Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
I do not mind giving up Bjork now that we got Kase and Lauko in the weeds. So the Palmieri deal and a 2nd would be a good one for Boston. We can flip Moore now for an extra 2nd.

Zboril is easily replaced by Lauzon on the depth chart right now. If they pick up a college kid like oh look a left deeman and with size - Nicky Wolff, well then it is okay. They also have Carter Zech in Providence playing well.

Nicky Wolff Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

That may all be true, but the problem is really that Palmieri is not that good. There is a reason why he can be had for that proposed package, but it's not worth it.

I think I'd take Saad over Palmieri. Same package, CHI retains 25-50%. Additional deal: Moore and Heinen for J Anderson.

Top 9
Marchand-Bergy-Pasta
JdB-Krejci-Saad
Kase-Coyle-Anderson

Reactions: Strafer

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Am I the only one underwhelmed with palmieri? 25 ES points for the year, he probably won’t slot into PP1 on bruins, doesn’t that lower his value?

There are probably better fits for palms than the bruins from an on ice standpoint, but it's not bad with the bruins.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Yah

DeBrusk-Krejci-Bjork

not to shabby but I get it Palmeiri works

I’m the same - I keep Bjork and include Heinen, who could use a new start - and add something else even if 1 next year

Bjork playing great with Coyle

That's probably my biggest issue with moving Bjork, aside from the fact that I don't think Bjork has scratched the surface. I get why he's more appealing then Heinen, but I do everything possible to add without losing anything off the current top 9 roster with the exception being Heinen and to a lesser extent Kuhlman. The 3rd line is already a massive mismatch and its not JUST Coyle.. it's the Bjork-Coyle combo. Add to that, don't complete change the chemistry of your 2nd and 3rd lines.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Dear Sweeney, please don’t trade away Anders Bjork. Palmieri while a great player is not worth selling early on a very dynamic young forward who hasn’t even come close to hitting his stride.
Would rather stand pat than make that trade.

So...two - three years from now, when Bjork "might" be as good as Palmieri is today-- but the core is retired or aged out --- do you think Bjork will be significant enough to help Pasta, McAvoy and Carlo be a cup worthy core?

I don't.

I do this deal 100/100.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
It never ends with you.....
Not true if this deal had been for Nick Ritchie or a similar player I would be thrilled, if Heinen had been involved I would be thrilled. All I'm asking for is some size and grit that is tough and tough to play against. If Manson had been included in the deal or Gudbranson I would be happy. The idea of getting smaller and softer isn't my idea of how to succeed in the playoffs.

You would think a genius like Sweeney would have seen that after last year.

Reactions: GoBs and capecodder

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I think Donny is done

Maybe Craig Smith for cheap

Lose hope to trade for Kreider or Palmeri once the 1st is off the table

Problem with Kase is that he is frequently injured. Man of glass?

Feels like a big motivation for this move was for Donny to cover up a poop move (Backes)

And not waste money. Jacobs are not big spenders

This trade only works if Kase is healthy and productive, especially for the playoffs

Why would you pay to get rid of Backes just to stay at this?

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Not true if this deal had been for Nick Ritchie or a similar player I would be thrilled, if Heinen had been involved I would be thrilled. All I'm asking for is some size and grit that is tough and tough to play against. If Manson had been included in the deal or Gudbranson I would be happy. The idea of getting smaller and softer isn't my idea of how to succeed in the playoffs.

Sweeney and Cassidy think highly of Heinen's defensive capabilities. I'd prefer that over some size and grit that can't play. And I don't want another Ritchie on this team lol

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Sweeney and Cassidy think highly of Heinen's defensive capabilities. I'd prefer that over some size and grit that can't play. And I don't want another Ritchie on this team lol
OK the Ritchie thing is valid. Make it Manson. Lauzon and Manson would be a fun pair on D.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
No no, John Moore alluded to the Boston press that Hall is a locker room problem. You can guess he sat down with Sweeney and Neely and gave them the juicy stories.
Its not that Moore himself has a problem with Hall, its that he has a lot of negative from player who played with him

Its not just Moore, where ever Hall goes talk seems to follow him. Where there is smoke....

Even if none of it is true, the fact that Moore, a player who played a few years with Hall, could sit down and give Sweeney the inside scoop on a player that was on his list is a good thing.

Notice how there were NO legit rumors of Boston going after Hall. Just speculation. I think that say's volumes.
Ference probably had a word or two as well - he's said plenty indirectly about that group in Edmonton pre- McDavid

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

I hear you...but I'm holding out hope that there's another deal or two to come. Palmieri or Kreider (doubtful) in and one of Bjork/Heinen out adds to their physicality.

After that I'd like to see a smaller move to address size/toughness on line 4.

Reactions: capecodder

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
To all the people who constantly want Heinen gone, has it ever occurred to you that these are the same reasons he isn’t that appealing of a trade chip to another team?

If you don’t want him, what makes you think someone else does? It’s not like you’re going to pull a fast one on another team with professional scouts and front offices.

You have to give to get in this league. I don’t necessarily want to lose Bjork either (based on Don’s post), but if he’s standing in the way of the Bruins getting Palmieri, pull the trigger.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I hear you...but I'm holding out hope that there's another deal or two to come. Palmieri or Kreider (doubtful) in and one of Bjork/Heinen out adds to their physicality.

After that I'd like to see a smaller move to address size/toughness on line 4.

By smaller move are you hoping for a trade or would you be happy with calling up Frederic

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Dear Sweeney, please don’t trade away Anders Bjork. Palmieri while a great player is not worth selling early on a very dynamic young forward who hasn’t even come close to hitting his stride.
Would rather stand pat than make that trade.

Why on earth is there such a massive support for Bjork?

Out,
Backes, 1st, 2nd, Bjork, Zboril

In,
Palmieri, Kase, shot at re-signing Krug
= dream deadline.

Keeps all the best prospects and gives you

Marchand--Bergeron--Pasta
Debrus-Krecji- Palmieri
Heinen--Coyle- Kase
Top9, Yes please.

Depending on Krug you can look at trading Grzelcyk for assets this summer to replace Bjork potential.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Am I the only one underwhelmed with palmieri? 25 ES points for the year, he probably won’t slot into PP1 on bruins, doesn’t that lower his value?

Palmieri is definitely a bit overrated. Among forwards this year, he's 104th in even-strength goals per 60 minutes, and 129th in even-strength points per 60 minutes, so he relies on the powerplay for much of his production. Still, he'd be a good add depending on the price. His value is that he'd signed for next year at a decent cap hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad