Boxing: All boxing discussion

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
So many good fights at 147; too bad Garcia didn't have a better showing. He's just too small and Spence was too long. Maybe Garcia will see Loma has his only $$ fight now but I have to admit I think the chances of that fight decreased slightly after last night.

Spence is looking dangerous. He wants Manny Pacquiao next. So many good fighters at 147: Terence Crawford, Keith Thurman, Shawn Porter, and Garcia. Eventually we'll wanna see Crawford and Spence but lots of action in this division.

Once the dust settles on all of this would Floyd be interested in a return? ...especially if by some crazy way Pacquiao is able to beat Spence.
Ya, he got dominated by Spence. You might be right about cashing in vs Loma now but I'm guessing he'll want to win a fight or two before/if they fight. I think Loma wins that fight easily enough. Garcia is overrated because he's a 4 division champ. Before Spence the only other top level he guy he fought was Salido who was nowhere near as good as Spence. He has wins over some good fighters like Roman Martinez, JuanMa and Barros but hasn't fought many top guys. I'd like to see him go back down to 140 and fights guys like Progais, Hooker and Taylor.

I'd love to see Spence fight any of those guys you listed. I'm not real keen on him fighting Pacman but it's not a terrible fight. Hopefully, Porter defends his title against Thurman next and the winner fights Spence assuming he beats Pacman. Crawford vs Spence is the fight I want most but it'll be tough to make because Crawford is signed with Top Rank/ESPN. Hope it happens eventually.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
So many good fights at 147; too bad Garcia didn't have a better showing. He's just too small and Spence was too long. Maybe Garcia will see Loma has his only $$ fight now but I have to admit I think the chances of that fight decreased slightly after last night.

Spence is looking dangerous. He wants Manny Pacquiao next. So many good fighters at 147: Terence Crawford, Keith Thurman, Shawn Porter, and Garcia. Eventually we'll wanna see Crawford and Spence but lots of action in this division.

Once the dust settles on all of this would Floyd be interested in a return? ...especially if by some crazy way Pacquiao is able to beat Spence.
I don't understand this fascination with beating an over the hill Pacquiao.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Poor Mikey. :( Spence is too good!

Also Wilder vs Breazeale on May 18th! The fight everyone was waiting to see!

Been debating on whether to pick for betting...
Question is Who do you got as winner ? :laugh::huh:
This is too close. My gut goes for Deontay for obvious reasons but Breazeale is a beast.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Been debating on whether to pick for betting...
Question is Who do you got as winner ? :laugh::huh:
This is too close. My gut goes for Deontay for obvious reasons but Breazeale is a beast.
Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not but I wouldn't call Breazeale a beast. He's never beat anyone who was close to being top 10 and was dominated by Joshua. He could win but it's more likely he gets knocked out early.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not but I wouldn't call Breazeale a beast. He's never beat anyone who was close to being top 10 and was dominated by Joshua. He could win but it's more likely he gets knocked out early.

Agreed, but lets agree that this fight won't look like Wilder - Stiverne:laugh:

quickeyg

Nov 16, 2018
United Kingdom
Terence Crawford vs Amir Khan - April 20th - MSG, New York.

I found these 2 videos yesterday you might wanna check them out & if Terence 'Bud' Crawford is on his a-game Khan will get knocked out early I think.

Reactions: Dialamo

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Terence Crawford vs Amir Khan - April 20th - MSG, New York.

I found these 2 videos yesterday you might wanna check them out & if Terence 'Bud' Crawford is on his a-game Khan will get knocked out early I think.

For a five knockdown night, Gamboa is one game fighter. Per Crawford, I think Khan is gone quick, too

Reactions: Dialamo

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Unintentional low blow by Crawford incapacitates Khan, but Crawford gets the tko anyway as Khan's trainer had seen enough to stop the fight before Khan took any more real damage. Disappointing end, but it was a one-sided fight and that was not going to change,

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Unintentional low blow by Crawford incapacitates Khan, but Crawford gets the tko anyway as Khan's trainer had seen enough to stop the fight before Khan took any more real damage. Disappointing end, but it was a one-sided fight and that was not going to change,

For real though. He got low blowed and couldn't continue yet lost? That is ridiculous.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Makes sense to get that fight done now. I'd be shocked if that fight goes the distance. Someone will get sent to the Khanvas for sure! #khandamonium
I really hope it finally gets made. I got sick of listening to those two badmouth each other years ago. I can't see it going the distance either.

Sep 19, 2008
Trash-talking has its place in boxing, but not for Canelo and Jacobs
Jacobs, who called his opponent "top-10, pound-for-pound" and a "true champion with superstar status," has been matched by Alvarez, whose commentary on the fight has focused on Jacobs' talent.
"He's an opponent that is very complete," Alvarez said through an interpreter. "He knows how to move in the ring. Very difficult. We know the risk of this fight, and it is a high-risk fight."
There was no shoving at any of their news conferences. No naughty words. No hostility. In fact, it has been the exact opposite: complete respect and the feeling that they could easily be friends.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Golden Boy has bought, errrr, I mean "the NAC has assigned" the same judges from the second Canelo/GGG fight. So Canelo has already won on paper, pending a Jacobs KO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad