All aboard the Travis Zajac bandwagon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolDude*

silvergorilla said:
This kid is the real thing,has such soft hands and can score with the best of em.Will go in the first half of the first round....His linemate Chucko will have a outside chance to slip into the top 30 as well.

I'll bet you $100 that those 2 things won't happen.

BCCHL inactive

eddy said:
I really hope him and chucko go to the whl next year so we can see how they rack up aginst the top players there.

As of now, Zajac is committed to the University of North Dakota and Chucko is committed to the University of Minnesota.

FSH2003

Jun 12, 2004
bob said:
look at this:
Nenad Gajac started the 2003-2004 hockey season off player for Michigan State University. He played 4 games... got 0 points. So he decided to play the rest of the season in the BCHL because he wasnt getting any playing time in College. In 24 games with the Alberni Valley Bulldogs Gajic got 9 goals and 25 assists and he was completely dominate on the ice. So if a borderline 4th liner in college can become a star in the BCHL, let's see what a BCHL star can become in college.

Look what Brady Murray did his freshman year at UND after playing in the BCHL. He got ROY honors in the WCHA and he ended up leading(or 2nd) the NCAA's in points as a freshman.

db23

Zajac had the same points as Jonathan Sigalet, a defenseman with Salmon Arm a year ago. Plus Sigalet was a year younger than Zajac!

If anyone takes this guy in the first 2 rounds of the draft it's a bad pick. Personally I would draft Chucko before Zajac. Sigalet as well.

BCCHL inactive

db23 said:
Zajac had the same points as Jonathan Sigalet, a defenseman with Salmon Arm a year ago. Plus Sigalet was a year younger than Zajac!

Where do you get your stats?

Jonathan Sigalet scored 52 points (13 G, 39 A) in 52 games for the Silverbacks in the 2002-03 regular season, and 8 points (0 G, 8 A) in 8 playoff games that same season.

http://www.sasilverbacks.com/history.php?season=0203rs

Travis Zajac scored 112 points (43 G, 69 A) in 59 regular season games for the Silverbacks this season, and 23 points (10 G, 13 A) in 14 playoff games this season on top of that.

Draft Guru said:
Zajac is brutal. I wouldn't touch him before 50.

Describe how Zajac is brutal. Do you expect to be taken seriously when you describe draft talent with one word...not to mention with that description being totally baseless? Being from New York, how many times did you see him play this season?

There is a reason why NHL scouts ranked him as a possible 1st round pick.

eddy

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
Van said:
As of now, Zajac is committed to the University of North Dakota and Chucko is committed to the University of Minnesota.

Ok thats just as good then, as long as there playing a higher level of hockey where we can see how they rack up against the top players there.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Van said:
Where do you get your stats?

Jonathan Sigalet scored 52 points (13 G, 39 A) in 52 games for the Silverbacks in the 2002-03 regular season, and 8 points (0 G, 8 A) in 8 playoff games that same season.

http://www.sasilverbacks.com/history.php?season=0203rs

Travis Zajac scored 112 points (43 G, 69 A) in 59 regular season games for the Silverbacks this season, and 23 points (10 G, 13 A) in 14 playoff games this season on top of that.

Describe how Zajac is brutal. Do you expect to be taken seriously when you describe draft talent with one word...not to mention with that description being totally baseless? Being from New York, how many times did you see him play this season?

There is a reason why NHL scouts ranked him as a possible 1st round pick.
Van, this guy tried the same thing with Bernier when it was obvious he never seen him before. Don't waste your time trying to get answers.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
It seems that Conte and Lamoriello agree with you, Mizral. I've never seen Zajac play but I like what I've heard. After selecting him the Devils are absolutely stacked at center. Parise, Zajac, Foster, Vrana... That's an increadible top-4.
I trust Conte and Lamoriello. It also sounds as if Zajac was the choice of the entire Devils scoting staff... which is a really, really good one, and we were willing to give up a third to ensure we got him. That tells me pretty much everything I need to know.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
bob said:
look at this:
Nenad Gajac started the 2003-2004 hockey season off player for Michigan State University. He played 4 games... got 0 points. So he decided to play the rest of the season in the BCHL because he wasnt getting any playing time in College. In 24 games with the Alberni Valley Bulldogs Gajic got 9 goals and 25 assists and he was completely dominate on the ice. So if a borderline 4th liner in college can become a star in the BCHL, let's see what a BCHL star can become in college.

Hey Bob, what kind of a statement is this?? I don't even know what kind of moron would make this comparison?

Let's start off by saying Nenad Gajic was a 20 yr old for the 2003/2004 season, while Zajac was an 18 yr old. Gajic's numbers don't compare to Zajac's over a full season and Zajac also outscored Gajic in the playoffs, 23pts to 16pts. Zajac has the size, youth and offensive advantage on Gajic. Is there anything else you would like to compare with these two??

ShippinItDaily

Apr 28, 2004
Saskatoon
monster_bertuzzi said:
And he was one of the best players in that league at the tender age of 15. Not much bragging rights for the BCHL there.

Why not??

Did you see the numbers that a 16 year old put up in the QMJHL this year. His name was Crosby or something. I don't know , maybe you have heard of him?

I guess since he dominated so much the league must suck right cuz he was playing against guys 4 years older than him.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
dangler19 said:
Why not??

Did you see the numbers that a 16 year old put up in the QMJHL this year. His name was Crosby or something. I don't know , maybe you have heard of him?

I guess since he dominated so much the league must suck right cuz he was playing against guys 4 years older than him.

Crosby's a rare exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad