Proposal: All Bruins Trade Proposals IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Some thoughts; We have 1 cup in 46 years.
I love prospects, always have
We have a great 2 year window
We should make moves to improve our two year window
That would mean moving prospects
Let’s go all in. I would be ok with a rebuild in 3 years if I had the memories of another cup.
I’m with DHK 2020 cup
Give the youth to get it done. Our vets are so hungry for another cup. They are pissed at the miss this year
Ya we should go for it,timing and roster all point at going for it
question might be, do the B`s have the prospects to move to "get it done"?

I think right now we aren`t sure, the prospects haven`t played nearly enough pro hockey IMO that an opposing GM would insist on getting to consummate a deal.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Ok well then maybe Senyshen gets the deal done?

Minnesota isn’t going to help give the bruins cap relief for like likes of a JFK, senyshyn or zboril. Especially when that cap relief not only gives the bruins $2m immediately and potentially much more if the bruins buyout victor Rask for only $1.33 per year against the books.

Remember Minnesota would have all the bargaining power in this situation. They don’t need to get rid of Rask.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Minnesota isn’t going to help give the bruins cap relief for like likes of a JFK, senyshyn or zboril. Especially when that cap relief not only gives the bruins $2m immediately and potentially much more if the bruins buyout victor Rask for only $1.33 per year against the books.

Remember Minnesota would have all the bargaining power in this situation. They don’t need to get rid of Rask.

and now that fenton is gone, it'll be easy for guerin to cut rask loose next summer.
he didn't make the terrible trade, so simpler to move on.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site

While the team doesn’t have to “get rid of” Rask, center is a position of strength for the Wild. It just signed Eriksson-Ek to a multi-year contract. It also has Staal and Kunin at that position as well as Nico Sturm. It’s board even lists old friend Ryan Donato at center.

Rask can be shifted to wing, I suppose. But Minnesota can afford to include Victor in a trade without seriously impacting its forward group.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
question might be, do the B`s have the prospects to move to "get it done"?

I think right now we aren`t sure, the prospects haven`t played nearly enough pro hockey IMO that an opposing GM would insist on getting to consummate a deal.
Good question. I would think they do. But will they give up Vak and Stud? For the right guys I would

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
How much actual salary is Backes paid over the next two years? I’m thinking if we retain on him plus prospects we can get the sens to bite.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
How much actual salary is Backes paid over the next two years? I’m thinking if we retain on him plus prospects we can get the sens to bite.
$5 million. $1 million this year. $1 million bonus July 1. $3 million salary next season.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Buyout windows are over for this offseason, no? It would have to be next offseason, so it wouldn't (significantly) help us sign RFAs now.

I’m talking about at the end of the season. If Rask came here I would without a doubt give him a one year trial run

Reactions: wintersej

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015

Sens aren't going to take Backes cheaply just out of the goodness of their heart. They (and all other NHL teams) full well know that the Bruins desperately want to get rid of him so they are going to demand a high price to take him. Marleau is still a useful 3rd line NHLer (37p in 82 games is pretty respectable) and the Leafs had to give a 1st to get rid of him, since everyone knew their cap situation. It's not going to be any easier to move Backes, who is barely a 4th liner at this point.

Reactions: Estlin

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
$5 million. $1 million this year. $1 million bonus July 1. $3 million salary next season.
Or, $7M less than Victor Rask is owed, which explains why Minnesota would balk at taking back run of the mill former 1st rounders as compensation for the Bruins to pay for their mistake.

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
They should be able to get a fair amount back for Coyle around the deadline.

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
Why would they do that
He's a high value player given his position, age, and production, and I believe it'd be beneficial long term for them to start playing guys like Frederic and Studnicka in those minutes. I don't believe DK is going anywhere, and I really don't think they should sign him long-term because the team's core is probably on its last legs; you have to think your picks can fill in where a guy like Coyle plays, at this point. If not, you're done, big time. Just doesn't make sense to re-sign him, to me.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Ofc not, but they should.

People have a lot of time on their hands to create new accounts to post stuff like this. At least explain your asinine opinion. I don't even know why I'm taking the bait but I figured I'd do it before other people do.

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
.... so you're already assuming they're going to be out of a playoff spot this year? Lol
You're purposefully misconstruing what I posted, which seems inflammatory, to me. I rationalized my stance on this page, in this thread, a few posts above yours. I also linked it to another poster, just above your post.

Reactions: Strafer and Estlin

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
If one of Frederick or Studnicka makes Coyle redundant.....thats friggin' great.

Try Charlie in another slot or move him. But with him performing well in the playoffs and being generally happy to be a Bruin from every account I've read/seen so far, I expect Coyle to stick around all year.

If Charlie leaves it will be as a UFA and by his own choice to chase the paycheck, which I am not convinced he will do given how well this "homecoming" has turned out for him.

Reactions: bbfan419 and gumgum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad