Speculation: Alfie new president?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
The president's job is different in Ottawa than some other teams it isn't over the GM and Head of Hockey Ops side of the business since they report to Melnyk. What's Alfie's business experience and interest? Other than a stint as a player/union rep I don't see that in his background. Holding long gab sessions with the various levels of gov't and the business community for the Lebreton deal and other Sens interests including ticket sales and arena leases, etc.. just doesn't seem like the kind of job he'd enjoy

Reactions: pzeeman

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Anyone with any good sense has either been cast off or has resigned. Others should think twice before entering this latrine. I'm sure that Alfie has seen enough to check his call display before answering the phone.

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
Alfie could be good for president of hockey operations, but not for the business side of things. If only Melnyk could clone himself to make the perfect candidate. :sarcasm:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
No.

I think it's time to move on from the Alfredsson era. Besides, he has no qualifications. Most former players out there spend several years learning the ropes in lower management before even thinking of taking any of the heavyweight jobs on a team. Even then, many of those guys aren't looking all that great. Great player doesn't necessarily mean great management material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad