Confirmed with Link: Alexandre Burrows joins Laval staff

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
2dmh2m.jpg

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I think Arpon is laying it on a bit thick...

Burrows was hired because he's close with Bouchard, and in coaching circles, this happens in every city...

Anyone who thought Bouchard was going to revolutionize coaching in Laval, think again...
If they wanted to hire a guy who was undrafted and made it to the NHL via the ECHL they could have just signed Desharnais. At least he isn't a walking clown show like Burrows.

Why don't the Habs just admit that character is meaningless and hire Lapierre and Ribeiro to work with Burrows as they teach our prospects how to be gutless diving delta bravos who deserve no respect?

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
If they wanted to hire a guy who was undrafted and made it to the NHL via the ECHL they could have just signed Desharnais. At least he isn't a walking clown show like Burrows.

Why don't the Habs just admit that character is meaningless and hire Lapierre and Ribeiro to work with Burrows as they teach our prospects how to be gutless diving delta bravos who deserve no respect?
I don't support bringing back DD but you nailed the rest especially the character part

Unless he's coming in like a recovering addict to teach the kids not to be like him

'Hello my name is Alex and I'm an assclown. For over a decade I broke every code in the game of hockey, I was an embarrassment to the league, the fans, my teammates and my family and friends. Work hard like I did but don't be a douche bag like me'

As for having no experience at coaching I could care less but the whole he was a great teammate thing means SFA

Our GM is amongst the most beloved teammates of all-time and how's that working out

Jul 6, 2016
Julien BrisBois at work. Hires a guy with management and coaching experience. He probably knew him personally before.

BriseBois is a clever guy. I would had liked the Habs to fire MB and CJ and bring BriseBois and Groulx in Montreal.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'm sorry but I don't understand how my post wasn't sticking to the topic. I basically mentioned that I believed Burrows deserved a chance before being crapped on. You allow posters to talk about assistant coaches from other AHL teams being hired, which in this case is pretty much blatantly off topic. What's the point of having a forum to discuss about things if we can't react to things other posters say.

I undeleted it, the part about complaining about people complaining just leads to posters responding with more crap. Next time send me a pm.

Reactions: SpeedyPotato

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
BriseBois is a clever guy. I would had liked the Habs to fire MB and CJ and bring BriseBois and Groulx in Montreal.

I'm all in for BrisBois. Not sure about Groulx myself, but I'd welcome whomever he brought in as coach.

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
Stupid as hell.

He has 0 coaching experience. At least Carriers son coached a garbage div 3 program.
Assistant AHL coach. It is a good place to start learning.
Experience isn't everything. Silvain Lefebvre can now walk around telling people he's an experienced professional hockey coach.

Reactions: jaffy27

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Assistant AHL coach. It is a good place to start learning.
Experience isn't everything. Silvain Lefebvre can now walk around telling people he's an experienced professional hockey coach.

Generally potential employers should be looking at experience and results as they're usually interdependent.

Reactions: Runner77

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Dude, it was a matter of speaking.
The point was hire people that make sense to be had.
Jacob makes sense considering his experience and familiarity to Bouchard. Borrows doesn't.
Bouchard thinks it makes sense and I don’t believe anyone here is in any type of position to criticize that man........let’s let this play out before we declare this an absolute catastrophe of a hire.......I mean, is he really gonna derail the careers of our young players????

I don’t think so :laugh:

Reactions: Runner77

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I think that there's some kind of reality check here to be given. Can people look at every coaching staff from every league and NOT find links between people? This whole "best candidate no matter what" is a whole lot of crap as far as I,m concerned. If they do look at that, it's a BIG minority. Everything else is based of the relations that the people working together have. I always said it's who you know rather than what you know and it's how it is. The problem I had with Bergevin foxhole is, for example, the Carrière hiring. Which to me made less sense than the Burrows one. As proven, times and times again, an ex-player joining a AHL squad even if they have no experience is INCREDIBLY frequent. It happens all the time. NOW....let's try to find in any team a coach that was hired while having a losing record in a much worst level of hockey....and THAT is less frequent. Everybody knew that the only reason we hired Nick Carrière was just because he was the son of. While the hiring of Burrows is because he does know Bouchard....but also because he was an ex-NHL'Er. Bouchard didn't went and hired a pal he knows a lot. Bouchard hired an Ex-NHL'er with his history and he happens to know him too.

If the Best player available is a hard concept to grasp....do people really believe that the Best Man available for the job is easier to find? How the heck do you get to that? Even when it makes so much sense, like Dallas Eakins for example who was the second coming of god and looked totally dumb....you know that the best man available, in the end, means a guy that can bring his experience....but that also happens to have a good relationship with the people in place. That what forms the Best man available. To a certain extent...I know. At one point, if a coach keeps winning at every level he coaches....and you don't know him....well you learn to know him and hire him. But that is also a minority of people.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Bouchard thinks it makes sense and I don’t believe anyone here is in any type of position to criticize that man........let’s let this play out before we declare this an absolute catastrophe of a hire.......I mean, is he really gonna derail the careers of our young players????

I don’t think so :laugh:
Not sure who exactly declared this..

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Not sure who exactly declared this..

Just a few....not really an endorsement don’t ya think

Stupid as hell.

He has 0 coaching experience. At least Carriers son coached a garbage div 3 program.

Burrows was a ******* his entire career, not a guy I want being a role model for my developmental system. Besides being hated his entire career, what qualifications does he have again? I'll hang up the phone and wait for your response.

Classless piece of ****, is he going to coach them how to bite, dive or knee them in the head?

MB you are such a 2 faced **** with your moral compass it makes me sick, might as well bring in Lucic and Matt Cooke to complete the trifecta of *****e bags

Never wanted him on my team, zero respect for the guy

More MB rock turning found a cockroach, guess I should be happy he didn't sign him for a 3 year $4MM/yr players contract

****ing Burrows will have a hand in developing our young prospects? Really?! For all of Bergevin's lipping off about character and attitude, he then goes and brings a weasel like Burrows aboard to coach in Laval...unbelievable.

Burrows is as big a clown as Bergevin.

He never coached anything in his life , he was playing hockey 3 months ago

what the hell?

Last edited:

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I wasn't saying it was a catastrophe in my post. I simply was shocked by the hire. I'm fine with the hire since there's no way that it'll be worse than last year's Laval clusterf***.

Reactions: jaffy27

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I think that there's some kind of reality check here to be given. Can people look at every coaching staff from every league and NOT find links between people? This whole "best candidate no matter what" is a whole lot of crap as far as I,m concerned. If they do look at that, it's a BIG minority. Everything else is based of the relations that the people working together have. I always said it's who you know rather than what you know and it's how it is. The problem I had with Bergevin foxhole is, for example, the Carrière hiring. Which to me made less sense than the Burrows one. As proven, times and times again, an ex-player joining a AHL squad even if they have no experience is INCREDIBLY frequent. It happens all the time. NOW....let's try to find in any team a coach that was hired while having a losing record in a much worst level of hockey....and THAT is less frequent. Everybody knew that the only reason we hired Nick Carrière was just because he was the son of. While the hiring of Burrows is because he does know Bouchard....but also because he was an ex-NHL'Er. Bouchard didn't went and hired a pal he knows a lot. Bouchard hired an Ex-NHL'er with his history and he happens to know him too.

If the Best player available is a hard concept to grasp....do people really believe that the Best Man available for the job is easier to find? How the heck do you get to that? Even when it makes so much sense, like Dallas Eakins for example who was the second coming of god and looked totally dumb....you know that the best man available, in the end, means a guy that can bring his experience....but that also happens to have a good relationship with the people in place. That what forms the Best man available. To a certain extent...I know. At one point, if a coach keeps winning at every level he coaches....and you don't know him....well you learn to know him and hire him. But that is also a minority of people.
Relationships are fine as long as those links don't cloud peoples judgement on performance

Hiring a buddy is easy, firing them is very hard and usually ends up in a much longer stay than their performance or results warrant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->