Proposal: All Bruins Trade Proposals IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

Now that Minnesota has signed Eriksson this seems like it could be a possibility.

Backes and a 2nd for Rask.

Create $2m in cap space. See if Rask can bounce back. If not his buyout costs $1.33m against the cap going forward.

bruins cant afford either rask or backes but theres a pretty decent chance backes is about to end up on LTIR... once backes is available for a trade he will be owed way less real money than rask. whoever we deal him to will be a team that doesnt give a damn about caphit and is only concerned about real money.

if backes is going to remain on ltir to finish his career then hes much much much much easier to trade than rask.

theres no chance we are taking back a 4 mill cap hit in any trades. we will probably trade miller/moore once they get healthy enough to come off the ltir. we are overloaded at defense now and thats a good thing. once those guys are traded we would be able to keep backes and deal him at our convience

one concern that a lot of people havent mentioned yet is chara has a huge bonus this year. it will be penalized against next year's cap if we keep too many guys on ltir this year and max our cap

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
You're purposefully misconstruing what I posted, which seems inflammatory, to me. I rationalized my stance on this page, in this thread, a few posts above yours. I also linked it to another poster, just above your post.

No I'm not. I'm reading that you're saying they should trade Coyle. The only way that happens is if they're out of it (selling).

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
So Maroon signed for $900 k with Tampa for one year. Wonder if the Bruins made a run at him.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Still can't understand why Sweeney hasn't tried to get Puljujarvi. Maybe he has, who knows. Bruins have a massive gaping hole at 2RW. Puljujarvi may or may not be the answer but you'd think it would be worth a try?

Reactions: jangerhofer

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Still can't understand why Sweeney hasn't tried to get Puljujarvi. Maybe he has, who knows. Bruins have a massive gaping hole at 2RW. Puljujarvi may or may not be the answer but you'd think it would be worth a try?

I'm thinking Sweeney is more inclined to give our own projects a try over trading for one of Edmonton's projects. Not sure he is in the business of giving up assets for a question mark player too. Or at least likely not what Edmonton is asking for.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

The rumored cost for Poolparty is a mid roster player and a 1st rounder or prime prospect.

No GM wants to gamble at that price. Edmonton did not learn from when they tried to shop Yakupov and are overvaluing their player again. He'll play overseas or get moved just before the season starts for a pittance. I am willing to bet money Sweeney has at least called and fielded an offer, but he has bigger problems to deal with right now.

Reactions: bbfan419 and kdog82

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I'm thinking Sweeney is more inclined to give our own projects a try over trading for one of Edmonton's projects. Not sure he is in the business of giving up assets for a question mark player too. Or at least likely not what Edmonton is asking for.

I think Puljujarvi is and will be better than the options in the Bruins system: Senyshyn, Kuhlman, Bjork, Cehlarik.

Just my opinion

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
The rumored cost for Poolparty is a mid roster player and a 1st rounder or prime prospect.

No GM wants to gamble at that price. Edmonton did not learn from when they tried to shop Yakupov and are overvaluing their player again. He'll play overseas or get moved just before the season starts for a pittance. I am willing to bet money Sweeney has at least called and fielded an offer, but he has bigger problems to deal with right now.

No chance Edmonton gets a return like that. They put that out there as a starting point but as you mentioned, they will probably get a lot less than that.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

The latter part of the bolded is why the former part doesn't make any sense and seems like whining to whine. We have no idea if he's tried or not. Maybe he hasn't because he doesn't see a player worth giving up anything for? Maybe he has and Edmonton wants the moon for a player who's not worth giving up a lot for? Like you said, who knows....

I can understand why he hasn't tried to get JP. While Puljujarvi would address a need of young RH-RW who has NHL potential, all he is at this point is that; potential. Bruins have players already like that. To start, they have an NHL proven player in Heinen who could move up into the lineup and fill the Top 6 RW spot (albeit he's a LHS). They have Anders Bjork who has all the talent/potential in the world. Health is what's holding him back at this time. If he's healthy, he has a great shot to make the team and be a contributor. Zach Senyshyn is at a point where he could deserve a look if he impresses in camp.

You're not going to get Puljujarvi for free. I wouldn't want Boston overpaying for a player who could easily bust. Also, isn't JP an RFA? That'd be another contract Boston has to deal with.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
The latter part of the bolded is why the former part doesn't make any sense and seems like whining to whine. We have no idea if he's tried or not. Maybe he hasn't because he doesn't see a player worth giving up anything for? Maybe he has and Edmonton wants the moon for a player who's not worth giving up a lot for? Like you said, who knows....

I can understand why he hasn't tried to get JP. While Puljujarvi would address a need of young RH-RW who has NHL potential, all he is at this point is that; potential. Bruins have players already like that. To start, they have an NHL proven player in Heinen who could move up into the lineup and fill the Top 6 RW spot (albeit he's a LHS). They have Anders Bjork who has all the talent/potential in the world. Health is what's holding him back at this time. If he's healthy, he has a great shot to make the team and be a contributor. Zach Senyshyn is at a point where he could deserve a look if he impresses in camp.

You're not going to get Puljujarvi for free. I wouldn't want Boston overpaying for a player who could easily bust. Also, isn't JP an RFA? That'd be another contract Boston has to deal with.

You think the guys you mentioned have more potential/talent than Puljujarvi?

Signing him after the trade wouldn't be difficult.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

To me it's more about allowing the assets that you already own have a chance to plug the holes before you risk giving up something for JP, who is no slam dunk either at this point.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

I think you could make an argument that Anders Bjork has just as much talent/potential as Puljujarvi. At this point, what is JP? He's a bust. He's played 137 NHL games and hasn't done anything close to what he should be doing. Why give up a premium for that?

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Is giving Poolparty a geniuine top 6 shot in the NHL worth the acquiring cost + cap space + not giving one of our cheaper and already owned prospects a deserved shot?

A lot of things to weigh there for any GM. I think its an easy choice for most to say no though because the asking for his rights is probably way too high. Much easier decision then.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Until I hear that a dozen GM`s are pining for the services of Puljujarvi then I won`t get on DS for not doing so. The NHL is a tight circle, there are literally no secrets and if I see a kid who floats, looks lost and who appears to sound like he expects a top 6 role without earning it from the comfort of my couch, my guess is the 30 GM`s who don`t own his rights have seen and heard the same

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
I would take any 3 of those guys over JP. If JP was a 3rd round pick then no one would give a crap about him.
I remember thinking there must have been something severely wrong with him for a guy with all the connections in hockey in that country imaginable to pass on him in favor of a guy some people felt only had middle-6 upside. He's dumb as a rock on and off the ice. I bet he comes back eventually with a team like the Coyotes and pops in 20 a few times, though. Would be funny if he ended up signing with CBJ after all, actually.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I think we go into the year with :
Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Debrusk-Krejci-Bjork
Heinen-Coyle-Ritchie
Celharik-Kuraly-Wagner
Nordstrom/Backes

Studnicka, Frederic, Senyshyn, Kuhlman are first call ups

1. Can Bjork stay healthy and put up 40 points alongside David Krejci?
2. We need the 3rd line to be as good/better than the playoffs last year. Can Ritchie step up and finally produce like junior or is he a 4th liner/13th forward?
3. Heinen needs to earn that money we paid him this off season. Yes, his stats with Bergy/Marshy were great but prior to that, he was a non factor. Looking for a 40 point season from him as well.
4. Is this the year that Celharik earns his spot and sticks? I like the idea of putting him on the 4th line and making him work to get higher. I imagine other posters will argue he needs to be on a scoring line to be effective which is a valid point. Guess we'll see.
5. If by Thanksgiving, Bjork/Heinen/Ritchie are non-factors, I think Dealin Don needs to address the top 6.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I think now we know that Backes isn't going to go on LTIR quietly we really need to try and make a move for Victor Rask.

You can buy him out right away even. Or wait a year. Next year the 2 mil savings are big. Could do well in the 3C spot and bump up Coyle. Hes not a great player but hes an NHL player and if his cap hit was 1 mil lower wouldn't be that overpaid at all. Backes is a AHL/1 mil guy making 6.

I can't imagine Backes would not have Minny on his list of acceptable destinations.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
I think now we know that Backes isn't going to go on LTIR quietly we really need to try and make a move for Victor Rask.

You can buy him out right away even. Or wait a year. Next year the 2 mil savings are big. Could do well in the 3C spot and bump up Coyle. Hes not a great player but hes an NHL player and if his cap hit was 1 mil lower wouldn't be that overpaid at all. Backes is a AHL/1 mil guy making 6.

I can't imagine Backes would not have Minny on his list of acceptable destinations.
You can’t buy him out right away.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
You can’t buy him out right away.

Well its too late to use the excess cap room.

Backes is still pretty buyout proof next summer so you can do it then.

Hes a better player at this stage.

Makes sense for us. Also isn't the worst center depth considering we might be letting Coyle and then DK walk with the kids not ready Rask covers you on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->