Alive and kicking STILL.. OIE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Eklund's latest is in reply to the constant criticism he is getting. Interestingly enough all proceeds from his google ads are apparently going to the Tsunami relief fund, so their goes the just for profit argument.

http://hockeyrumors.blogspot.com/

Da Game

Jan 27, 2005
On an Island
westcoast said:
Eklund's latest is in reply to the constant criticism he is getting. Interestingly enough all proceeds from his google ads are apparently going to the Tsunami relief fund, so their goes the just for profit argument.

The guy is so full of crap. All the proceeds are going directly into buying some new PS2 games.

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
and this is the latest update:

"Update
Thanks to all those who have sent me e-mails.

I received several e-mails from fellow press folks saying I was a bit hard on them this morning. They are on a dealine, especially the print guys. I really just am going after the TV guys in Canada who were trying to turn this into the OJ case last night....They need to get some business guys on the air, and not sensationalize this. I know negative stuff sells ad revenue, and they are right to be talking negative when they are getting negative reports, I just think they need to be balanced about that and not lead the hockey fan to the plank every night. It is very tough on people. Report both sides...

So two things to report right now. I received an e-mail from a very reliable source explaining the Revenue Sharing Issue...this iwhat he writes..."Playoff revenue sharing is what the owners would like, for it would further reduce teams' incentives to "spend to win." Given that playoff revenues represent less than 7% of all league revenue, that would be a far cry from the 65% sharing that is done in the NFL. In order for a salary cap to work - and to be fair for both sides - meaningful revenue sharing is essential." If this is true, then I am starting to question the owner's incentive. It sounds like they are willing to let the low maket teams die with only 7%...and the spend to win concept is just plain disturbing....I write this because I am hearing more and more that the owners are stating to weigh their moves much more towards the big market teams...The big market teams are unified it appears...and they must be holding something over Bettman. What is odd is that you would think they are the ones who want this resolved the most...they are losing more money by not playing.

I also received this.
"The NHLPA is about ready to call the sides back to the table. It could happen as early as tonight. The players are going to ask for a higher ceiling and no single player caps...but they are resigned to the salary cap concept. They are also doing this completely against the wishes of Goodenow. The NHL made it clear that there was room. The NHLPA is working very hard to get this done, and has given a great deal away. The NHL made great strides by taking the salary rollback off the table last night. It is going to be very hard for the PA to turn this down now."

Believe these rumors or don't, but one thing is certain. Today the leaks are silence. One thing that we all learned in journalism school...silence at critical times is noteworthy. Something is happening or you would be hearing more.

I'm going into chat for a bit..."

NJD Jester

Nov 14, 2003
DC
www.njdevilsbook.com
VAN-HAB said:
and this is the latest update:

"Update
Thanks to all those who have sent me e-mails.

I received several e-mails from fellow press folks saying I was a bit hard on them this morning. They are on a dealine, especially the print guys.

I'm pretty sure that us "press folks" would actually call it "deadline," Eks. Not to mention the fact that us "press folks" usually edit our work before we post an article; at the very least, we read the lede.

Those e-mails sound pretty interesting, thought. Any chance Stephen Glass...er, Eklund will publish them on his influential blog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->