Proposal: All Bruins Trade Proposals IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I've thought about Tuch as well. They're deep with wingers in Vegas, I'd love to see him pried away.

I think Krug is the one that needs to go out though, not Gryz. I love Krug but I don't see how they can add an expensive winger without sending some money out. Even with the dead money coming off the books and a buyout of Backes (that would save $2m) they're still only going to have around $5.5m to spend. Of course that depends on who they keep. If they let Gryz go, they'd have around $8.5 to sign Krug but not bring in a winger, unless that winger makes less than $2m.

CapFriendly.com Armchair-GM User-Generated Roster

FORWARDS (12)
Right wing: David Pastrnak ($6,666,666) - Karson Kuhlman ($1,500,000) - Anders Bjork ($1,000,000) - Chris Wagner ($1,500,000)
Centre: Patrice Bergeron ($6,875,000) - David Krejci ($7,250,000) - Charlie Coyle ($5,500,000) - Sean Kuraly ($1,275,000)
Left wing: Brad Marchand ($6,125,000) - Jake DeBrusk ($5,000,000) - Danton Heinen ($2,800,000) - Anton Blidh ($700,000)

DEFENSE (6)
Right: Charlie McAvoy ($4,900,000) - Brandon Carlo ($2,850,000) - Connor Clifton ($1,000,000)
Left: Matt Grzelcyk ($3,000,000) - Urho Vaakanainen ($894,167) - John Moore ($2,750,000)

GOALTENDER (2)
Tuukka Rask ($7,000,000) - Jaroslav Halák ($1,500,000)

BUYOUTS (1)
David Backes ($4,000,000)

SCRATCHES (2)
Par Lindholm $850,000
Steve Kampfer $800,000

DETAILS
Roster Size: 22
Salary Cap: $81,500,000
Cap Hit: $75,735,833
Cap Space: $5,764,167
I would do Grizz + Senyshen for Tuch, but if we are dealing Krug, then Vegas needs to add to Tuch for that deal IMHO.

Reactions: kdog82

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Either one would be available for Seattle to take during the expansion draft. Tuch is on a 7 year deal at 4.75m cap hit. Gryz is a RFA this summer currently making 1.4m

We would have more control over a Gryz contract that would cost less or at worse equal to Tuch. Both would be temp players as both are prime expansion draft targets.
It’s a legit point — I’ve been focusing on our D, ignoring we have only so much room up top.

I already hate Seattle and they’ve not even played a game — let alone against the B’s

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Big fan of the talent in junior, not so much the person.

If it were up to me though, I'd target Josh Ho-Sang.
That’s a really interesting take. I have to say, if there ever was a room that could bring a player like that into line it might be ours. Bergie and Z would command respect and might even help the kid grow. If not Marshy would make his life a living hell.

I know he’s had some attitude issues. I confess, I haven’t watched enough of him to have a take on whether any of reported holes in his game are fixable or just him being stubborn (i.e fixable in right mix).

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
That’s a really interesting take. I have to say, if there ever was a room that could bring a player like that into line it might be ours. Bergie and Z would command respect and might even help the kid grow. If not Marshy would make his life a living hell.

I know he’s had some attitude issues. I confess, I haven’t watched enough of him to have a take on whether any of reported holes in his game are fixable or just him being stubborn (i.e fixable in right mix).

I've seen a person come into a group and sour the whole relationship dynamic with their bad attitude. So I am very aware of that with hockey players. Biased even. Dislike Evander Kane for that very reason. So I am dead against a Ho-Sang acquisition, go after Puljujarvi if you want to take a chance on a young forward.

However, I do see the opposing viewpoint as well. I also agree with you, if there is a good locker room to bring a troubled player into to turn them around, it would be ours.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I've seen a person come into a group and sour the whole relationship dynamic with their bad attitude. So I am very aware of that with hockey players. Biased even. Dislike Evander Kane for that very reason. So I am dead against a Ho-Sang acquisition, go after Puljujarvi if you want to take a chance on a young forward.

However, I do see the opposing viewpoint as well. I also agree with you, if there is a good locker room to bring a troubled player into to turn them around, it would be ours.
I definitely get your point. He’d be a risk, no doubt.

That said, I confess, I know nothing about him outside of what I’ve read.

One would have to assume that at some point he’s got to realize he’s on the cusp of screwing up an amazing opportunity and does something about it. But what’s the old saying? “there’s now’t queer as folk”.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Curious to hear more thoughts on this, Dom.

He’s actually impressed me with what little I’ve seen from him at the NHL level. But that was a couple of years ago now and reports on his progress as a pro haven’t exactly been glowing.

Just wondering what makes you want to give him a shot.

Scott, I think the tools are there. Excellent skater with near elite level puck skills. Makes very good passes both on the backhand and forehand. His vision is near elite level as well. He has the talent to take over a game. His talent alone should have made him a top 5 pick. And he can play pivot or on the wing.

But he fell in the draft for a reason - reasons that are not always known to fans, although a lot of it is out there.

Set aside the character "flaws" for now. The biggest issue is that he doesn't always put in the effort required. Under Cassidy, that won't cut it. I don't think its as much of a "the Bruins dressing room can fix it" as it is "who would he play with that can bring out the best in him?"

I don't see him as a fit with Krejci/DeBrusk. But flanking Marchand/Bergeron - I can see that having an impact on him. He thinks the game at a high level so that would work with the pair. My hope is that watching the way the two of them work would rub off on Ho-Sang. That gives you the option of moving Pastrnak on Krejci' s right.

As for the bigger issue, the Bruins stay clear of players with character flaws - or once they become present, cut ties with such a player. For that reason alone, I think the Bruins stay clear of him.

I don't know what the right answer is. Like I said, I like the talent, but not the person. I would like to give him a shot. But the question is, what's the cost? You can always cut him loose at the end of the year if it doesn't work out. But is it worth giving up the asset?

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Scott, I think the tools are there. Excellent skater with near elite level puck skills. Makes very good passes both on the backhand and forehand. His vision is near elite level as well. He has the talent to take over a game. His talent alone should have made him a top 5 pick. And he can play pivot or on the wing.

But he fell in the draft for a reason - reasons that are not always known to fans, although a lot of it is out there.

Set aside the character "flaws" for now. The biggest issue is that he doesn't always put in the effort required. Under Cassidy, that won't cut it. I don't think its as much of a "the Bruins dressing room can fix it" as it is "who would he play with that can bring out the best in him?"

I don't see him as a fit with Krejci/DeBrusk. But flanking Marchand/Bergeron - I can see that having an impact on him. He thinks the game at a high level so that would work with the pair. My hope is that watching the way the two of them work would rub off on Ho-Sang. That gives you the option of moving Pastrnak on Krejci' s right.

As for the bigger issue, the Bruins stay clear of players with character flaws - or once they become present, cut ties with such a player. For that reason alone, I think the Bruins stay clear of him.

I don't know what the right answer is. Like I said, I like the talent, but not the person. I would like to give him a shot. But the question is, what's the cost? You can always cut him loose at the end of the year if it doesn't work out. But is it worth giving up the asset?

How about Cehlarik for Ho-Sang?
Both have been waived to minors as RFAs, both have no future in their respective organization, both have fallen down in the depth charts. Change of scenery might unlock both.

Reactions: bbfan419

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I don't know. If I'm the Isles I say no.
I agree. Not sure what their organizational needs are, but I’m sure the Bruins have the requisite currency to get a fair deal done.

The Islanders were willing to lose him for nothing on the wire, but if they are to take a contract back I’m sure they’d want someone with better potential than Cehlarik.

Thank you for the response Dom. I’m usually in favour of these high-skill proposals even if they go a little against-the-grain personality-wise. I’d be willing to propose something that would make many around these parts uncomfortable.

Last edited:

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Proposed by @Saxon Eric in my DMs earlier, would anyone else here trade Vaakanainen and pick(s) for Rickard Rakell?

Yes, but I don't see Anaheim doing this.

Lauzon is NHL ready and Zboril has improved. We have a ton of depth on D.

I just dont get why Anaheim would trade their biggest young forward scorer for a defenseman that is maybe ready to play in the NHL now.
Are they not good on D?

BruinsNetwork

Yes, but I don't see Anaheim doing this.

Lauzon is NHL ready and Zboril has improved. We have a ton of depth on D.

I just dont get why Anaheim would trade their biggest young forward scorer for a defenseman that is maybe ready to play in the NHL now.
Are they not good on D?

Does it make sense for ANA? Not completely, sure, but it was more of just a hypothetical involving everyone’s favorite defense prospect. They have Fowler and Lindholm in the top-four as LHD, with Fowler being 27 and Lindholm, being 25. Rakell is 26, but where does that leave them moving forward? Are they going to be competitive again before those guys turn 30? Doubtful, although they don’t look half bad to start the season.

Might make sense for them to explore their options if Rakell is gonna be on the back-nine of his prime years by the time they’re truly competing for something other than the lottery. Unsure if its possible or if Rakell is even available, but he’s someone I would seriously unload some of the stockpile for.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Does it make sense for ANA? Not completely, sure, but it was more of just a hypothetical involving everyone’s favorite defense prospect. They have Fowler and Lindholm in the top-four as LHD, with Fowler being 27 and Lindholm, being 25. Rakell is 26, but where does that leave them moving forward? Are they going to be competitive again before those guys turn 30? Doubtful, although they don’t look half bad to start the season.

Might make sense for them to explore their options if Rakell is gonna be on the back-nine of his prime years by the time they’re truly competing for something other than the lottery. Unsure if its possible or if Rakell is even available, but he’s someone I would seriously unload some of the stockpile for.

IMO, they need more young skilled forwards with all their vets getting past their prime. I would think Rakell is untouchable.

Reactions: Lo97

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Rakell would be pretty sweet, and he's on a real nice contract.

Unfortunately I think the Ducks would want a Carlo back in return. Like you said their pretty deep on the left-side and to acquire an elite talent like Rakell its going to cost. One guy I also like from the Ducks and he maybe a little more easier to acquire and would look real good on Krejci wing as well is Ondrej Kase.

If the Ducks are going anywhere its going to because of Gibson and with Rakell and Silverberg manning their top two RW spots and Troy Terry knocking on the door, Kase could be had, as the Bruins do have some pretty decent prospects to offer up, in an attempt to help the Ducks now and down the road.

"THE ATHLETIC: In a recent mailbag segment, Eric Stephens said he couldn’t say the Anaheim Ducks have given up seeking a right-shot defenseman after efforts to acquire Justin Faulk fell through."

Last edited:
Reactions: Lo97

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
3 early season trade targets... do any of these guys move the needle?

1/Austin czarnik... buried on the calgary depth chart and forced to be a part time bottom line guy. was obviously with the bruins in the past and might have some favorable relations with Cassidy? more of a passer then a shooter though. how would he combind with debrusk if they were linemates? can add depth at center. making 1.25 mill cap hit and Calgary is very tight with the cap... might be had cheap

2/ Corey Perry... an ufa signing in Dallas. Hasnt played due to injury but dallas is stumbling out of the blocks dead man walking. If benn/seguin are as disinterested as they seem and palvalski is headed towards being a bust signing then dallas might have to seriously consider pulling the plug sooner than later. I dont think perry signed on at a very cap friendly 1.5 mill to play for a non-playoff team. its a bit early for dallas to pull the chute but this situation bears further watching if we needed ourselves a cheap affordable rw option for krejci/debrusk

3/josha ho sang... did I get that name right? the islander wunderkid who has the crappy attitude and recently cleared waivers if I remember correct. why would we trade for him if we werent willing to take him on waivers? maybe we wouldnt... or maybe our need for a rw might increase our appetite to gamble? our dressing room is a lot stronger than the islanders. and ho sang should be realizing his chance at a multi million dollar bank account is rapidly going poof. sadly hes a pass first guy like czarnik.

we got 2 guys on the second line that arent producing as much we wish... both krejci who needs a cycling shooter I think... and then debrusk as well. do these wingers bring out the the best in debrusk?

I wouldnt think any of these 3 would cost a lot in a trade. is there any appetitite here for boston to be pulling the trigger on someone of this ilk or do we first go in house with Ritchie/Bjork/kuhlman and possibly senshyn and hope between these 4 they can nail down the 2 available jobs?

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

1/Austin czarnik... buried on the calgary depth chart and forced to be a part time bottom line guy. was obviously with the bruins in the past and might have some favorable relations with Cassidy? more of a passer then a shooter though. how would he combind with debrusk if they were linemates? can add depth at center. making 1.25 mill cap hit and Calgary is very tight with the cap... might be had cheap

2/ Corey Perry... an ufa signing in Dallas. Hasnt played due to injury but dallas is stumbling out of the blocks dead man walking. If benn/seguin are as disinterested as they seem and palvalski is headed towards being a bust signing then dallas might have to seriously consider pulling the plug sooner than later. I dont think perry signed on at a very cap friendly 1.5 mill to play for a non-playoff team. its a bit early for dallas to pull the chute but this situation bears further watching if we needed ourselves a cheap affordable rw option for krejci/debrusk

3/josha ho sang... did I get that name right? the islander wunderkid who has the crappy attitude and recently cleared waivers if I remember correct. why would we trade for him if we werent willing to take him on waivers? maybe we wouldnt... or maybe our need for a rw might increase our appetite to gamble? our dressing room is a lot stronger than the islanders. and ho sang should be realizing his chance at a multi million dollar bank account is rapidly going poof. sadly hes a pass first guy like czarnik.

we got 2 guys on the second line that arent producing as much we wish... both krejci who needs a cycling shooter I think... and then debrusk as well. do these wingers bring out the the best in debrusk?

I wouldnt think any of these 3 would cost a lot in a trade. is there any appetitite here for boston to be pulling the trigger on someone of this ilk or do we first go in house with Ritchie/Bjork/kuhlman and possibly senshyn and hope between these 4 they can nail down the 2 available jobs?
No.

For me anyways.:)

The Bruins have had too many maybe's no need to bring in anymore from the outside.
I want a legitimate scoring winger!

1)Kase...from the ducks. The kids a player and the Ducks have strength in numbers on their right-side and maybe be willing to move him.

2)Palmiere/Hall..The Devils are looking like a sure shot lottery team and why not offer them up some prospects or picks for a legit shot at winning the cup. One of these two guys won't be there at the end of the season, maybe even both, so why not have one of them on the Bruins

3)Toffoli.. Classic case of a guy who needs a change. Can still bury the biscuit, he has a nice release and knows how to play defense as well, and won't be nearly as expensive as the above mention.

Last edited:

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

No thanks to all of them. Need to find a new Mojo.

Reactions: bbfan419

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
If Sweeney could find a way to get rid of Backes via trade or any other way, Taylor Hall would be the main target.

Grzelcyk + Kuhlman + Lauko + 1st + Backes (slide him in the trade)
for
Hall (only if a contract extension is in place) 7 x 8.25

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Hall-Krejci-Bjork
Debrusk-Coyle-Heinen
4th line

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Why on earth is Anaheim doing this? Rakell is
an established NHL 1st line talent. Vaak has yet
to prove he is NHL talent. Its more like
Lauzon and DeBrusk than Vaak/picks.

That's close to what it will probably take, but the Ducks are looking for a right-side d-man right now, and I'd throw Clifton at them along with Jake. If they wouldn't budge on Rakell, id set my sights on Kase. He'd be cheaper and oozes talent and big -time potential.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Trading Debrusk for Rakell is silly.

Not really.

The Bruins can slot Bjork in on the second line LW. Rakell also can play Center in a pinch he's an elite talent. You have to give to get. I would do it, would I want to give up prospects and picks instead? Sure would but I don't see the Ducks willing to do so.

Rakell is a world class player DeBrusk isn't there.

Reactions: Estlin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad