Boxing: All boxing discussion

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sounds like it was a hell of a fight at any rate.

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
Tyson Fury after getting knocked down in the 12th last night.
200.gif

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
yeah fury should've won 100% but wilder is one hell of a fighter too

anthony joshua is quaking in his boots right now
On the basis of last night, I doubt it. I think Joshua would feel confident that he possessed the required skills to defeat either fighter.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
Lightweight Lomanchenko handedly won a unanimous decision last night against Pedraza to unify that divisions titles. Loma is a joy to watch and may be pound for pound one of the greatest I have ever seen. Pedraza was no pushover, and neither were many of the guys Loma fought before him, but he has this way of making you miss and controlling the fight to the point you either give up in frustration, get KO'ed because you overexposed yourzelf, or just turtle up and get slapped around for twelve rounds. Pedraza never mounted any serious offense and that eleventh he came within 20 seconds and a flury from going down for good. He was basically a punching bag.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016

Canelo vs Jacobs May 4th. Disappointed that we didn't get the trilogy with GGG as that's what was rumoured. That being said, this should still be an entertaining fight and Jacobs presents problems for Canelo stylistically...however he has had moments in the past where he was kind of chinny and I think Canelo will wear him down with body work. Jacobs has the height and reach advantage though and is also a fast and powerful counterpuncher himself.

Reactions: Dialamo

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Broner hasn't grown at all since the Maidana fight. Still has trouble finding range and being able to get off combos.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
Broner sucks. How are you gonna go in the ring against Pac with just 2 punches in your arsenal? Where are the body shots, where's the uppercut, where are combos? Guy is delusional.

Not impressed with PacMan either. He clearly aged. Floyd would tag him a bunch if they did a rematch. But I hope that fight doesn't happen.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Biggest problem is that Broner is delusional and thinks that he's doing everything right already. He could still be a great fighter if he would ever listen.
It was hilarious watching the fight and seeing that he actually think he won. After the 11th round his corner was telling him to be more active and his response was "I won that round though right?", and they begrudgingly said yes.

Not impressed with PacMan either. He clearly aged. Floyd would tag him a bunch if they did a rematch. But I hope that fight doesn't happen.

FYI he fought with a cold and he also had his cornea scratched int he fight, probably why he started to taper off a bit in the later rounds. There were actually some rumours that came out after the fight saying he had a detached retina which would end his career, although they seem to have been debunked. Still looked pretty good to me though, while he's not the top dog anymore he'd be a tough fight still for just about anyone. Legs are still there for the most part and although he doesn't have that speed that he did when he fought someone like Margarito, it's still borderline elite. Fight was never in doubt though and he's dispatched both Matthysse and Broner with relative ease.

I do think Floyd makes easy work of him though. Floyd has aged incredibly and looks as if he is in his early 30s physically.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaaaaB's

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I was laughing my ass off during Broners post fight interview with Jim Gray. He's completely delusional and immature as can be. "I'd go 7-0 against you" haha.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
anyone know why there is no boxing subforum? :eyeroll:

anyway, I'm definitely excited for the Anthony Joshua fight. Knew him back for 2 years (my ex was originally from the same 'shire' in England and she liked boxing) so I was introduced to him when he was already a household name in the UK. Saw his first fight against Takon or some name like that and it was a walk in the park for him. Then not too long ago he destroyed that Russian at the Wembley.

Glad he's coming across the Atlantic and expanding his brand. I think he picked the wrong opponent, but gotta start somewhere. I personally wanted to see AJ - Tyson Fury or AJ - Wilder but it's just a matter of time as they both have a rematch in the making (fury v wilder 2). I take Fury as the winner.

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Spence vs Garcia tomorrow night. Garcia going up 2 weight classes. If Garcia wins; I think he next fights Lomachenko. He can leverage the win for more pay in a fight with Loma.

I like Spence FTW.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Spence vs Garcia tomorrow night. Garcia going up 2 weight classes. If Garcia wins; I think he next fights Lomachenko. He can leverage the win for more pay in a fight with Loma.

I like Spence FTW.
I think if Garcia wanted to fight Loma, he would've did it before moving up two classes to fight Spence. I hope you're right tho as I really want to see him fight Loma. I think he's going to lose tonight tho so not sure where that leaves him.

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I think if Garcia wanted to fight Loma, he would've did it before moving up two classes to fight Spence. I hope you're right tho as I really want to see him fight Loma. I think he's going to lose tonight tho so not sure where that leaves him.

So many good fights at 147; too bad Garcia didn't have a better showing. He's just too small and Spence was too long. Maybe Garcia will see Loma has his only $$ fight now but I have to admit I think the chances of that fight decreased slightly after last night.

Well, that wasn't close at all.

Spence is looking dangerous. He wants Manny Pacquiao next. So many good fighters at 147: Terence Crawford, Keith Thurman, Shawn Porter, and Garcia. Eventually we'll wanna see Crawford and Spence but lots of action in this division.

Once the dust settles on all of this would Floyd be interested in a return? ...especially if by some crazy way Pacquiao is able to beat Spence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad