Helene St. James Alfredsson looking to come back

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
He will demand atleast as much as last season though

Likely. Based on his production he will have a solid argument. However, given the fact he isn't getting any younger, Id like to see him sign between 3.75-4.5 (including bonuses).

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I don't mind this. I think he's a good locker room guy, and having that right shot on the PP might keep Holland from making any truly stupid offseason moves. If he can give us 20 goals and 40 points, it's a solid pickup. and hopefully this is another signing that contributes to squeezing Cleary out of the picture.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I don't mind this. I think he's a good locker room guy, and having that right shot on the PP might keep Holland from making any truly stupid offseason moves. If he can give us 20 goals and 40 points, it's a solid pickup. and hopefully this is another signing that contributes to squeezing Cleary out of the picture.

What would be a truly stupid off season move?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

I completely agree, On all accounts. As long as Cleary is out of the picture I will be a happy camper.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Exactly he and Kronner were tied for the most points on the team last year with 49 And I dont see why he wont be able to do that again this season.

Additionally, he should be able to spend more time with 13 and/or 40 this year. Due to injuries and depth he obviously wasn't able to spend as much time with them as we'd have liked to see, but when they did play together they were very good. You could instantly see that he had the hockey sense to play with them. It was night and day Alfie vs Abdelkader.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Additionally, he should be able to spend more time with 13 and/or 40 this year. Due to injuries and depth he obviously wasn't able to spend as much time with them as we'd have liked to see, but when they did play together they were very good. You could instantly see that he had the hockey sense to play with them. It was night and day Alfie vs Abdelkader.

Right hopefully Zetterberg and Datsyuk will stay healthy this year and the line of Zetterberg Datsyuk and Alfredsson. Should do very well.:yo:

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
This is great. Let's sign all the old players we can so we can make all*the *same mistakes again!

Roy S

May 16, 2009
Z-D-Alfie were dominant the brief time they were together. Hopefully, if this signing does occur, that could be a regular line. That depends on the health of those 3 and also the effectiveness of the lower lines.

Weiss as the second line center would still be the big wild card assuming he even plays this season.

The kid line as the 3rd line will be great again and so would Abdelkader-Helm-X on the 4th line.

They'd have a great forward corps assuming Weiss could have a bounce back season. If he's damaged goods, I wouldn't mind trying to find another center as well as picking up at least 1 top 4 defenseman.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
^ I have to believe we'll have the depth now to keep them together, Babcock willing.

Last year when they played together for a game or so, we couldn't keep it together because Nyquist, The Kid Line, and Helm were all not in the lineup.

That's a massive difference. The Kid Line alone will bring secondary scoring. And Nyquist should be able to make the 2nd line more effective with his quickness and puck carrying. And of course Helm should be able to put pressure on and chip in offensively from the bottom 6. I expect Helm to have a big year. Finally has a healthy offseason to get into great shape.

Chex LeMeneux

May 4, 2014
Metro Detroit
Trading more than he should to land a mediocre RH shot defenseman. I fear another Quincey trade.

I honestly think the Quincey trade was a recipe for disaster from the start. I think his familiarity with the system is why Holland went so hard after him. Luckily there are no young retreads to go after anymore. I mean Holland isn't stupid enough to give up a first for Derek Meech, right? Right?

Z-D-Alfie were dominant the brief time they were together. Hopefully, if this signing does occur, that could be a regular line. That depends on the health of those 3 and also the effectiveness of the lower lines.

Weiss as the second line center would still be the big wild card assuming he even plays this season.

The kid line as the 3rd line will be great again and so would Abdelkader-Helm-X on the 4th line.

They'd have a great forward corps assuming Weiss could have a bounce back season. If he's damaged goods, I wouldn't mind trying to find another center as well as picking up at least 1 top 4 defenseman.

I think the biggest question mark with Weiss is whether he's healthy enough to play or not. I doubt he'll have a problem fitting in as a middle 6 center. If he can't hack it as a 2C you can move him to 3C and split up the twins. It's not ideal, but on the other hand I'd love to see what Sheahan can do on Datsyuk's wing, and the Z-Mule-Goose line was one of the best lines in the NHL at times last season.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Good. Sign him.

He can still contribute largely because of how much hockey smarts he has.

I would love to see a healthy Pavel and Alfie together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad