Waived: Alexei Bereglazov

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Uhhh.. he didn't get wrecked in anything buddy... there's a reason why lots of people are quoting your posts and saying your incorrect. Wake up.

So you are trying to say other posters disagreeing with me means I'm wrong but other posters disagreeing with him didn't mean he was wrecked? Which is it?

I've seen a few other posters voice similar opinions to me that he got essentially no chance in preseason. You'd have to ignore the evidence to argue otherwise, so I guess only some, not all, people here want to do that. I don't really care if others disagree. What they are arguing is illogical and can't be backed up. I believe this is a way to protect Gorton from any criticism. It's a fair criticism that this guy never got a chance, we don't know how he'd do if he got a chance. But that can't be said, so let's distort what getting a chance is and argue that the team is definitely right, their decision is infallible because they watched him in training camp and practice, fans didn't. If it worked that way, Vigneault should've got no criticism. But it doesn't and those are weak attempts at defending Gorton.

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
PB, players aren't given chances. Their chances are earned. So, while I would've liked to see more of Bereglazov in the preseason last year, I also can't say that he earned it. Pretty much from every report that came out, he didn't earn it. He was starting to earn a shot down in Hartford before deciding to go home.

I don't believe in a player being given anything. Even when I badly want that player to succeed so the nickname I gave him (Bear Gloves) would become part of everyday Rangers life.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
So you are trying to say other posters disagreeing with me means I'm wrong but other posters disagreeing with him didn't mean he was wrecked? Which is it?

I've seen a few other posters voice similar opinions to me that he got essentially no chance in preseason. You'd have to ignore the evidence to argue otherwise, so I guess only some, not all, people here want to do that. I don't really care if others disagree. What they are arguing is illogical and can't be backed up. I believe this is a way to protect Gorton from any criticism. It's a fair criticism that this guy never got a chance, we don't know how he'd do if he got a chance. But that can't be said, so let's distort what getting a chance is and argue that the team is definitely right, their decision is infallible because they watched him in training camp and practice, fans didn't. If it worked that way, Vigneault should've got no criticism. But it doesn't and those are weak attempts at defending Gorton.
You really, clearly do care if other people disagree. You take time to respond to every single post that disagrees with yours or critiques you or your opinions (which, let's be real, is a lot). One of the keys to enjoying this site to its fullest is actually learning not to care, and learning to just say, "OK whatever dude, if you say so" and walking away. Or you can debate 10 people for 35 pages. I don't have the energy for that.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl

What's the evidence? That he was one of the first cuts out of camp? Where's the evidence that that wasn't merited? He also had a month in Hartford to show the staff something and obviously didn't. It was also known from early on that if wasn't playing in the NHL that he'd prefer to play in the KHL - the Rangers accommodated that. He's probably not in the top 10 on the Rangers D depth chart at this point. What's the big deal? It's not like he's starting next season in the NHL either.

emodwarf

Oct 12, 2009
Boston. Sucks.
PB, players aren't given chances. Their chances are earned. So, while I would've liked to see more of Bereglazov in the preseason last year, I also can't say that he earned it. Pretty much from every report that came out, he didn't earn it. He was starting to earn a shot down in Hartford before deciding to go home.

I don't believe in a player being given anything. Even when I badly want that player to succeed so the nickname I gave him (Bear Gloves) would become part of everyday Rangers life.

You came up with Bear Gloves? I feel like I just had a brush with royalty. To me, Bear Gloves is right up there with Pool Party for hockey nicknames that make me laugh every time.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
You really, clearly do care if other people disagree. You take time to respond to every single post that disagrees with yours or critiques you or your opinions (which, let's be real, is a lot). One of the keys to enjoying this site to its fullest is actually learning not to care, and learning to just say, "OK whatever dude, if you say so" and walking away. Or you can debate 10 people for 35 pages. I don't have the energy for that.
OK, whatever dude, if you say so.

;)

Reactions: nyr2k2

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
You came up with Bear Gloves? I feel like I just had a brush with royalty. To me, Bear Gloves is right up there with Pool Party for hockey nicknames that make me laugh every time.

Yeah. Happened when we were trying to figure out how to pronounce his name.

Phoicon

Take these broken wings and learn to fly again.
Jan 26, 2018
Copenhagen
KHL has a huge problem with the defensive side of the game, making it very difficult to predict who will be a successful defender in the NHL. Doesn´t mean that there are no NHL ready prospects or players in Russia. Just a defender from there needs to work and refocus on his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->