Boxing: All boxing discussion

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada

What a terrible excuse smh

Feels like that’s something he should have kept to himself. He chose to go along with the pomp and circumstance.

He also fired his cornerman who threw in the towel. Literally the only guy on his team who cares about his well being. I really liked Wilder, but he's going full on delusional. Too many yes men in his team.

Reactions: J T Money

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Wilder’s being a total moron right now and he’s f***ed in the trilogy if he doesn’t change anything. Seems like he’s convinced himself that it was everything but his technique....

He’s a proper dosser, Fury in 5 next time!

Reactions: Dialamo

Troubadour

Feb 23, 2018
Wilder’s being a total moron right now and he’s f***ed in the trilogy if he doesn’t change anything. Seems like he’s convinced himself that it was everything but his technique....

He’s a proper dosser, Fury in 5 next time!

Do not underestimate Fury's ability to blow it all away.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Is this fight still gonna take place May 2nd? I’m really excited for it and hope they don’t postpone it. Who you got? Canelo is the obvious favorite, he’s the best boxer in the world. But Saunders is really slick and has a chance.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Canelo vs Saunders

Is this fight still gonna take place May 2nd? I’m really excited for it and hope they don’t postpone it. Who you got? Canelo is the obvious favorite, he’s the best boxer in the world. But Saunders is really slick and has a chance.

Someone can update when any further information is provided but this is from earlier today:

Canelo Alvarez vs. Billy Joe Saunders could be POSTPONED before it's announced ⋆ Boxing News 24

Canelo Alvarez vs. Billy Joe Saunders fight was supposed to have been announced next week for May 2 in Las Vegas but now it could be postponed before it’s even been officially announced as a result of coronavirus pandemic. [ESPN MX].

Now they want to decide when the best time for both the announcement and whether the Canelo-Saunders should remain on the originally planned date of May 2. DAZN and Golden Boy Promotions wants to analyze the situation and come to a decision on what to do with the Canelo vs. Saunders fight.​

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Felt really good to watch Boxing again tonight!

Three really good fights I thought. Great card.

Shakur Stevenson is the real deal, 14-0, 8 KO. He's so quick with his hands . That body blow he knocked out the guy on would have made me throw up on the best of times.

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Well with a horrible decision in the first fight, I am 0-3 so far. See what this next flight has, then the main event. I have Plania with the upset.

Reactions: Deen

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Doesn’t matter how many you win, it’s the size of the win that counts.

Good thing I put a big fat zero dollars on the fight tonight.:banghead:

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Pedraza (26-3, 13 KOs) vs LesPierre (22-1-1, 10 KOs) in a super lightweight bout in Vegas tonight.
Never mind that, LesPierre tested positive for covid-19. He is a Frontline healthcare worker who is working during the day and training at night. Sucks for him. Fight is postponed to July 14th.
Oh well, there is other fights on the card tonight.

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Gabriel Flores Jr (17-0 6ko) vs Josec Ruiz (21-2-3 14ko) in a lightweight battle. Was the co-main event, with the postponement tonight is now the single main event.

I think Flores Jr. has his eyes set on the prize now.

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Flores Jr with the decision. Good, but not great tonight. His opponent, Ruiz, wasn't very good.

I'd like to see Flores Jr. work on his:
  • Body work
  • Working the middle of the ring
Still work to do, but he looks good. Only 20 years old.

He said in the second round he took an accidental punch to his lower back and it really hurt him. He was dealing with the lower back injury all fight and still won. That explains a lot of things I saw tonight.

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Dang, was looking forward to seeing Jamel Herring defend his Junior lightweight belt tonight, but the fight was scrapped as he's test positive for covid-19 again. Supposedly they're going to try and schedule it again sometime in August.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->