All Aboard, plenty of nice cabins left. Get them while they last.

Halpysback*

I think HSHS really means that after so many SE champ raise the flag nights, the team might actually try to return to the Finals.

As for AO... the truth is, he was a great scorer only... and the last time I checked, there are "2" ends of the ice.

FORGOT: I realize you are a true fan... and passionate about the team. I respect that.

He's also an above average playmaker and by far our most imposing hitter.

Briere doesn't know the defensive zone from his cloaca and he's been absolute gold in the playoffs in his career. I think Ovechkin is fairly similar in that regard, and when used properly his defensive issues can be masked and his offensive/physical gifts used effectively enough to win series. I generally agree in having a prototypical playoff warrior be well versed in offense, defense and physical play but guys like Briere, Ovechkin or Franzen are so good in the spring they can be gamebreakers even with their defects.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
I've been on board since the 3rd or 4th game.

Does that make me Captain or First Mate?

Either way a room with one of those circular windows would be nice.

SlappaDaBass

May 7, 2012
We've already hit the iceberg and sunk, now we're just in the life rafts floating aimlessly with the current.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
There's a pretty good blog on ESPN Insider about the long term approach.

I'm fine with throwing in the towel this season. That would do way more for the team than eeking out a playoff run or barely getting to mediocrity.

Adding a top 2 or 3 pick, the Swede, maybe Kuznetsov post Olympics, and maybe Wilson would be a heck of a talent infusion. Fast.

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
They give me a little sign of life. Just enough to hurt me again.

I am looking for a top five pick. The last thing I want is for this team to finish 9th or 10th.

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
They give me a little sign of life. Just enough to hurt me again.

I am looking for a top five pick. The last thing I want is for this team to finish 9th or 10th.

I was thinking 9th or 10th in the east.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
I still want that penthouse. Claimed that earlier in the thread. Never got an acknowlegement or receipt. Caps musta won a game that day. LOL

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I suspect Mr Gone may be Clive Parker.

Count me in, as long as they have internet so I can complain the entire time to strangers.

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
My only real fear is that we string a few wins together and another year passes and nothing really changes.

Burakovsky95*

Aka what happened when this thread was originally posted lol

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
1300124491_pool-diving-fail.gif

9c39343b9660f7306d53fbb0fc16ddb5-attempt-at-dive-does-not-go-as-planned.gif

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
Aka what happened when this thread was originally posted lol

The sad truth its a true love hate relationship. And would enjoy the ride of some wins. But I know I would only end up in my same place disappointed and mad in the end.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
OK, I couldn't realize it was last years thread. Even MacKinnonn's name wasn't enough for me. It's just the same **** another year probably.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
OK, I couldn't realize it was last years thread. Even MacKinnonn's name wasn't enough for me. It's just the same **** another year probably.

It is just another year. The team sucks out of the gate. We ***** about it. Ted says be patient. GMGM tells us we don't know what we're talking about and the team rebounds to make a late rush. Only this year, the rest of the division won't stink up the joint and let us pass them.

This management team has had ample opportunity to put together a quality team and the only thing they've accomplished is division banners (bfd), a presidents trophy and early playoff exits.

As long as Ted Leonsis equates mediocrity and arena sell outs to success this won't change until GMGM retires.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad