Waived: Alexei Bereglazov

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
He has a European out clause. That isn't the same as a no-AHL clause. A clause that prohibits a player from being sent down is called a no-move clause and those can only be applied to UFA years.

He can also choose to opt for it. I'm sure Buchnevich has the same thing in his contract, but when managed properly, he was willing to accept assignment to Hartford.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
He has a European out clause. That isn't the same as a no-AHL clause. A clause that prohibits a player from being sent down is called a no-move clause and those can only be applied to UFA years.

Yeah, and I am not even sure it's in writing. You can't do too much to the ELCs.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Buchnevich, Bereglazov, Shestyorkin

We have an all Russian Future lol.

Zborovskiy

I wouldn't say that means we have a Russian future though. How many Swedes do we have on the team? 3 I think, and also Kovacs and Stromwall in the minors.

I don't know the exact numbers, but I would think we have the most American players in the NHL.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Zborovskiy

I wouldn't say that means we have a Russian future though. How many Swedes do we have on the team? 3 I think, and also Kovacs and Stromwall in the minors.

I don't know the exact numbers, but I would think we have the most American players in the NHL.

Hank, Ziba, Lindberg, and Fast make four. And Brännström will soon join them. :naughty:

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
I admit that we'd draft almost nothing beside high ceiling Euro players if I had final say on our picks.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hank, Ziba, Lindberg, and Fast make four.

I forgot Ziba. :help:

And Brännström will soon join them. :naughty:

True :laugh:

At the beginning of the season, I thought I was crazy for having Brannstrom in the top 10, even though thats just what I thought, and then people slowly started seeing what I did, so I stopped thinking I might've had a crazy opinion. And then in 2018, we can add Boqvist. I think he'll be a HFNYR draft favorite for 2018, like Brannstrom is for 2017, he's my personal favorite for the 2018 draft. Right-shot, as well.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I forgot Ziba. :help:

True :laugh:

At the beginning of the season, I thought I was crazy for having Brannstrom in the top 10, even though thats just what I thought, and then people slowly started seeing what I did, so I stopped thinking I might've had a crazy opinion. And then in 2018, we can add Boqvist. I think he'll be a HFNYR draft favorite for 2018, like Brannstrom is for 2017, he's my personal favorite for the 2018 draft. Right-shot, as well.

True is Danish, not Swedish but I would love to see the Rangers sign him ;)

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
True is Danish, not Swedish but I would love to see the Rangers sign him ;)

We already drafted True's dad in the 12th round in 86'. He was labelled as the next Gretzky. Danish Gretzky. Haha, to bad this place wasn't around in 86'. Back then it was like we would have taken a kid NOBODY had heard about in the 7th round and claiming that we got a bit of a project but that could become the next Crosby. Like taking a kid out of Saudi Arabia or something... ;)

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=3421

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
We already drafted True's dad in the 12th round in 86'. He was labelled as the next Gretzky. Danish Gretzky. Haha, to bad this place wasn't around in 86'. Back then it was like we would have taken a kid NOBODY had heard about in the 7th round and claiming that we got a bit of a project but that could become the next Crosby. Like taking a kid out of Saudi Arabia or something... ;)

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=3421

Well, we also drafted Derek Stepan's dad so... Might as well follow the same pattern ;)

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
solid signing.

not sure he's a shoe in to make the poster out of camp. still believe ryan graves has a solid chance to be that guy. it will be fun to see both of them compete for a spot.

being able to play the right side as a lefty helps and makes him versatile and perhaps gives him an advantage. well see.

his game should translate well. pretty smart kid with long wingspan and a safe simple defensive style.

big changes coming to this defense.

mcd is money.
brendan smith has earned his next deal.
skjei has arrived.

the rest, who the **** knows ?

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
It was an alternative fact that kept us from getting two of the best talents in that draft.

There was never a Russian factor, Radulov was really the only example, and we know how that turned out.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
can a guy signed that was playing in the KHL or any other league be eligible for the playoffs? just curious because like krieder a few years back he didnt play any regular season games and was able to play in the playoffs

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
It was an alternative fact that kept us from getting two of the best talents in that draft.

There was never a Russian factor, Radulov was really the only example, and we know how that turned out.

Eh at the time the promise of the KHL was a very different thing than today.

Of course, Russia's economy was in much better standing and, in particular for the KHL, oil prices were still high. But that could get us into a much bigger political conversation we don't want.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Eh at the time the promise of the KHL was a very different thing than today.

Of course, Russia's economy was in much better standing and, in particular for the KHL, oil prices were still high. But that could get us into a much bigger political conversation we don't want.

Sather had a bad taste in his mouth with Russia. Cherpanov and Semenov situations had just happened. But when you look at what the young guys from Russia were doing, staying in Russia was not the norm, just like today. Irrational fear, they just should have taken the best player, instead they still had the Gaborik/Carcillo incident stuck in their pea brains.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
can a guy signed that was playing in the KHL or any other league be eligible for the playoffs? just curious because like krieder a few years back he didnt play any regular season games and was able to play in the playoffs

such a late-joining player would need to have already been on NHL team's reserve list - so (draft pick) Kreider out of college,
and (qualified RFA) Zucc returning from KHL were eligible

so we could dress draftees like Day or Gropp,
but not recent signees like Nell or Lettieri or Bereglazov

Bereglazov's deal doesnt start until next season

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Sather had a bad taste in his mouth with Russia. Cherpanov and Semenov situations had just happened. But when you look at what the young guys from Russia were doing, staying in Russia was not the norm, just like today. Irrational fear, they just should have taken the best player, instead they still had the Gaborik/Carcillo incident stuck in their pea brains.

Right but in 2010 the KHL was only 2 years old and flush with money. There was a lot of expectation of stability and lucrative contracts going forward, potentially marching NHL salaries eventually. By 2014, that expectation was on the back burner.

The threat was real but never realized. Keep in mind, I'm not defending the 2010 decision. I'm just reminding you of the atmosphere around the topic at the time.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Right but in 2010 the KHL was only 2 years old and flush with money. There was a lot of expectation of stability and lucrative contracts going forward, potentially marching NHL salaries eventually. By 2014, that expectation was on the back burner.

The threat was real but never realized. Keep in mind, I'm not defending the 2010 decision. I'm just reminding you of the atmosphere around the topic at the time.

The atmosphere was over inflated, and for a bunch of tough guys they acted like little girls when it came to Russia, who had proved nothing at that point. The NHL was still the most desirable destination and some acted like mice not Lions ;)

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
such a late-joining player would need to have already been on NHL team's reserve list - so (draft pick) Kreider out of college,
and (qualified RFA) Zucc returning from KHL were eligible

so we could dress draftees like Day or Gropp,
but not recent signees like Nell or Lettieri or Bereglazov

Bereglazov's deal doesnt start until next season

ahh i knew i was forgetting something, thank you

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->