Alfie Rises (This is awesome)

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
My rankings

The Dark Knight: A+

True Grit: Very good movie with some great performances, but it doesn't rank up there with TDK for me. I have True Grit at an A-.

No Country for Old Men: This could rival TDK, however, I've yet to seen it in it's entirety (a crime, I know). I have heard fantastic things about said film and should get around to seeing it ASAP.

There Will Be Blood: *See No Country for Old Men*

Black Swan: I loved this film. When I first saw it, it left me in awe. I think after re-watching it several times, it's not AS fantastic as I once perceived it to be, but I still love that film. A.

Let The Right One In: Another film I've yet to see, however, this is different from that of No Country or There Will Be Blood. This film doesn't seem too appealing to me and I've heard that it was a good film, but I doubt it would come close to TDK standards for me.

I'm beginning to realize that Bonk and I have very, very similar taste in film. I saw The Hurt Locker the day of the 2010 Oscars. I was looking forward to it and kept hearing great things. I was definitely interested.

What a bomb. No pun intended.

To this day, I can't stand this film because of how much hype it got. I don't understand how the hell that movie could win an Oscar for BEST PICTURE!? The nomination itself felt out of place, especially for a film that bombed so badly at the box office. There was ONE good thing about that film, in my opinion, and that was the acting of both Jeremy Renner and Anthony Mackie. Other than that, I hate that film. I probably hate it more than it deserves, but seeing it win the Oscar over much, much more deserving films ticked me off.

To this day, I still think it won purely on the content of the film. I'll just keep on pretending that District 9 won. :laugh:

EDIT: Oh, and on the topic of personal favorite films of all-time, I'll let my Nolan fanboy-ism shine on some more with Memento. Closely followed by American History X.

Really? District 9 over The Hurt Locker? I think the only reason The Hurt Locker won best picture was because it was a bit of a new take on the military in terms of movies and the Americans LOVE that stuff, can't get enough it.
I still think real world movies (if you want to call it that) are intrinsically more interesting than supernatural ones: not better or worse but they will have more appeal and more relevance to the viewer.
That being said, Let the Right One In is spectacular and definitely worth watching even if the plot sounds shaky when explained, it just comes together in a really satisfying fashion.

Memento is awesome though, I won't argue with you on that one!

Berserker*

DKR = best movie ever.

The Godfather Part 1
The Godfather Part 2
Scarface
Goodfellas
Pulp Fiction
Fight Club
American History X
Snatch
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
RocknRolla
Good Will Hunting

All are better than the batman trilogy. The Batman movies were entertaining, but like all other super hero movies, they have realitvely weak plots and very little character development.

Berserker*

And that's the thing with my opinion on Tom Hardy's performance as Bane: I wasn't impressed. However, this has much more to do with the overall character itself that gave Tom Hardy very, very little to work with. I feel with how Bane was written (and especially with the voice work) the role would be almost as effective if any other actor would of taken the part. I absolutely love Tom Hardy as an actor (if you're a fan of his, Bronson is a must see ; absolutely fantastic acting), but I feel that he wasn't given enough to do with this character to really show off his true potential and true acting capabilities.

This can also be echoed for JGL's character.

Bronson is an awesome movie. It is arguably Hardy's best performance of his career thus far. It will be interesting to see how he performas as Al Capone in the new Cicero trilogy.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The Godfather Part 1
The Godfather Part 2
Scarface
Goodfellas
Pulp Fiction
Fight Club
American History X
Snatch
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
RocknRolla
Good Will Hunting

All are better than the batman trilogy. The Batman movies were entertaining, but like all other super hero movies, they have realitvely weak plots and very little character development.

No to all the bolded movies, especially Scarface which is an awful movie that has a cult following that seems to feed it's popularity.
The other ones are not bad, but I wouldn't say I'd take them over The Dark Knight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->