Proposal: All Bruins Trade Proposals IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 96824

Only problem is that the Bruins would probably need their First Round pick to land a big fish at the deadline.

Honestly though, there won’t be a lot of big fish at the deadline which doesn’t bode well for prices.

2020 NHL Free Agents Tracker

A lot of these guys I assume will be locked up or in playoff hunts.

The only thing buying teams will have going for them is the draft is said to be deep so picks may hold slightly more value. I would say we may have to get a little more creative in a Coyle or the rumored Schenn like deal if we don’t add in the next couple of months.

Reactions: wintersej

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Can't trade for a big fish if you have no cap space either though, right?

Backes on the roster means no cap space. Backes on LTIR means no banked cap space.
Could you or someone explain the banked cap space to me, or link me to an easy to understand read? I don't quite understand it...

member 96824

Could you or someone explain the banked cap space to me, or link me to an easy to understand read? I don't quite understand it...

Think of cap space as “accumulating” because it is actually calculated daily, not annually. So this is why if the Bruins have say $5M in space, they can add a player with $15M at the deadline. That daily cap is pro-rated to what’s left of said players contract since you’re only paying them for ~40 of the 180 days in a season ($15m not an exact figure just for an example)

LTIR however, is not cap space, it’s a cap overage. It does not accumulate.

Of course, there is much more nuance to it than this, but hoping this helps.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

It has to do with unused cap space and pro-rated contracts at the deadline.

The cap is calculated daily. If a team is under the cap, then the money they don't spend accrues cap space every day. As the season rolls along, those "banked" dollars start to add up.

At the same time, players' contracts are being paid down every day. So at the trade deadline, a player who was making $5m is only owed $1m by the acquiring team. That's where the banked dollars can have a big impact. Long story short, they allow you to add salaries that would have put you way over the cap had they been on your roster at the start of the season.

lucic27

proposal trade
Jul 7, 2014
QUÉBEC CITY
Krejci over eh? Guessing you watched 0 games this season
to forgive me j, have to watch all the 82 game of the twinks Krejci is an exellent player but he wins 7.2 million he is fragile yes last year he was very good but it is time to trade to make room on the payroll

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
The ****ing Krejci hate train continues to roll.
Yeah. Talk about being flummoxed. Felt like was the the best he skated in years. Great regular season with rotating cast or a guy he just doesn’t have natural chemistry with. Playoffs could have been better but he’s fairly paid in this era and we don’t have anything to replace him w and I’m more high on our prospects than many.

Reactions: Lo97

Lo97

May 10, 2019
Ottawa 23,0000 cap space
Vancouver 5,5000 cap space
Boston 8,8000 cap space

First trade : Backes and Senyshen for Drake Batherson ( futur star 6'3 ft right shot ) Backes is mentor Brady Tkacuck Senyshyn ottawa boy town. (Boston save $ 6,000 millions) .

second trade : Krejci and Kuhlam or Frizgerald for J T Miller (Boston save $ 1,850 millions)

Line up 2019 2020 : Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
DeBrusk Coyle Heinen
J T Miller Frederic Ritchie or Studnicka
Nordstrom Kuraly Wagner

Lindholm,Studnicka bjork Batherson steen Carey and more

Boston 8,800+ 7,750 : 16,5500 millions easy for signing Carlo and McAvoy
Vancouver just traded for Miller. They're not turning around and trading him before he even plays a game for them.

Reactions: Strafer

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Really don't think your getting Gusev without taking some cap dump along with him . The Bruins don't have that kind of cap space. Wouldn't bet the farm we're getting Gusev, hope I'm wrong though.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Next summer you will get you’re wish, this summer it’s all about one more run
Regardless of Krejci...
What makes anyone think that's what this summer is about?

Not much has actually happened. Just hoping to catch lightning in a bottle again next season?

Not saying it can't. But I don't think this summer has said much besides stay the course. Youth develop around the remnants of the 2011-2013 core.

member 96824

Regardless of Krejci...
What makes anyone think that's what this summer is about?

Not much has actually happened. Just hoping to catch lightning in a bottle again next season?

Not saying it can't. But I don't think this summer has said much besides stay the course. Youth develop around the remnants of the 2011-2013 core.

Staying the course is 1 fluke game 7 first period away from a Stanley cup.

They could solve money problems and even manage maximize asset value right now by dealing Krejci and/or Krug but instead they are not, they’re saying “we’ll deal with the tear down next summer.” Their chips are in that this group can make another run.

I expect them to add a wing before the summer is over as well

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Honestly though, there won’t be a lot of big fish at the deadline which doesn’t bode well for prices.

2020 NHL Free Agents Tracker

A lot of these guys I assume will be locked up or in playoff hunts.

The only thing buying teams will have going for them is the draft is said to be deep so picks may hold slightly more value. I would say we may have to get a little more creative in a Coyle or the rumored Schenn like deal if we don’t add in the next couple of months.

RNH might be a guy that could test the waters depending on how this season in EDM goes.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Had a dream last night that Donnie acquired Brock Boeser in a trade.

The probability of this happening is very unlikely but I wanted to put it out there in the event it did happen :laugh:

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Staying the course is 1 fluke game 7 first period away from a Stanley cup.

They could solve money problems and even manage maximize asset value right now by dealing Krejci and/or Krug but instead they are not, they’re saying “we’ll deal with the tear down next summer.” Their chips are in that this group can make another run.

I expect them to add a wing before the summer is over as well

What are the chances TB, Wash and Pitt go out RD 1 or
RD2? TB is still top dog in Division and losing MJ will
hurt them. Very unlikely they win more than one round.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Really don't think your getting Gusev without taking some cap dump along with him . The Bruins don't have that kind of cap space. Wouldn't bet the farm we're getting Gusev, hope I'm wrong though.

I'll pass on Reeves and Maxi Pad but give me Gusev AND whatever dump from their forwards. Getting him and Smith/Stasny/Eakin would be great.

They'd be interested in our forward prospects like Bjork and Cehlarik.

And if healthy K Miller and John Moore are what they need to round out the D but IDK who is trading for either given their injury status.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

The probability of this happening is very unlikely but I wanted to put it out there in the event it did happen :laugh:

Boeser would be unreal.

I've thought many a times of different scenarios on how the Bruins could land Boeser, but I've never literally dreamed it, hopefully your a Dream Prophesier and your dream comes true, sooner rather than later, though.:laugh:

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site

Boeser would be unreal.

I've thought many a times of different scenarios on how the Bruins could land Boeser, but I've never literally dreamed it, hopefully your a Dream Prophesier and your dream comes true, sooner rather than later, though.:laugh:
Yea, I’d put that one to sleep.

Reactions: Lo97

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Boeser would be unreal.

Does Vancouver need PMD? Krug for Boeser? There may be picks and lesser pieces one way or the other but?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad