Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Dom, any sense of how they make the cap work? Is Backes being included in most of these discussions to make the cap work, or are we looking at guys with more value like Heinen & Moore?

Nope. Don't even think about it anymore. I trust Evan Gold knows what he's doing and probably has an idea or two I never thought of.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
If they were gonna lose out on Kreider, Palmieri and Saad I'd hope to see their fallbacks be names like Grandlund, Craig Smith, Rakell, Silfverberg, etc.

but who knows, maybe Nashville's not selling and Anaheim's not selling those guys.

i would guess the preds are not sellers anymore. west is wide open and they have lots of
games in hand. granlund has also been great under john hynes. if ducks trade any of
those big names, would probably be at the draft (but i don't see them moving silfverberg,
he's been their best player this year and is a great mentor for their young guys). kase i
see being traded.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Palmeiri always makes to much sense for a 2 year run~ 2020-2022

his contract runs with Krejci, Rask, Kuraly and expansion

Kreider makes sense long term if the deal is to sign an extension and post expansion 2022-

In short time your second line is

Kreider- Coyle -Bjork

your third line based around

DeBrusk-Studnicka

that’s pretty good

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

Kreider makes sense long term if the deal is to sign an extension and post expansion 2022-

Kreider- Coyle -Bjork

DeBrusk-Studnicka

that’s pretty good

is it sunday yet? if i recall correctly, the nash deal went down on sunday morning before
the deadline. good that they're gonna fill that hole, just hope they get the right guy and
don't get caved in on the acquisition cost.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Order of targets has changed (not my order)

Kreider
Palmieri
Saad
Kase
could revisit with San Jose (not putting a name to this so as I don't get hounded by Shark fans)

I'm sure there are others. But those are legit targets.
200.gif

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
“His whole playoff career?” Really? He has one series. That’s it. You want to know how many points Danton Heinen had in his first 5 career playoff games? ZERO. He had a goal in game 7 against Toronto in his 6th game and that was it for his first playoff experience. 1 point in 9 games. I think Heinen is a slightly better player, but wood might be a better fit for this team. Either way, calling one 5 game series a career is just silly.
I'm talking about his career to include both the AHL and EmJHL. Heinen has shown that he can produce in the playoffs while Wood has not.
Miles wood is only better than Heinen at goal scoring, even strength goal scoring, speed, drawing penalties, hitting and crashing the net. Other than that, you're right. And yes Heinen is the better playoff performer, getting 3 goals in his 33 games over Wood's 0 in 5.
Same deal as I said before, I was talking about his whole career. Heinen has a least shown he can make an impact in the playoffs at different levels. As for the first part Heinen has more points, more assist, more power play points, goals, and assists, takes a lot less penalties, and is better defensively.

Reactions: LouJersey

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Looks like the same player only surrounded by a team not able to keep puck possession in the offensive zone. Domi and him just don't do anything when he was moved to his line. Domi has like 1 goal in the year 2020
I would still take Domi over Kovy and I don't like Domi.

Reactions: Strafer

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
is it sunday yet? if i recall correctly, the nash deal went down on sunday morning before
the deadline. good that they're gonna fill that hole, just hope they get the right guy and

Kreider blew right past Hawks D man last nite for 24th.Couple apples to boot.Guy can change a game.He be my target.

Last edited:

Brewin8

Jul 17, 2008
British Columbia

Kreider- Coyle -Bjork

DeBrusk-Studnicka

that’s pretty good

Seeing lots of interest on here for Kreider, obvious #1 choice..as a rental..going to be real expensive by eating up a number of prospects..But if the hope (goal) is to get an extension signed for the longer term, isn't he going to be looking 6-7 years for big $$ on this contract as he is 2 months short of 29..Will that become a "bad" contract in 3-5 years? Or is he that good that we'll get a piece for the core for next 3-5 that brings further swings at the Cup?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Any trade will have the equivalent of a sales tax

* if you make it to the Finals we get a 2 the following year*

f*** that

if it’s WIN THE CUP maybe

Palmeiri has always been the logical pickup

however, Kreider if signed sets you up for 5 years as Coyle running mate and puts Debrusk with Studnicka

that would be fun

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I've said it before and I'll say it again, anyone who doesn't think Grz is a top four defenseman is out to f*cking lunch. In a lot of ways, he is the protoypical modern defensive defenseman. Excellent in transition, extremely mobile, has a tremendous defensive impact because he able to move the puck out of danger and keep it in the other zone. So he might not be the best "defensively" in the old school sense of blocking shots and moving guys from the crease -- because he doesn't have to. He can strip the puck and move it to where it should be. He's been criminally underrated by this fanbase because of their fetishization of size and toughness and it would be a shame to lose him but I bet he has a pretty good perceived value around the league.
Agree Gryz is worth more than Trocheck who Florida fans are ready to give away for free.

Reactions: maxl7 and Strafer

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Seeing lots of interest on here for Kreider, obvious #1 choice..as a rental..going to be real expensive by eating up a number of prospects..But if the hope (goal) is to get an extension signed for the longer term, isn't he going to be looking 6-7 years for big $$ on this contract as he is 2 months short of 29..Will that become a "bad" contract in 3-5 years? Or is he that good that we'll get a piece for the core for next 3-5 that brings further swings at the Cup?
He will age well

a beast

not a lot of miles

Reactions: sarge88

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
None of those pieces have much value. Cehlarik already cleared waivers, any team coulda had him for free. Zboril will be in that boat next season. Heinen is a meh 3rd liner and Moore is a bottom pairing D-man with an almost $3M cap hit but maybe a contender gets desperate and gives up a 3rd or 4th for him
With the crazy prices average d men are getting I would not be shocked at all to see Moore go for a 2nd.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Why we fooling around?The best player on the board is Kreider and he would fit perfect in the top 6.Keep hearing well last year Sweeney did this and look how far Bruins went.News flash.Bruins did not win the Cup regardless how far they went.Sweeney needs to pony up the asking price and hammer this out.Then sit back and watch the run.Go Bruins.

Reactions: ylekot

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Looking at that list you have to expect them to be able to land one of them, top3 bring easy top 6 additions to this team.

Kase should be a secondary add

No quality insider post like they day after day throughout the season.

im just saying what constitutes a legit rumor?

if team a phones team b and says I like player x
and team b says what are you thinking?
and team a says what about players h and j and a pick in the 3

and team b not too interested in h... would you do j for player y?

and team a said not too crazy about y... about about x for... j and we can move the pic to a 2?

is my example... a legit rumor?

mmm... we arent prepared to do that... umm... tell you what let me get this other call... I will think about it and maybe we can circle back... we do like player j... but we arent too sure we want to trade x... let us consider our options ok?

ok?

-------------------
ill be honest... im in a keeper league with 15 or so other serious amateur gms and another 15 guys that arent that serious... and we arent being paid... but we are trying to win our sim league. im sure I get around 10-12 legitmate rumors every week where someone is talking trade with me. I had 7 in the last 2 days...

but the number of these rumors that turn into trades is like 1 out of every 35 or so. I only make around 1 trade a month these days

so around 500 rumors and around 12 trades...

its a gm's job to discuss potential trades... they better be doing it every day this time of year

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I’m sure it’s been brought up quite a bit, but would Bruins fans do Palmieri for Backes + Studnicka + 1st?

Curious to see if Bruins fans have any interest in something in that ballpark. Devils would probably prefer an equivalent defender if possible.
Nope Studnicka is not going anywhere, I might be inclined to give up Frederic maybe instead and another smaller piece like Cehlarik as a throw in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad