All 3; Lakers, OKC, Houston gonna miss the play-offs this season...comical

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
LOL

Sure, i know the reasons why but still....
Comical situation.

Last time that these 3 franchises been out of the play-offs in a same season?
1969-1970 season.....52 years ago....

and that was the trio; Seattle SuperSonics, San Diego Rockets, Los Angeles Lakers

Yes, yes, Lakers can still make it to the play-in...but
to make it to the play-offs, they would have to win the
play-in round first...

• Haha
Reactions: John Price

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
What’s so intriguing about them being grouped together?

Well, OKC and Rockets not long ago were contenders
signing all kinds of star players and now
all those players are gone, look at their rosters now..lol.

Lakers are Lakers, their bubble trophy was just a lucky
uber performance by Lebron, they still suck,
but Lakers because they are legendary,
even thou they been the joke of the league
since....

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

uber performance by Lebron
, they still suck,
since....
tell me you didn't watch those playoffs without telling me you didn't watch those playoffs

if you think lebron carried that team on his back to a title, then lol

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I find it hilarious that the could miss Lakers miss the playoffs and are at best in the stupid play-in tourney, but not sure how that relates to the other two teams who are obviously tanking.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

since....
You and I have very different definitions of star players if you think OKC or HOU signed star players.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

since....

OKC is in the midst of a rebuild, pretty much everyone who follows the league is aware of that.

Rockets are rebuilding/retooling, was kind of obvious they would be in this stage after they moved on from Harden.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Don't the Pelicans have the Lakers' pick? Or is it lottery protected.

Now that you mention it, I forgot it wasn't lottery protected beyond the 10th pick. For some reason I thought it went the other way and the Lakers would just keep the pick and land another miracle and NOLA would have to watch.

Last edited:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Now that you mention it, I forgot it wasn't lottery protected beyond the 10th pick. For some reason I thought it went the other way and the Lakers would just keep the pick and land another miracle and NOLA would have to watch.

Ok well right now I think they're the 8th worst team in the league, going by the league standings, so does that mean they'd end up keeping their first anyway? assuming there are no surprises on draft lottery day.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Ok well right now I think they're the 8th worst team in the league, going by the league standings, so does that mean they'd end up keeping their first anyway? assuming there are no surprises on draft lottery day.

The Lakers would lose the pick to NOLA if they finished with the 8th worst record. I simply got it backwards is all.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

The Lakers would lose the pick to NOLA if they finished with the 8th worst record. I simply got it backwards is all.
This pick was protected #8 to #30 last season ( the Lakers ended up with the #22 pick so they kept it and picked Isaiah Jackson ) but is totally unprotected this season. However because of a trade New Orleans made with Memphis if the the Lakers pick fell to #11 then it would go the Grizzlies. It's a bit confusing but here's a quick rundown of both deals:

- New Orleans traded • Anthony Davis • Pelicans option to swap 2023 first round picks with Lakers (?-?) in a 3-team trade with Lakers, Wizards for • Lonzo Ball • Josh Hart • Brandon Ingram • rights to De'Andre Hunter • first round pick (from Lakers) (protected #8-30 in 2021, unprotected in 2022) (?-?) • first round pick (from Lakers) (Pelicans option of Lakers 2024 or 2025 pick) (?-?) • Pelicans option to swap 2023 first round picks with Lakers (?-?) • cash (from Lakers) • cash considerations (from Wizards) on 2019-07-06

- Memphis traded • Jonas Valanciunas • rights to Trey Murphy III • rights to Brandon Boston Jr. • rights to Tyler Harvey in a 3-team trade with Hornets, Pelicans for • Steven Adams • Eric Bledsoe • rights to Ziaire Williams • rights to Jared Butler • draft pick(s) (from Pelicans) (2022 first round pick (protected top 10), else 2022 second round pick, 2025 second round pick) (?-?) on 2021-08-07

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad