Recalled/Assigned: Alexandre Grenier -- Jan 4/16

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Oh he'll get a good look - from the rafters.

He'll share the same popcorn box with Pedan in the pressbox....does anyone recalled from the Comets ever get much more than one game and a good seat to watch?....with Prust and Baertschi gone, you'd think there'd be room for him on fourth line at least....assume Virtanen is back in town and will be sitting.....fitting somehow, three of the biggest, most physical players they've got sitting side-by-side on press row.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Prust is expected to play tonight apparently. Baertschi expected back Saturday. Virtanen joining team again tomorrow. So Grenier likely gets to watch from the press box.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Prust is expected to play tonight apparently. Baertschi expected back Saturday. Virtanen joining team again tomorrow. So Grenier likely gets to watch from the press box.

That's disappointing. I know that he's had a so-so year down in Utica but he really impressed me in his game up here and I was looking forward to seeing him again.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Benning's new approach to player development.:naughty:

He's ahead of the curve!

Comets are off until Friday, so I guess it's a reward for Grenier to practice with the big club and watch from the rafters....but just for once, if we recall a guy from Utica can we actually play him?....if Prust is on the limp and at 70-80 percent why not sit him until he's 100 percent?...how much difference is a fourth-line guy going to make anyway?...this is why they're going to seriously need Travis Green if they expect to develop their younger players long-term.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Yes, it would be nice if they actually played the prospects. Give him an actual shot to show what he can do.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Yes, it would be nice if they actually played the prospects. Give him an actual shot to show what he can do.

This is on Desjardins I guess....Biega recalled a half-dozen times before he gave him a shot...now they can't get him out of the lineup....must be disillusioning to Comets who get recalled and then get squat in terms of playing time, while guys like Prust, Higgins, Dorsett, Weber and Bartkowski bring virtually nothing night after night....but that's just Willie being Willie....hopefully he'll be swept up in the same off-season broom.

Ace101

Apr 2, 2014
This is on Desjardins I guess....Biega recalled a half-dozen times before he gave him a shot...now they can't get him out of the lineup....must be disillusioning to Comets who get recalled and then get squat in terms of playing time, while guys like Prust, Higgins, Dorsett, Weber and Bartkowski bring virtually nothing night after night....but that's just Willie being Willie....hopefully he'll be swept up in the same off-season broom.

Imagine if Benning actually sells at the deadline. Potentially Hamhuis, Vrbata, Higgins, and Prust gone for prospects and picks. Then guys like Gaunce, Grenier, and Pedan could get some game time.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Imagine if Benning actually sells at the deadline. Potentially Hamhuis, Vrbata, Higgins, and Prust gone for prospects and picks. Then guys like Gaunce, Grenier, and Pedan could get some game time.

sell sell sell

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I'm sure the awkward conversation he has with Linden/Benning while eating popcorn will lead to greatness.

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013

And then we wake up to reality, this wont take place unfortunately.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014

Only if the last call-up from Utica is Travis Green:shakehead

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Shame we got rid of Gilman, it was his genius that allows Grenier to be waiver exempt this year.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
After going scoreless in January, Alex Grenier has 26 points in 23 games in Feb/March/April so far and eclipsed his career totals in five less games (43 points in 67 games last year, and 44 points through his first 62 games this year).

He has also played those six games with the Canucks. I certainly hope he re-signs and pushes for a spot next year. I hate when this team doesn't re-sign players who have shown consistent improvement.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
After going scoreless in January, Alex Grenier has 26 points in 23 games in Feb/March/April so far and eclipsed his career totals in five less games (43 points in 67 games last year, and 44 points through his first 62 games this year).

He has also played those six games with the Canucks. I certainly hope he re-signs and pushes for a spot next year. I hate when this team doesn't re-sign players who have shown consistent improvement.

Even if Vey goes, Burrows is bought out, and McCann starts in Utica he's still 13th or 14th on the list to start next year. He's in tough.

Sedin
Sedin
Hansen
Horvat
Sutter
Baertschi
Rodin
Top 6 UFA signing?
Burrows (bought out?)
McCann (Utica?)
Virtanen
Dorsett
Etem
Granlund
Vey (maybe gone)
Zalewski
Grenier

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Even if Vey goes, Burrows is bought out, and McCann starts in Utica he's still 13th or 14th on the list to start next year. He's in tough.

Sedin
Sedin
Hansen
Horvat
Sutter
Baertschi
Rodin
Top 6 UFA signing?
Burrows (bought out?)
McCann (Utica?)
Virtanen
Dorsett
Etem
Granlund
Vey (maybe gone)
Zalewski
Grenier
I guess at this point your goal should be pushing the likes of Etem/Dorsett/Zalewski/Vey out of their bottom-six role. This team has too many middling forwards. I hope they get him on another two-way contract with some superior compensation. If they can get him 10-20 games next year, maybe they can package him in a trade.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
I guess at this point your goal should be pushing the likes of Etem/Dorsett/Zalewski/Vey out of their bottom-six role. This team has too many middling forwards. I hope they get him on another two-way contract with some superior compensation. If they can get him 10-20 games next year, maybe they can package him in a trade.

And I missed Gaunce in the list who, IMO, is ahead of Grenier. Dorsett isn't going anywhere whether or not we agree. It seems Vey is on the outs and either they let him go completely or sign him to a two-way and waive him after camp. Etem, Gaunce, McCann, Grenier, and Zalewski (in that order) will likely be fighting it out for the 12 to 14 slots. And they will likely keep only 13 forwards because Pedan is waiver eligible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad