Injury Report: Alexei Emelin out 6 months

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
The silver lining is that Bergevin will most likely be looking for an emelin replacement for those fist few games. Then when Emelin is healthy, they'll have the replacement physical defensman, emelin, tinordi and subban who can play the physical game in the corners and clear the net for Price.

At least I'm hoping bergy looks for a replacement

Physical HABuse

Nov 3, 2002
Mississauga
Visit site
Wow....he's having his MCL and ACl repaired. I was afraid of this when looking at the video right after the injury occurred. He likely had the "unhappy triad"....ACL tear, MCL tear, and likely medial meniscal tear.....worst knee injury to get. I hope he takes all the time needed to heal up before returning because this can be career ending if it doesn't heal 100%.

hogtownhabsfan*

As long as we get him back before Christmas I'll be happy.

In the meantime Tinordi likely gets his minutes.

Markov-Subban
Boullion-Diaz
Tinordi-Gorges

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
No coincidence when our only physical dman goes down, so does the teams record. Another peace of evidence submitted to the PASIM. (People Against Size In Montreal)

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
As long as we get him back before Christmas I'll be happy.

In the meantime Tinordi likely gets his minutes.

Markov-Subban
Boullion-Diaz
Tinordi-Gorges

Ideally we add a big stay at home/physical d-man via UFA as a #4-5, have Tinordi/Bouillon/Pateryn battle for the #6 spot.

Wouldn't be surprised if they re-sign Drewiske as a #7-8 guy, possibly to go to Hamilton once emelin is back IF Tinordi looks ready.

Subban-Gorges
Markov-Regehr/Fistric/Scuderi/Strachan
Diaz-Bouillon/Tinordi

Drewiske

Komisarek could also be an interesting possibility instead of Drewiske, 1 year 1-1.5 mil reclamation project. If he flops you waive him and get rid of most of his cap hit(AHL).

dmanfish90

How about 76 for 25?
Jan 5, 2011
Newmarket, Ontario
Ideally we add a big stay at home/physical d-man via UFA as a #4-5, have Tinordi/Bouillon/Pateryn battle for the #6 spot.

Wouldn't be surprised if they re-sign Drewiske as a #7-8 guy, possibly to go to Hamilton once emelin is back IF Tinordi looks ready.

Subban-Gorges
Markov-Regehr/Fistric/Scuderi/Strachan
Diaz-Bouillon/Tinordi

Drewiske

Komisarek could also be an interesting possibility instead of Drewiske, 1 year 1-1.5 mil reclamation project. If he flops you waive him and get rid of most of his cap hit(AHL).

I believe with the new CBA this can't really happen...unless they're like RFA status (26 and under).

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I believe you get rid of $900K... so on a contract of $1.5 million, you would have a cap hit of $600K should the player be sent to the minors.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Offer Komisarek 1 year 1 mil.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Offer Komisarek 1 year 1 mil.

How bad was Komo for the leafs? Was it a matter of not playing him to but him out ala Gomez, or was he that bad?

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
How bad was Komo for the leafs? Was it a matter of not playing him to but him out ala Gomez, or was he that bad?

I think it was a combination of both...but like Gomez, getting away from his contract and To will surely help.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Awful injury, hopefully he roars back on a mission. Also, we can probably sign him for cheaper and he'll be hungrier for the following contract. So that's a plus.

Habitant le colon

Un partisan
Feb 6, 2008
another planet
so he will miss 6 month for rehab and walk normally (then need another 3 month to renew skating abilities and maybe another 2 to be full shape IMHO). It's worst than Markov ... ouch ... we already be missing Gionta than this ... MB will have to make some call !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad