tumblr_lurql7VXhu1qms0dbo1_500.gif

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Really?
I thought it was the worst of the 3.

Agreed.

I thought The Dark Knight was amazing... but thought Batman Begins was just "good" in comparison. Thought the 3rd movie (TDKR) was visually excellent, but easily the worst of the 3. Plot holes, poor story telling. Lacked a TON of what made the 2nd movie so great. In fact, I think Nolan was riding on his coat tails for a large part of the movie. I don't think it'll hold up to time well. It'll be among Nolan's "worst" in retrospect. Forgettable among the other brilliant stuff he's done.

In fact, TDKR isn't even my 3rd favorite Nolan/Bale movie. "The Prestige" is amazing.

WhiteLight*

Agreed.

I thought The Dark Knight was amazing... but thought Batman Begins was just "good" in comparison. Thought the 3rd movie (TDKR) was visually excellent, but easily the worst of the 3. Plot holes, poor story telling. Lacked a TON of what made the 2nd movie so great. In fact, I think Nolan was riding on his coat tails for a large part of the movie. I don't think it'll hold up to time well. It'll be among Nolan's "worst" in retrospect. Forgettable among the other brilliant stuff he's done.

In fact, TDKR isn't even my 3rd favorite Nolan/Bale movie. "The Prestige" is amazing.

yeah I guess I agree. Visually excellent. Bane is badass too.
Still gave me chills though.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
yeah I guess I agree. Visually excellent. Bane is badass too.
Still gave me chills though.

Full credit to Hardy. He did a fantastic job with what he was given (was very expressive despite hidden mouth, had definite presence). I thought he was screwed out of a more noble death/ fate in the end, though. They built him up too much for the way they ended him.

WhiteLight*

I'm young lol. My attention span was very low when they came out.

Full credit to Hardy. He did a fantastic job with what he was given (was very expressive despite hidden mouth, had definite presence). I thought he was screwed out of a more noble death/ fate in the end, though. They built him up too much for the way they ended him.

yeah, you're right. You should be in the movie business or something

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
The prison was stupid, why doesn't some one just come with a rope, there's no guards outside.

BlazingRoy

Cacaw
Dec 8, 2010
The prison was stupid, why doesn't some one just come with a rope, there's no guards outside.

agreed and on that note wasent the prison in like Africa or somewhere. How the **** did he get back to Gotham in 10 minutes. I guess theres like a transporter or a chunnel to gotham from there...

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

It was a remote prison, pretty sure rarely anyone knew of it's existence.

agreed and on that note wasent the prison in like Africa or somewhere. How the **** did he get back to Gotham in 10 minutes. I guess theres like a transporter or a chunnel to gotham from there...

Could have gotten out, got to the nearest location, linked one of his homies and did his thing. That entire sequence didn't elapse over some hours, it was over months, even though the scene was like half hour but from the time he got there till he came back was like 6 months if I ain't mistaken. The time factor could have been a week from the time he got out till the time he got back.

TheOriginalSilf*

A Batman film debate?! Finally, something I'm good at.

TDKR is without a doubt, the weakest of the trilogy and by a wide margin. Sadly, it's arguably the worst film that Christopher Nolan has ever directed, IMO (only film I haven't seen of Nolan's being "The Prestige"). Bonk nailed it on the head with his brief analysis. Poor, poor storytelling (from one of the best storytelling directors) with many plot holes.

Could have gotten out, got to the nearest location, linked one of his homies and did his thing. That entire sequence didn't elapse over some hours, it was over months, even though the scene was like half hour but from the time he got there till he came back was like 6 months if I ain't mistaken. The time factor could have been a week from the time he got out till the time he got back.

There are several instances in this film where there's some unexplained event or occurrence that I found disrupted the film. This being a perfect example. When Batman showed up in Gotham months following his escape from the remote prison (which is located in India), there's simply no explanation as to how he arrived. The entire city was locked down. How did he get in? Did he get into the city through some underground means? Did Batman use the Batwing? How did his entrance into the city go completely unnoticed if so? Nothing is explained. If Christopher Nolan took a second and even through up some ridiculous explanation, it would still be an effort at explaining and you could say, "Oh, well it's not supposed to be entirely believable". The problem is that no effort in explaining his presence is taken. He's just there. It certainly bugged me.

Visually, the movie is done very well. Musically, Hans Zimmer's score SHOULD be nominated for another Oscar. Execution is where this film falls flat on it's face.

Now I must go watch "Memento" for 1000th time to cheer myself up. I will leave you all with this brilliant video:

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I hate batman movies soooo much that i didn't bother to see any. I am now expecting my life to be threatened.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I hate batman movies soooo much that i didn't bother to see any. I am now expecting my life to be threatened.

Even if you dislike comic book movies, TDK is well worth seeing. It's a phenomenally well-told story that really goes beyond anything that the current "Hollywood Comic Film Extravaganza" run has produced. It's possibly the only comic book movie I'd ever really reccommend for a "best picture" award (and I loves me comic book movies, don't get me wrong, I just don't consider them to be "high art" movies: they're usually more just really fun, awesome good times).

Heath Ledger's performance truly was beyond anything he'd ever done. It's very well deserving of it's IMDB rating.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Even if you dislike comic book movies, TDK is well worth seeing. It's a phenomenally well-told story that really goes beyond anything that the current "Hollywood Comic Film Extravaganza" run has produced. It's possibly the only comic book movie I'd ever really reccommend for a "best picture" award (and I loves me comic book movies, don't get me wrong, I just don't consider them to be "high art" movies: they're usually more just really fun, awesome good times).

Heath Ledger's performance truly was beyond anything he'd ever done. It's very well deserving of it's IMDB rating.

Next time i see it on TV ill give it a chance but I really dislike comic/super hero movies. I find them very simple, having 0 depth and to be lacking a good story.

TheOriginalSilf*

Next time i see it on TV ill give it a chance but I really dislike comic/super hero movies. I find them very simple, having 0 depth and to be lacking a good story.

Then you should be in for a surprise with TDK. A smart film with good depth and exceeds all other comic book films by leaps and bounds.

Spinkis

Dec 26, 2011
I just want gary batman to stop this stupid lockout!:rant: I honestly can't belive that you guys think this third time is the best. I hate them all.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I like The Dark Knight Rises the most of the three.

I rewatched Begins and Dark Knight the other day and I must say they have not aged well at all, especially Begins which was a pain to watch after the great opening.

Bane was more impressive than the Joker as a vilain even if Joker is more intriguing. Part of Bane's appeal is that he is the antithesis to the Joker; I'll always remember how the Joker tells Batman "did you really think I would let the fate of Gotham be decided in a fist fight with you?" where as Bane does just that and beats the crap out of Batman.

At the end of the day however, none of the Batman movies are good to rewatch I find: see them once and be done with it.

TheOriginalSilf*

I like The Dark Knight Rises the most of the three.

I rewatched Begins and Dark Knight the other day and I must say they have not aged well at all, especially Begins which was a pain to watch after the great opening.

Bane was more impressive than the Joker as a vilain even if Joker is more intriguing. Part of Bane's appeal is that he is the antithesis to the Joker; I'll always remember how the Joker tells Batman "did you really think I would let the fate of Gotham be decided in a fist fight with you?" where as Bane does just that and beats the crap out of Batman.

At the end of the day however, none of the Batman movies are good to rewatch I find: see them once and be done with it.

I heavily disagree with pretty much all of the above, but especially the bolded. I felt that Bane was done pretty horribly, personally. Aside from his truly awful voice altering, he's just not all that interesting. His entire backstory is rushed and he just ends up being nothing but some lackey for Talia that is killed off easily and out of nowhere.

To each their own though. All a matter of personal opinion, but I still believe that TDK was shafted not getting a Best Picture nomination in 2008, and for me, it holds up beautifully. Same could be said for Batman Begins but to a lesser extent.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I heavily disagree with pretty much all of the above, but especially the bolded. I felt that Bane was done pretty horribly, personally. Aside from his truly awful voice altering, he's just not all that interesting. His entire backstory is rushed and he just ends up being nothing but some lackey for Talia that is killed off easily and out of nowhere.

To each their own though. All a matter of personal opinion, but I still believe that TDK was shafted not getting a Best Picture nomination in 2008, and for me, it holds up beautifully. Same could be said for Batman Begins but to a lesser extent.

Totally agree with pretty much all of this post. Hardy carried Bane, a character that wasn't handled properly by the writers. Gave Bane a significant presence that the script couldn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad