Alexandre Picard (both)

Status
Not open for further replies.

easton122

May 14, 2003
USA
Visit site
How close was Lewiston's Alexandre Picard to making Team Canada? He sounds like someone Sutter would of loved to have but obviously passed on him. Do you guys think he did because he hasn't had enough exposure to him since he coaches in the West and probably doesn't get to see the QMJHL much?

Does Cape Breton's Alexandre Picard have a good chance to make it as a backup on Team Canada?

Thanks

Last edited:

Anfernic

Feb 19, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
easton122 said:
How close was Lewiston's Alexandre Picard to making Team Canada? He sounds like someone Sutter would of loved to have but obviously passed on him. Do you guys think he did because he hasn't had enough exposure to him since he coaches in the West and probably doesn't get to see the QMJHL much?

Does Cape Breton's Alexandre Picard have a good chance to make it as a backup on Team Canada?

Thanks

I don't think that the d-man will make it because there is to much talent at the blue line for Canada. For the Lewiston one, he has enough talent to make the team but we all know what's happend. Coach Sutter want the best team and want guys who are able to play together ( One things he probably don't know is that Dany Roussin, M-A Pouliot, Steve Bernier, Alex Picard (Lewiston) played all their minor hockey (from atom to midget) in the same team (what a good chemistry)

HalifaxHit

Dec 1, 2004
Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia
easton122 said:

Thanks
I belive Lewistons Picard should have been atleast invited to the camp, but hey what do i know. As for the other Picard, (who plays for Halifax by the way) I think there is way to much talent on the Team Canada defence for him to make but he is quite a good defenceman, both offensively and Defensivley. I belive he is one of the most underrated players in the Q or even the CHL.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
no chance in hell that (D) Picard makes the team. As for (F) Picard, he should have been there, no doubt about it. Bourret, Brulé (whl), Pouliot and Bernier should have gotten an invitation too.

Peter

Mar 1, 2002
Alberta
Visit site
ax²+bx+c said:
no chance in hell that (D) Picard makes the team. As for (F) Picard, he should have been there, no doubt about it. Bourret, Brulé (whl), Pouliot and Bernier should have gotten an invitation too.

I though Picard (F) was hurt or just coming off an injury?? If so, that could have hampered him being considered for the camp.

easton122

May 14, 2003
USA
Visit site
Thanks guys

I just wasn't sure if (D) Picard was good enough to make it as the 7th defensemen if Sutter decides to go that route.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Anfernic said:
I don't think that the d-man will make it because there is to much talent at the blue line for Canada. For the Lewiston one, he has enough talent to make the team but we all know what's happend. Coach Sutter want the best team and want guys who are able to play together ( One things he probably don't know is that Dany Roussin, M-A Pouliot, Steve Bernier, Alex Picard (Lewiston) played all their minor hockey (from atom to midget) in the same team (what a good chemistry)

They didnt play together in Midget :) Alex Picard played Bantam AA and didnt make the Midget AAA Ste-Foy team as a 15 year old. Late bloomer for sure.

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
They didnt play together in Midget :) Alex Picard played Bantam AA and didnt make the Midget AAA Ste-Foy team as a 15 year old. Late bloomer for sure.

It's the D Picard who was playing with them. BTW he has no chance to make the team. That 's why it's this one they invited ;)

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Beatnik said:
It's the D Picard who was playing with them. BTW he has no chance to make the team. That 's why it's this one they invited ;)

And that's why I'm pissed off. Also, Stephen Dixon has no place on this team imo. I would take Picard, Bourret, Bernier and Pouliot before him.

Anfernic

Feb 19, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
Beatnik said:

That was not the d-man, that was lewiston Picard he is from les saules (in quebec city) But when he was younger nobody thought he would be a 1st round pick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->