Alexis Lafreniere disappointing season start? PART 2

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Of course its not - just look at every other metric if you want to see how dominate he is.

Here's how he ranks among defenseman at 5v5 since the start of his career:

1st in rel CF%
1st in rel FF%
1st in rel SF%
1st in rel xGA/60
2nd in rel xGF%

Source
Again, not getting into who's better than who. Just not sure why you decided to use ice time of all things to point out hes better

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Chytil was really good this season before being injured. He's not lacking consistency, he's lacking opportunity. He was outplaying Strome, and was about to take his spot. People suggest the Rangers are so bad at center, but production-wise, Strome and Chytil performed okay for a 2/3C center combo last season. They probably will do the same this season.

There's this thought-process out there from the outside that Strome is a product of Panarin, so he's a pretty underwhelming 2C. If you want to say that, be fair that Chytil is also a player who firmly projects as a 2C once he gets that opportunity. Making it a proposition where Strome sucks and can't be the long-term solution and Chytil is inconsistent is being patently unfair to the situation where you take the worst-case scenario viewpoint on both players instead of some middle-ground view on the players.

Thank you for your feedback. Chytil is a nice player and is slooowly getting better I guess. The NHL is loaded with them. Being a consistent legit 2nd line center for a cup contender remains to be seen. Hope it works out for the ranger brass

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
If he ends the season with only 15-20 points, that'd definitely be disappointing by 1st overall rookie standards, but I wouldn't worry if I was a Rangers fan. Lafreniere plays a style of game that requires alot more strength/agility at the NHL level compared to juniors. I'd give it 2-3 more years until we truly see what he's capable of (but wouldn't be surprised if he breaks out as early as next season).

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
i know its the go-to excuse, but Quinn is absolutely clueless. I made fun of Devils fans for blaming their problems on Hynes. I've seen the light.

I think if it was only laf you couldn't really blame coaching but you have 4 straight high end forward prospect disappoint and have trouble in camp/games then you start looking at the coaching staff/development team.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Stutzle has been abysmal whereas Laf has been below average to poor. Laf has been improving of late so the gap is widening.

I've really tried to avoid talking about Stutzle in unrelated threads but my goodness you couldn't be more wrong about Stutzle.

Reactions: PatrickMcC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->