Alexis Lafreniere - Which jersey will he wear?

spfan

May 4, 2009
alexis lafreniere.png
GC3kN19

Which team do you think he goes to?
What team do you want him to go to?

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
I posted elsewhere but I think he goes to the loser of one of two play in series:

Edmonton/Chicago

Or

Pittsburgh/Montréal

spfan

May 4, 2009
For some reason I think he ends up in Florida or Minnesota

Nothing against FLA, but don't want him to go there. They have the offense already. MIN is probably the team I want him to go to most. They're not my team or anything, but I think they're in most desperate need of a star player.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

spfan

May 4, 2009
:habs

Cause I’m a fan and I know it will piss everyone else off and cries of conspiracy will crash HF :popcorn:

It seems like several would crash it. I would say EDM would be the most likely to crash HF. MTL I guess cause french Canadian connection. Then there's also my Pens. Some have said them due to some lottery luck along time ago and specifically being a QMJHL player too. Though I think people forget, Pens lost that 2004 lottery. Finished last, but didn't pick 1st.

Cappuccino

Aug 18, 2017
the Netherlands
Except for maybe Minnesota (not even sure he won't), I guess Lafreniere will turn every possible team in a contender for a playoff spot.

A line of Lafreniere McDavid Draisatl or Lafreniere Matthews Marner would be hard to stop. Not possible but a line of Lafreniere MacKinnon Rantanen would also be amazing.

That being said, my wild guess is Columbus.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Hope it’s Montreal, would be awesome having a French-Canadian superstar from the Q in a year where the draft was supposed to be held in Montreal.
That being said I imagine there would be a ton of outcry if he indeed ended up a Hab saying the NHL rigged it for them.
Oh well it’ll be interesting to see what happens.

Gut feeling, for some reason, says he ends up on Chicago.

spfan

May 4, 2009
Except for maybe Minnesota (not even sure he won't), I guess Lafreniere will turn every possible team in a contender for a playoff spot.

A line of Lafreniere McDavid Draisatl or Lafreniere Matthews Marner would be hard to stop. Not possible but a line of Lafreniere MacKinnon Rantanen would also be amazing.

That being said, my wild guess is Columbus.

I would say CHI and even MTL would be pretty bad still. Even with Crosby and Ovechkin having monster rookie seasons, their teams were still at the bottom of the standings.

They don't put every star together though. Usually they have a grinder type of player to get the puck to the stars. Matthews and Marner don't even really play together. Also, Leafs for example, their problem isn't scoring goals. It's defense. It probably would be smart for EDM to spread the talent out too.

spfan

May 4, 2009
Hope it’s Montreal, would be awesome having a French-Canadian superstar from the Q in a year where the draft was supposed to be held in Montreal.
That being said I imagine there would be a ton of outcry if he indeed ended up a Hab saying the NHL rigged it for them.
Oh well it’ll be interesting to see what happens.

Gut feeling, for some reason, says he ends up on Chicago.

I think there will be an outcry for several, not just MTL. EDM, TOR, Pens too.

spfan

May 4, 2009
If it’s not Edmonton then I hope Montreal gets him. Home town kid would be an awesome story

But would you rather win a playoff series or get Lafreniere?

As a Pens fan, it would be cool to get him, but would also be a backwards step if we lost to MTL.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
If team loses play-in series and qualifies for first pick:

Want to get pick: Columbus (Obviously) or Minnesota
Would be ok getting pick: Vancouver, Florida, Arizona, Winnipeg, Calgary
No freaking way: Any team in the Metro (especially NYR), Edmonton, Chicago and Montreal (you have enough cups and history), Toronto and Nashville already have good young teams (sorry let another team catch a break).

spfan

May 4, 2009
If team loses play-in series and qualifies for first pick:

Want to get pick: Columbus (Obviously) or Minnesota
Would be ok getting pick: Vancouver, Florida, Arizona, Winnipeg, Calgary
No freaking way: Any team in the Metro (especially NYR), Edmonton, Chicago and Montreal (you have enough cups and history), Toronto and Nashville already have good young teams (sorry let another team catch a break).

VAN has got quite a few young stars already too. I think FLA definitely is stacked already with young star forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->