Alexei Mikhnov

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
Sorry don't take it the wrong way. There just is too many datsyuk's out there that dissapear in the playoffs(thorton too I might add). I don't hate russian players, I just don't trust them because of the culture shock that usually makes them dissapear.

We had Samsonov being benched during the finals so I have my reasons. You have to be tough and you have to be able to take a puck in the face and get a root canal in the locker room and come out and assist on the winning goal in OT like Smyth did.

Russians kick *** during the regular season. But dissapear in the playoffs. But I like this guy, what he does is up to him. He could make a crapload of cash, or just float.

It's up to him, I want him to dominate.

edit: and Im Ukrainian so dont call me sterotyping. He is a Uke.

you're ukrainian but you're still stereotyping. you obviously feel yourself more canadian than ukrainian to make such an assessment.

there is noting about a players nationality that makes them disappear in the playoffs. look at Fedorov and Kozlov back when they were in Detroit. Larionov put up great numbers when he was younger in the playoffs.

You cant judge a players playoff performance until they actually play in the playoffs. Lets not be jumping the gun and assuming Mikhnov will put up great regular season numbers and disappear in the playoffs just because Samsonov and Datsyuk didnt show up.

oilers_guy_eddie

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS!?
Feb 27, 2002
This is Oil Country!
Visit site
You cant judge a players playoff performance until they actually play in the playoffs. Lets not be jumping the gun and assuming Mikhnov will put up great regular season numbers and disappear in the playoffs just because Samsonov and Datsyuk didnt show up.

True. Then again,

Lets not be jumping the gun and assuming Mikhnov will put up great regular season numbers

People are getting way too excited over this clip. Criminy.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
People are getting way too excited over this clip. Criminy.

agreed.

but theres no denying hes a great prospect. he was selected in the 1st round for a reason and his play in the RSL this year has really shown how much hes progressed and is ready for the next level.

he's definately in a class above the average prospect 07 rookie because of his age and experience

The_Eck

Jan 5, 2006
Montreal
Hmmmm...he could turn out great or he could turn into the next Nik Antropov.

We'll have to wait and see........

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Hmmmm...he could turn out great or he could turn into the next Nik Antropov.

We'll have to wait and see........

Sorry, Nik doesn't have his wheels or hands.

I think you might have been looking for Kozlov, he's a good downside comparison imho.

oilers_guy_eddie

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS!?
Feb 27, 2002
This is Oil Country!
Visit site
agreed.

but theres no denying hes a great prospect. he was selected in the 1st round for a reason and his play in the RSL this year has really shown how much hes progressed and is ready for the next level.

he's definately in a class above the average prospect 07 rookie because of his age and experience

I agree. That he's made significant progress since his vision problem was discovered and corrected gives me optimism. And I like that Slitty has good things to say about him, because it means a lot more coming from somebody who actually knows RSL hockey. So I agree, I'm pretty excited to see what Mikhnov can do when he comes to the NHL. It's great news, especially considering a lot of us had pretty much given up on Mikhnov ever playing for the Oilers.

I just ... y'know, I bet that the large majority of people on HFboards who are debating whether he's going to be a star or a bust have seen little or nothing of Mikhnov *except* for this clip. Like, I used to write up an Oilers draft-rankings list of my own, based on watching the CHL All-star game while I was too drunk to stand up... but I never took it seriously or pretended that I knew anything about the players. That's my attitude... I'm interested in the prospects but I don't pretend to know much about them or represent myself as a scouting guru. But then we've got folks who have watched 76 seconds of Mikhnov and determined that he uses his reach like Lemieux, or that he has questionable finishing ability.

Most HFboards members are North Americans, and most North Americans have had almost zero opportunity to watch Mikhnov. So where did all these experts come from?

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
Personally, and though I may not be able to see games I do have my subscription to Russianprospects.com and I try to follow eastern Euro prospects as much as I can

Mikhnov, is definately a guy who's been on my radar a while now

windflare

May 31, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Sorry don't take it the wrong way. There just is too many datsyuk's out there that dissapear in the playoffs(thorton too I might add). I don't hate russian players, I just don't trust them because of the culture shock that usually makes them dissapear.

We had Samsonov being benched during the finals so I have my reasons. You have to be tough and you have to be able to take a puck in the face and get a root canal in the locker room and come out and assist on the winning goal in OT like Smyth did.

Russians kick *** during the regular season. But dissapear in the playoffs. But I like this guy, what he does is up to him. He could make a crapload of cash, or just float.

It's up to him, I want him to dominate.

edit: and Im Ukrainian so dont call me sterotyping. He is a Uke.

Pavel Bure? Culture shock that makes them disappear?

You must be joking. :help:

Agent007

Mar 22, 2006
okay so whats this guys upside in the NHL??? How many points will he average??? Will he be a first second or third line player???

It's funny i didnt hear much about him until Oilers fans started popping it over that video

rigger

Aug 18, 2004
Jessica Alba's Dream
Ovechkin had been using an American tutor since at least 2003.

With that said, can we put the "Russians (or Canadians or Americans) are weak and always bust, well not always just always in the playoffs" b.s. aside and limit posts to ALEXEI MIKNOV please.

That explains why he is not soft. I figured it out.

I hate the stereo type too. But people will not forget about it.

I hope Mikhnov can step into the NHL, as many other russians have made the step very easily from the RSL, he is older and stronger then other rookies, he is fast and skilled. I expect him to play the whole year next season and score 40-50 points.

rigger

Aug 18, 2004
Jessica Alba's Dream
okay so whats this guys upside in the NHL??? How many points will he average??? Will he be a first second or third line player???

It's funny i didnt hear much about him until Oilers fans started popping it over that video

I think it depends on him or Schremp to step into the top 6. The other will play 4th line minutes maybe with some PP time. If neither step up then Torres keeps his spot and they have a kid line. I hope we have a kid line.

Schremp - MAP - Mikhnov

Jacques could switch with whoever is struggling. On that line I would expect Mikhnov to score 50 points.

Whatever Man*

Mikhnov ust to be blind , until he visited edmonton a few years ago . The oilers discovered he needed glasses and he got some now he sees fine.

Glasses turned him into that???

Holy Crap man! What if he gets Laser Surgery? If it improves his game, like it did Tiger Woods', he should have no problem cracking the NHL, as a top 6 forward.
He would look good with Hemsky on his wing.

Another good looking prospect for those Evil Oilers. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->