Movies: Alita: Battle Angel (December, 2018)

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I'm pretty excited about this. I remember as a kid my neighbor lending me his battle angel manga. I never really got into it (or mangas in general) but I've always loved the idea behind this. This movie has been rumored to be in the making by Cameron for so long.. I was surprised to see this thread pop up and it's suddenly a reality. Interesting that they made Alita look manga'ish with huge eyes. It looks "strange valley"ish odd and it works perfectly. James Cameron knows how to make/produce a blockbuster. It looks great, let's just hope the scenario matches the imagery.

Full trailer of 1m54 is here btw :

Yarborough

This is not a robbery, I swear!
Mar 14, 2015
YYC
Those eyes look really off, like I get what they were trying to do but jeez.

Also let’s hope it isn’t another movie where the CGI is great but the rest of the film sucks.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
At first the eyes really bugged me... but watching the trailer a second time I got used to it already. From a financial perspective though kind of seems like a risky move for a big budget film.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
So I saw it and I thought it was great. I was waiting to see if someone would bump it but it seems no one will. Still hoping that it can not be a loss with China/Japan openings today. I want to see a second one at least.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Saw it today, quite enjoyed it. Some of the script was a little weak, but it featured mostly good acting with great effects and cinematography. Nice pace to the movie.

Also hope they make enough money on this to do the sequel.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Saw it today, quite enjoyed it. Some of the script was a little weak, but it featured mostly good acting with great effects and cinematography. Nice pace to the movie.

Also hope they make enough money on this to do the sequel.

That would probably be released by Disney.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I'm going to be quite disappointed if there is no sequel. Very good action movie (one of the better ones I have seen in years) that at least stayed somewhat close to the anime.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I'd give this 7+/10. Had potential to be a lot better. James Cameron sure knows how to f*** up these days. Some really cringy dialogue and Christophe Waltz just mailed it in. If it gets a sequel, I hope someone competent will be in charge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad