Alexandrov, Shantz, McGrath worthy of 1st round?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I've heard alot about these 3 players over the last few months. Are these guys worthy of 1st round selection? I've heard people say that Shantz could slip into the 1st round, while McGrath has slipped a ton from being a sure fire top 15 pick to a 2nd rounder now, and Alexandrov really only has size as a knock from what I hear. My thinking with this draft is that a team could definitely look at taking a shot at these guys in the 1st round, that's just the way the draft is this year.

SeLaine

May 26, 2004
Alexandrov has a very good chance of going in the first round.
Shantz may go in round 1 depending what happens with the goalie situation in the first round if schwarz, montoya, dubnyk, and schneider are all gone by pick 30 Tampa may take Shantz.
McGrath will more than likely be a mid 2nd round pick.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Anything can happen on draft day.

And I honestly would not be surprised to see any of these guys crack the first round.

David Shantz and Victor Alexandrov I actually expect to be first rounders, so I'd say they definitely have a very good shot.

Mcgrath is the real wildcard. He's got top 10 talent, but he didnt improve this year in Kitchener, if anything he regressed a bit. But with the draft as wide open as it is, I could still see someone just rolling the dice on him.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'd say maybe, no and no.

Alexandrov I could see go in the 1st but his skinny frame may hold him back. Never seen him but he'll be 19 in decemeber, as he's a late '85. I've read that he's not a soft player, and I don't know how his defensive game is, but playing in the RSL at 18 and getting 9 pts is good to see. Had two good years in the High league as well before this season, and internationally.

I'd be surprised to see Shantz go ahead of Schneider. I'd be surprised to see 5 goalies go in the 1st round, and I would guess that Dubnyk goes ahead of Shantz, but his great playoff run could make it interesting.

McGrath I wouldn't take in the 1st round, although he's a great skater, I found him to be soft and not very aggressive in either end of ice. You can see he's got skills, just I would pass, although he could make a lot of gm's pissed they passed over him, I'd be on the don't select McGrath in the 1st round side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->