RW we picked up before he really blossomed?

Christian Fischer - Under the radar power forward has good pedigree and like Virtanen, hasn't popped yet so I'd think he'd cost less than a Josh Anderson.

Miles Wood - Fast and powerful but doesn't hit with the frequency of the other guys on this list. Has been up and down offensively. Local kid, like Coyle.

Brandon Tanev - Doesn't have the scoring pedigree of a top6 guy but is a UFA and finished 3rd in the league in hits.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Any line ups with Danton Heinen as our #1 RW is bad.
How this kid flies under the radar because of his advanced stats is still beyond me.
Deal this guy, I dont want him on any line next season. Replace him with some muscle.

Heinen+Zboril for Josh Anderson
Marchand-Bergeron-Anderson
DeBrusk-Krejci-Pastrnak
Ferland-Coyle-Kuhlman
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner

Add Ferland to the 3LW and that team is as physical and skilled as anybody. Could play any style. Hit and push back vs the Blues, Blue Jackets, Sharks etc and be as skilled as Tamps, Toronto, etc

Reactions: Strafer

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Here's a short but interesting list of power forwards...

Chris Kreider - UFA in 12 months, Rangers in full rebuild makes me think he's on the block. Local kid would fit in well with all the local guys on the team but he's a pure LW.

Josh Anderson - Probably my top choice. I don't know why CLB would deal him but I'd overpay to make it work.

Jake Virtanen - Fast, physical. 6th overall pick suggests he's got a lot more skill than he's shown so far. I think people look at the draft position and think "disappointment" but power forwards take longer. He's taken steps and it could be a great time to buy low before he pops. Who was the last Vancouver RW we picked up before he really blossomed?

Christian Fischer - Under the radar power forward has good pedigree and like Virtanen, hasn't popped yet so I'd think he'd cost less than a Josh Anderson.

Miles Wood - Fast and powerful but doesn't hit with the frequency of the other guys on this list. Has been up and down offensively. Local kid, like Coyle.

Brandon Tanev - Doesn't have the scoring pedigree of a top6 guy but is a UFA and finished 3rd in the league in hits.

Fischer is a guy I've always liked. Not sure why Arizona would deal him but then again they tend to make some unconventional deals.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I like Josh Anderson just like everyone else, however he's a playoff ghost and his game to game consistency would be frustrating to watch. As a middle six forward, I think he's a good fit and a needed commodity, but as a top line forward, no thanks.

I like Ferlund and Wood's motors a lot more than Anderson's but neither of those guys are a right shot or play right wing as their natural position.

member 96824

Marchand-Bergeron-Anderson
DeBrusk-Krejci-Pastrnak
Ferland-Coyle-Kuhlman
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner

Add Ferland to the 3LW and that team is as physical and skilled as anybody. Could play any style. Hit and push back vs the Blues, Blue Jackets, Sharks etc and be as skilled as Tamps, Toronto, etc

Just one guy's opinion, but I don't think that lineup is an improvement over what stepped on the ice last week.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Bruins missed the cup by a single win and yet the mythical quest for Cam II continues. One bounce different and the cup is hoisted in Boston this season. I guess if you find a player where a sensible deal can be made, fine, but landing one for the sake of having *that* guy in the lineup and giving up stupid assets or money is a sucky way to run a franchise. I hope Sweeney is smarter than that. Even more, I hope the downward pressure on him is smarter than to think that if the Bruins had Anderson or Ferland they'd have swept St. Louis or something silly like that. All the muscle in the world is meaningless when your top point guys don't play like they should.

Again, fine if the Bruins can get a "power" forward for a reasonable price, but as has been pointed out: Beleskey, Hayes, Backes, Rinaldo. Not a pretty picture.

Reactions: Trizz617 and Estlin

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Bruins missed the cup by a single win and yet the mythical quest for Cam II continues. One bounce different and the cup is hoisted in Boston this season. I guess if you find a player where a sensible deal can be made, fine, but landing one for the sake of having *that* guy in the lineup and giving up stupid assets or money is a sucky way to run a franchise. I hope Sweeney is smarter than that. Even more, I hope the downward pressure on him is smarter than to think that if the Bruins had Anderson or Ferland they'd have swept St. Louis or something silly like that. All the muscle in the world is meaningless when your top point guys don't play like they should.

Again, fine if the Bruins can get a "power" forward for a reasonable price, but as has been pointed out: Beleskey, Hayes, Backes, Rinaldo. Not a pretty picture.

Yea not buying the muscle thing.

Two styles clashed in the SCF, and it came down to a game 7.

A game 7 that the eye test would tell you we shouldve won, but thems the breaks.

A top 6 banger with 20 goal skill would not have had us close out the Blues any earlier.

Its been beaten to death, but the top 6 has/had the skill to do so much more than they did that series.

Couldn't care less about big bad Bruins and their 3 cups in the last 40+ years or whatever it is. I'm for whatever play style gets wins.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Kevan Miller
David Backes (50% Salary retained by us)
2019 NYR 7th round pick

for

Tyler Toffoli

Solid RW for the Krejci line and then sign Ferland for the 3rd line LW

Marchand - Bergeron - Pasta
Debrusk - Krejci - Toffoli
Ferland - Coyle - Heinen
Nordy - Kuraly - Wagner

Chara - McAvoy
Krug - Carlo
Grzelcyk- Clifton
Moore

Also instead of Ferland we could possibly sign Mojo back.

What do we think?

Kusinaata

Jun 14, 2019
Kevan Miller
2019 NYR 7th round pick

for

Tyler Toffoli

Ferland - Coyle - Heinen
Nordy - Kuraly - Wagner

Chara - McAvoy
Krug - Carlo
Grzelcyk- Clifton
Moore

What do we think?
joking right?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Kevan Miller
2019 NYR 7th round pick

for

Tyler Toffoli

Ferland - Coyle - Heinen
Nordy - Kuraly - Wagner

Chara - McAvoy
Krug - Carlo
Grzelcyk- Clifton
Moore

What do we think?

Wait... what are the Kings getting out of this?

I think Gryz for Toffoli might be an interesting base. Maybe add prospects as needed to add Backes to the deal. LA seems like a nice place to retire.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Lots of injured players have been traded. Savard, Clarkson, Horton...
Can someone verify that you can't trade an injured player? I'm pretty sure this is the rule but I could be wrong

You can trade them.

Can't buy a player out that is on LTIR, IF it was because of a pre-existing "hockey related injury".

"Hockey related injury" doesn't have to be on the ice. Any injury that occurred while on a team function is considered hockey related. For example, if David Backes fell off the Great Wall of China and couldn't play, they couldn't buy him out because it was hockey related.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Sweeney would need to have some federally incriminating dirt to make this happen.
Wait... what are the Kings getting out of this?

I think Gryz for Toffoli might be an interesting base. Maybe add prospects as needed to add Backes to the deal. LA seems like a nice place to retire.

Lol am I severely over valuing Miller and what’s left of Backes??

:sarcasm:

Reactions: compan

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
You can trade them.

Can't buy a player out that is on LTIR, IF it was because of a pre-existing "hockey related injury".

"Hockey related injury" doesn't have to be on the ice. Any injury that occurred while on a team function is considered hockey related. For example, if David Backes fell off the Great Wall of China and couldn't play, they couldn't buy him out because it was hockey related.
Thanks Dom!!

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
No. :puppy:

Throw in a higher pick instead of the 7th, for more value. Or maybe throw Cehlarik in there.

I think if the Bruins are going to move Backes and not retain any salary, It's going to cost a 2nd round pick in 2020 (2020 because no one is trading for him before July 1) and the Bruins would be lucky to get a C-Prospect back in return.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Any line ups with Danton Heinen as our #1 RW is bad.
How this kid flies under the radar because of his advanced stats is still beyond me.
Deal this guy, I dont want him on any line next season. Replace him with some muscle.

Heinen+Zboril for Josh Anderson

I like that Heinen sucks but also he’s going to be the centerpiece to acquire Josh Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad