ALL BLOUSE TALK HERE - All The Cool Kids Call Jerseys Blouses - Part Nine

Flyrs21

Dec 17, 2006
This was added to the meigray hfc auctions...

. Proceeds from this auction will benefit Ewing’s sarcoma research at the Sarcoma Foundation of America. MeiGray will make the donation in the name of Oskar Lindblom, the 23-year-old Flyers forward who was diagnosed earlier this month with this rare form of cancer.

Reactions: Defect

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
Yea, I just looked at the prices. Giroux's went for $1030.

Damn, Lindblom went for over $3k! Wow. Ghost was $760, which is less than the 50th anniversary one went for. But, he was doing better in the past too

Reactions: Illini Flyer

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Random but does anyone have a Giroux jersey they would be willing to part with? Unsigned mens jersey any size would be fine

flountown

Dec 30, 2008
Philadelphia
Hey everyone, been awhile. Are this and the IJ forums still the main places to chat about this stuff, or did some other things pop up while I've been away?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Roger that, I've basically just been subbed to the r/hj subreddit to get the occasional pic show up in my Reddit feed.

There’s a lot of Facebook groups out there now. I used to be a lot more active in the jersey collecting world but it’s grown a little stale with the Flyers having the same jerseys for 10 years now.

Lindy"s going for that much is honestly very cool !

I honestly expected more. I think they should have brought it to the Carnival and either raffled it off or just auctioned it off. More money to be had there.

Illini Flyer

Feb 26, 2019
Near St Louis
There’s a lot of Facebook groups out there now. I used to be a lot more active in the jersey collecting world but it’s grown a little stale with the Flyers having the same jerseys for 10 years now.

I honestly expected more. I think they should have brought it to the Carnival and either raffled it off or just auctioned it off. More money to be had there.

I guess it's all relative. I've only been able to afford one jersey (TK) in my life and it was a chinese knock-off for like $50. I bought my two little brothers some (Provy and Voracek) from the same site so I guess I've bought three in total, but 3K is alot to me haha. I can see how it should've fetched more though, especially if the auction was right after Lindy's prognosis.

flountown

Dec 30, 2008
Philadelphia
I guess it's all relative. I've only been able to afford one jersey (TK) in my life and it was a chinese knock-off for like $50. I bought my two little brothers some (Provy and Voracek) from the same site so I guess I've bought three in total, but 3K is alot to me haha. I can see how it should've fetched more though, especially if the auction was right after Lindy's prognosis.

I think 3k tends to be a lot for most people, but things like this are an outlet for those with disposable income to support their favorite teams/players while donating to worthy causes. It isn't the same as buying a standard piece of team branded gear. I am glad there are people out there that can do good and happy that they are also Flyers fans.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Don’t take my comment as $3k not being a lot of money, it certainly is. I just think that there was room to raise even more if done right.

flountown

Dec 30, 2008
Philadelphia
Whoa a @flountown spotting

It's been a while, figured with the trade deadline coming up I wanted to kill time and see some of those posts, and the recent Tor/Phi proposal from a Leafs fan let me know nothing has changed. Then moseyed on over here to see what the latest was.

My last jersey pick up was finding, what seemed like, one of the last HFC jerseys being sold at the arena when I was back home for Christmas. Got a Hayes, really happy with it. Otherwise, have done nothing much with jerseys in forever. I also looked up and my last posts here were back in July 2017 or 2018.

Illini Flyer

Feb 26, 2019
Near St Louis
I think 3k tends to be a lot for most people, but things like this are an outlet for those with disposable income to support their favorite teams/players while donating to worthy causes. It isn't the same as buying a standard piece of team branded gear. I am glad there are people out there that can do good and happy that they are also Flyers fans.

That make's sense and is a great thing! 100% agreed on the last part as well!!

Illini Flyer

Feb 26, 2019
Near St Louis
Don’t take my comment as $3k not being a lot of money, it certainly is. I just think that there was room to raise even more if done right.

Oh yeah, my bad if my comment came off like that! I didn't mean that at all, just referencing the amount through my lens :). I totally see what you mean though, like flountown said, it's event for spending for people who can spend, so I can see why it should've raised more for sure

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
I have been having a lot of medical bills. I have been flirting with the idea of possibly selling that 50th Anniversary Hockey Fights Cancer Giroux worn/signed jersey I have. I kinda flounder back and forth on it.

PK16

Jul 28, 2013
I have been having a lot of medical bills. I have been flirting with the idea of possibly selling that 50th Anniversary Hockey Fights Cancer Giroux worn/signed jersey I have. I kinda flounder back and forth on it.
I don't want to step on anyone's toes, but if you are interested in selling that jersey, PM me.

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
I will be putting that 50th anniversary Giroux hockey fights cancer jersey (worn and signed) up on facebook this weekend. I made up my mind to sell it for sure

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->