ALL BLOUSE TALK HERE - All The Cool Kids Call Jerseys Blouses - Part Nine

Insulin

Jan 23, 2013
Atlantic City
So three dark jerseys? I think two is fine, but three is overkill.

These new "reverse-retro" jerseys are matched up with a rival so both teams can wear them against each other for the same game. Half the teams should have light jerseys and the other half dark jerseys. Only going to be used once or twice. Black jerseys still the normal alternate for now.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
BECC8F1D-DC6E-4B81-9C33-69E80B7D897F.png

FlyOrange

Dec 16, 2018
New York City
Eric Lindros Philadelphia FLYERS jersey Mens Large L Orange STARTER black white | eBay

Anyone have an opinion on:
1. Authenticity
2. Is this a “replica” jersey
3. Fairness of price and/or price range for such a jersey

Let me take a stab at this..

1- It's not authentic. At the time (mid 90's), Starter was one of the licensees of NHL jerseys. I think CCM and KOHO also fall into this category.
2- It's a "replica" but the number and lettering is completely different from authentics (if you care about that sort of thing). Number 88 is difficult to tell, but LeClair and Renberg jerseys from Starter at the time has completely different number font compared to authentics. As it is, the Lindros lettering is way thinner than an authentic from that time. Also, the front crest on Starter jerseys are little more flexible and somewhat flimsier than say, a CCM or KOHO replicas from the same period.
3- Price is WAY steep. I'd pass on it if I were you. Unless you are really jonesing for a Lindros jersey from mid-90's, pass until a better deal comes along. Lindros jerseys are really not that difficult to find.

Last edited:

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
My little pet peeve about that jersey is Forsberg never wore CCM jerseys when he was with the Flyers, they wore Reebok
This was a weird era for jerseys. The on ice authentics were Reebok but the replica jerseys that the majority of people bought were CCM. Reebok never made replicas until the Edge design in 2007

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
What are the best options in terms of framing jerseys?

Probably getting myself a gameworn for Christmas and know some of you guys are pro level when it comes to hanging and framing them.

A few different options would be nice as might be easier to get some vs others in Europe.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
What are the best options in terms of framing jerseys?

Probably getting myself a gameworn for Christmas and know some of you guys are pro level when it comes to hanging and framing them.

A few different options would be nice as might be easier to get some vs others in Europe.

So... my recommendation would be to not get it framed in a professional manner where it is enclosed essentially forever.

I put my jerseys in semi-cheap shadowboxes that I have bought over the years from A.C. Moore, which is an arts and crafts store here in the states. I would have to imagine that you guys have something similar over there. I just put a thumbtack in the backing and hang a hanger upside down on that to hold the jersey.

Going the shadowbox way allows you to take out the jersey and switch it whenever you want.

IMG_7293.jpeg

In my office, I have a more official frames that I got from Fanatics, they're a little more expensive though. They open from the front.

IMG_9876.jpeg

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
So... my recommendation would be to not get it framed in a professional manner where it is enclosed essentially forever.

I put my jerseys in semi-cheap shadowboxes that I have bought over the years from A.C. Moore, which is an arts and crafts store here in the states. I would have to imagine that you guys have something similar over there. I just put a thumbtack in the backing and hang a hanger upside down on that to hold the jersey.

Going the shadowbox way allows you to take out the jersey and switch it whenever you want.

View attachment 376055

In my office, I have a more official frames that I got from Fanatics, they're a little more expensive though. They open from the front.

View attachment 376056

Thanks!

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Don’t you know some carpentry? Make one bum!

Haha. That would require time and effort. The first of which I am lacking and the second of which I spend too much on other stuff to have much left.

I cant wait until I have a garden with a shed. Carpentry can then commence.

Though I am bad at fine shit. Give me railway sleepers, a circular saw, a crap tonne of digging, 2ft of concrete and 12 inch screws and that is my speed! Haha.

Reactions: Defect

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Hey is there anywhere to buy cheap youth jerseys online anywhere? My son loves wolves and I was thinking (I know they are huskies but he’ll swear it’s a wolf and refuse to believe it’s a dog) a rouyn-noranda huskies jersey?
There’s a truck near my house that has an emblem on it that looks identical to the huskies logo, and he would go apeshit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad