Boxing: All boxing discussion

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
If there was any chance he'd step in with Wilder he's definitely not now after how that got him shook.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Lmao can't believe people thought he was better then Fury.
Fury would outbox him for days. I used to think Joshua would have an easy time with Wilder but I'm pretty sure Wilder would steal his soul at this point.

Reactions: Dialamo

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Anything can happen in heavy weight boxing. Guys at the top of the world hit so hard, so effortlessly that most people can't even fathom it. Ruiz caught Joshua, who was trying to finish the fight and Joshua never recovered from the third round.

My point is, Joshua can most definitely beat anyone and would IMO still be a favorite against Wilder and Fury. Doesn't mean it's a slam dunk, nor did it mean it even before this Ruiz fight.

I have no horse in this fight, nor am I a fan of any particular boxer. But I can't but admire Joshua's grace in defeat. Ruiz also seems extremely sympathetic and I loved his reaction to making history.

The end result of this fight was both good and bad. Good in a sense that people love these underdog cinderella stories. Bad in a sense that it was pretty much the worst nightmare for Joshua's corner as they had nothing to gain from this fight and everything to lose. Probably makes them want to be even more careful in the future, if Joshua can win his belts back. This is also the biggest singular problem in professional boxing: it's extremely hard to get these champions to meet each other in the ring or even top 10 or top 20 fighters. I hate how every promising boxer goes through the same extensive build up of his record, before they actually start meeting even top 10 fighters in their weight class. It's boring and doesn't feel justified. The emphasis on 'perfect' records is beyond stupid and downright lame.

If Joshua beats Ruiz in a rematch later this year, I truly hope the next big match up is these champions meeting each other. No more excuses and no more claiming who's the true champ or the absolute best until they meet. The boxing world deserves to see Joshua vs. Wilder before they are out of their primes.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad