Alexis Lafreniere vs Shane Wright

Who will be better?

• Alexis Lafreniere

• Shane Wright

Results are only viewable after voting.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Shane Wright no contest, Lafreniere needs someone to collect the puck for him and do the heavy lifting. Kakko did that for him which made their line jive during the playoffs. As soon Kakko was benched Laf was pretty much useless.

Sure Wright might avoid board battles but I don't think he will need as much help as Laf does.

Reactions: wetcoast

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Shane Wright no contest, Lafreniere needs someone to collect the puck for him and do the heavy lifting. Kakko did that for him which made their line jive during the playoffs. As soon Kakko was benched Laf was pretty much useless.

Sure Wright might avoid board battles but I don't think he will need as much help as Laf does.
LOL here’s what Lafreniere did when Kakko was scratched in the final game:

That’s Kucherov, Palat, and Stamkos in that order all getting their ankles broken by him in a single puck possession. Too bad Stamkos had to pull Laf down with him

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Let's see. At draft, I think Wright's more highly regarded than Lafreniere. Lafreniere's been a significant disappointment. As such, I'd expect Wright to do better.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
LOL here’s what Lafreniere did when Kakko was scratched in the final game:

That’s Kucherov, Palat, and Stamkos in that order all getting their ankles broken by him in a single puck possession. Too bad Stamkos had to pull Laf down with him

Holy filth damn, i could watch that all day that was datsyukian

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Did people not watch Laf in the postseason?

How does Wright have this many votes?
He had two goals in twenty games and his ppg (0.45) was marginally above his regular season numbers (0.39). He was more engaged physically, that’s definitely true, but the narrative being pushed that he was some dominant force out there is crazy.

I’d posit the only reason that exists is that he’s been so underwhelming his first two seasons - being graded on a curve. Chytil was better than him during their run.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
What your projection for Juraj Slafkovsky?
Honestly, I have no idea. I'm a Habs fan so I obviously hope he becomes a Rantanen level player but I must admit he worries me.

As for production I think he can be a 30+ goal winger for sure with the upside to score even more and be physically dominant, but there is so much projecting to do with his game. A ton of upside, obviously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad