LW Kreider

To New York:

2020 1st
RW Heinen
LHD Zboril

To Boston:

RW Kovalchuk

To Montreal:

2020 Conditional 3rd (becomes 2021 2nd if Boston advances to SCF)

To Boston:

C Thornton

To San Jose:

RW Backes
2020 2nd
C Beecher

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak (Perfection Line)
Kreider - Krejci - Kovalchuk (Special K Line)
DeBrusk - Coyle - Bjork (CBD/Chill Line)
Kuraly - Thornton - Wagner

Cap works. Prices work. Prospects and picks out with Heinen.
While I don’t think the values you have here are far off, I just don’t think the Bruins are in a position to be moving and center prospects from their already bleak pool. I’m not attached to Beecher for example, but organizationally there isn’t a great outlook there.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I don't mind trade # 1 but I don't like trade # 2 and absolutely hate trade # 3. Sweeney would be a fool to trade Beecher just to add Thornton and to get rid of Backes's contract. :thumbd:

If one of the centres goes down this team is in trouble. It would be returning the favour for taking on Backes next year. This is an 'all-in' scenario that allows them to sign Kreider as well after this season then let the prospects fight for Kovalchuk and Thornton's spot in the fall.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
While I don’t think the values you have here are far off, I just don’t think the Bruins are in a position to be moving and center prospects from their already bleak pool. I’m not attached to Beecher for example, but organizationally there isn’t a great outlook there.

Again, I agree about the pool but the aging core trumps that for me. By the time Beecher is ready for the NHL Krejci and company are on the west coast decline (look at Getzlaf/Perry, Carter/Brown, Thornton/Marleau for example).

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Zboril has almost no value. You would need to replace him with a player the Rangers actually want like Vak or Stud or Beecher and probably have to add another draft pick.

I don't think it's going to be that high to get Kreider personally and I'll do a gentleman's wager on it with you.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Blues shut down our first line and every other line didn’t have enough firepower to cause the Blues any concern. We need more talent.

The Bruins scored more goals in the series.

But the 4th line was a big letdown after Game 1. They were out there for the winner in Game 5 and the first goal in Game 7. Both times they got hemmed into their own zone.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Okay, I'm bored and I'll try based on rumours and prices:

To Boston:

LW Kreider

To New York:

2020 1st
RW Heinen
LHD Zboril

To Boston:

RW Kovalchuk

To Montreal:

To Boston:

C Thornton

To San Jose:

RW Backes
2020 2nd
C Beecher

I'm not dumping Beecher in a deal just to get rid of Backes.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Sure.

My guess is

Heinen
Boston 2020 1st round pick
Vaakanainen
Boston 2021 3rd round pick

I think anything less than that gets beaten quite easily by Colorado or anothet teams offer.

Okay, I'll counter with simply less than that. I'd say one piece less than that. Deal? I don't see Vaakanainen and a 1st going to New York with Heinen.

Reactions: bbfan419

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Okay, I'm bored and I'll try based on rumours and prices:

To Boston:

LW Kreider

To New York:

2020 1st
RW Heinen
LHD Zboril

To Boston:

RW Kovalchuk

To Montreal:

To Boston:

C Thornton

To San Jose:

RW Backes
2020 2nd
C Beecher

Just see no reason to make that SJ deal. Everything else works.

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
The Bruins scored more goals in the series.

But the 4th line was a big letdown after Game 1. They were out there for the winner in Game 5 and the first goal in Game 7. Both times they got hemmed into their own zone.
Noone can blame the 4th line for that game 5 goal. That was one of the worst non calls in NHL history. Acciari gets slewfoot right in front of the ref and no call. That ref should have been banned for life after that. Literally ruined the Stanley Cup finals.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Also, if half of the Bruins fans on this board like the trade and the other half hate it, that usually means the value is close for the opposing teams as well.

Disagree 100%.

With all due respect to everyone, fans are not the best qualified to judge a trade. It's worse then going to another teams board and asking "who do you want for player X?" Because 99.9% of the time, it'll be different from what the team actually acquires.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I'd do it without blinking

I guess it depends on who the player/prospect is. I don't think you should have to pay a 1st and Bjork/Heinen for 20 games + playoffs of Kreider. That's not even looking at Bjork/Heinen as great players, I just don't think that kind of rental should return a 1st and a 3rd liner who's still got control left. It's more of a philosophical belief about rentals than anything else.

I'm also not that high on Kreider. I just think he's more flash than substance. Looks great at times, but then disappears.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I could start spamming the shit outta these threads with useless speculation or absurd commentary. Would that help?

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Disagree 100%.

With all due respect to everyone, fans are not the best qualified to judge a trade. It's worse then going to another teams board and asking "who do you want for player X?" Because 99.9% of the time, it'll be different from what the team actually acquires.

I usually post here then after a split on trades go to the opposition board for their thoughts and discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->