Proposal: All Bruins Trade Proposals IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
Turns out he's not, must have been a negotiation ploy. Signed today for 6.75M over 3 years.
Zacha signs three-year, $6.75 million contract with Devils
It's a good deal if he can be half the player they'd like him to be, but I've never seen anything much from him once any pressure is put on him, or he gets hit in a way he doesn't care for. I watched him when he was briefly with Binghamton and he reminds me a lot of Joe Colborne in his habits and favorite areas to linger in.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
It's a good deal if he can be half the player they'd like him to be, but I've never seen anything much from him once any pressure is put on him, or he gets hit in a way he doesn't care for. I watched him when he was briefly with Binghamton and he reminds me a lot of Joe Colborne in his habits and favorite areas to linger in.

Ya , nice size center but doesn't play big. Not quite a bust but disappointing for a 6th OV. Lots of really good players chosen after him that are way ahead of him in their development. Time will tell.

Reactions: gumgum

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I think we go into the year with :
Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Debrusk-Krejci-Bjork
Heinen-Coyle-Ritchie
Celharik-Kuraly-Wagner
Nordstrom/Backes

Studnicka, Frederic, Senyshyn, Kuhlman are first call ups

1. Can Bjork stay healthy and put up 40 points alongside David Krejci?
2. We need the 3rd line to be as good/better than the playoffs last year. Can Ritchie step up and finally produce like junior or is he a 4th liner/13th forward?
3. Heinen needs to earn that money we paid him this off season. Yes, his stats with Bergy/Marshy were great but prior to that, he was a non factor. Looking for a 40 point season from him as well.
4. Is this the year that Celharik earns his spot and sticks? I like the idea of putting him on the 4th line and making him work to get higher. I imagine other posters will argue he needs to be on a scoring line to be effective which is a valid point. Guess we'll see.
5. If by Thanksgiving, Bjork/Heinen/Ritchie are non-factors, I think Dealin Don needs to address the top 6.

But he won't. NOT his modus operandi.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I will throw out a trade idea... I dont really see backes being dealt and I think we probably did need to clear a bit of cap space to fit the team this year... AND this deal is BASED ON NEXT YEAR'S CAP MANAGEMENT so its going to be a torey krug deal {sorry to his fans}

following in the tradition of boychuk/lucic this team makes a pro-active move to maximize value. the deal is going to be with Detroit because krug is the hometown boy... they seem to need a mobile dman... they got the cap room.

here goes

Torey Krug
Jacob Zboril
and Andres Bjork
for
Mike Green {1/2 retained}
and Andreas Athanasiou {1/2 retained}

this move fills 2 roster holes for us at 4.2 mill

im a huge fan of Athanasiou who scored 30 goals last year... will be tough to resign but its possible

green does give us the PP qb that would be required for this year's cup run... our d is deep enough we can rest him and keep him healthy I think.

looking ahead to next year... if we deal off krejci I think we would have room to resign coyle and athanasiou to join Bergeron/marchand/pastrnak/debrusk... thats a pretty solid top 6 with kids like studnicka/Heinen/maybe senyshyn or federic or one of the others to round out a top 9... that looks good to me.

and the d can handle the loss of krug since hes too expensive to keep... McAvoy/carlo/Clifton is a right side im willing to go to war with... grezlyck/vaakanainen or lauzon {chara for now}/ and moore is a left side that we can be happy with too

trade miller when he gets healthy and our cap issue is in good shape for this year without forcing our hand to do anything drastic with backes.

krug really grew on me a lot this last playoff run... will hate to see him go, but if we cant afford him then we cant afford him. im making this proposal 100% on the assumption we cant afford him.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Boston Bruins: Could the Winnipeg Jets be a willing trade partner?

Winnipeg does seem like a perfect trade partner for the Bruins. There may not be a better fit to deal from a position of strength to a team who has some valuable assets they could send back to Boston.

While the Jets are thin on the backend, the Bruins are quite deep. In fact, when everybody’s healthy, the Bruins have too many NHL defensemen on the roster.

With Byfuglien out and Morrisey injured, the Jets’ defense is nothing short of a mess at the start of the season. This isn’t good news for a team with Stanley Cup aspirations.
According to Mike McIntrye of the Winnipeg Free Press, the Jets may need to consider outside help to solidly the defense. A trade seems like the only way for the Jets to bring in an impact defender who can help the team win right now.

The Bruins started all three games this year with the same six defensemen: Zdeno Chara, Charlie McAvoy, Torey Krug, Brandon Carlo, Matt Grzelcyk, and Connor Clifton. Things will change once John Moore or Kevan Miller come back from injury. The Bruins will need an extra roster spot to activate either Moore or Miller.

Then there’s Boston’s group of prospects. Even with Chara’s retirement on the horizon, the Bruins organizational depth chart is loaded with left-shot defensemen. Jeremy Lauzon looks ready to play right in the NHL now, and Urho Vaakanainen isn’t far behind. Both players are currently in Providence. Jakub Zboril is there, too. The Bruins could entice Winnipeg with one of these young defensemen. Or, they could trade a veteran like Moore and replace him with Lauzon.

One player who may be of particular interest to Winnipeg is Torey Krug.
Boston obviously prefers to sign Krug to an extension. But, if Krug’s contract demands prove to be too high, don’t the Bruins have to consider a trade? They can’t afford to lose Krug this offseason for nothing.

The Jets need an injection of playoff experience and character. They need somebody who’s played and excelled in big games. And, of course, they need some help on defense. Doesn’t this sound like Krug?
Again, the Bruins want to resign Krug. GM Don Sweeney said as much before the season started. However, if Winnipeg inquires, the Bruins have to listen.

Reactions: bbfan419

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Winnipeg does seem like a perfect trade partner for the Bruins. There may not be a better fit to deal from a position of strength to a team who has some valuable assets they could send back to Boston.

While the Jets are thin on the backend, the Bruins are quite deep. In fact, when everybody’s healthy, the Bruins have too many NHL defensemen on the roster.

With Byfuglien out and Morrisey injured, the Jets’ defense is nothing short of a mess at the start of the season. This isn’t good news for a team with Stanley Cup aspirations.
According to Mike McIntrye of the Winnipeg Free Press, the Jets may need to consider outside help to solidly the defense. A trade seems like the only way for the Jets to bring in an impact defender who can help the team win right now.

The Bruins started all three games this year with the same six defensemen: Zdeno Chara, Charlie McAvoy, Torey Krug, Brandon Carlo, Matt Grzelcyk, and Connor Clifton. Things will change once John Moore or Kevan Miller come back from injury. The Bruins will need an extra roster spot to activate either Moore or Miller.

Then there’s Boston’s group of prospects. Even with Chara’s retirement on the horizon, the Bruins organizational depth chart is loaded with left-shot defensemen. Jeremy Lauzon looks ready to play right in the NHL now, and Urho Vaakanainen isn’t far behind. Both players are currently in Providence. Jakub Zboril is there, too. The Bruins could entice Winnipeg with one of these young defensemen. Or, they could trade a veteran like Moore and replace him with Lauzon.

Boston obviously prefers to sign Krug to an extension. But, if Krug’s contract demands prove to be too high, don’t the Bruins have to consider a trade? They can’t afford to lose Krug this offseason for nothing.

The Jets need an injection of playoff experience and character. They need somebody who’s played and excelled in big games. And, of course, they need some help on defense. Doesn’t this sound like Krug?
Again, the Bruins want to resign Krug. GM Don Sweeney said as much before the season started. However, if Winnipeg inquires, the Bruins have to listen.

Writer suggests Nikolaj Ehlers as a player. Not overly interested. The guy seems to disappear in the playoffs. 21GP and 7 assists. He hasn't scored a playoff goal yet.

Reactions: bbfan419

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011

Krug is signing here on a team friendly deal. I firmly believe that

Bs aren't going to upgrade at the wing till closer to the deadline in hopes that, man this sounds like a broken record, they find their solution internally before then.

I will say the expansion draft does come into play- Especially with this d group and the eligibles/ineligibles that need to be considered.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Writer suggests Nikolaj Ehlers as a player. Not overly interested. The guy seems to disappear in the playoffs. 21GP and 7 assists. He hasn't scored a playoff goal yet.

The local writers have been trying to run Ehlers out of town for that very reason but I think Cheveldayoff is smarter than that. There's a reason he hasn't been moved yet. Ehlers is a player. The only problem with him is that he's a lefty and the Bruins desperately need a top six right-handed player.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Averaging 25 goals over the past three seasons, Ehlers certainly fills the resume Bruins should be seeking for Krejci.

His 6m hit, though, is an obstacle which would require some imagination on Sweeney’s part. Grelczyk and Miller’s contracts would only account for part of that deficit.

Reactions: Lo97

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Yes please to Laine or Ehlers.

I think Gryz Miller and a prospect gets it done.

Miller hasn`t played in a lifetime and while I like Grizz, he isn`t what the Jets would ask for, at least not for either of the two Jets mentioned here

Rather Ehlers if only because I see Laine being a guy who, when things aren`t going his way, tends to whine or sulk

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Krug is signing here on a team friendly deal. I firmly believe that

Bs aren't going to upgrade at the wing till closer to the deadline in hopes that, man this sounds like a broken record, they find their solution internally before then.

I will say the expansion draft does come into play- Especially with this d group and the eligibles/ineligibles that need to be considered.

:laugh: So true, but eventually Sweeney needs to do something with the likes of Lauzon and Vaak, they both could be playing in the NHL today and Zboril to a lesser extent.

When Miller and Moore are healthy and ready to play and you have two, maybe three, NHL ready defenseman down in Providence and your still looking for some secondary scoring, something has to give, and if the right trading partner becomes available before the deadline and Winnipeg looks like they could be that team right now. Its a lot easier to make a deal when another team needs help than it is when your hand is forced.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I would send one of Miller or Moore to the Jets maybe with a small add like the rights to Koko or JFK for say 3rd and 5th round picks.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Do the Bruins foresee a Grzelcyk - McAvoy 1st-pairing longterm? I'm not too sold on Grzelcyk playing top minutes, but that could allow the Bruins to trade someone like Vaakanainen for an impact forward.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Do the Bruins foresee a Grzelcyk - McAvoy 1st-pairing longterm? I'm not too sold on Grzelcyk playing top minutes, but that could allow the Bruins to trade someone like Vaakanainen for an impact forward.

with you there, vs 3/4th lines I have no issues with Grizz, love the kids heart but I want him nowhere near the top 6 of opponents shift in and out

Reactions: Absurdity
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->