Alexandra Mandrycky promoted?

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
So Alexandra Mandrycky was promoted to asst. GM? Wasn't she one of those responsible for putting the lineup together that finished near last in the league? I am not against females in sports but nobody in the Kraken organization should get a promotion after last year. Not only was the team pitiful in results but down right painful to watch most nights. Calm me down if you can please!

Link: Mandrycky keys on analytics as Kraken asst. GM

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
So Alexandra Mandrycky was promoted to asst. GM? Wasn't she one of those responsible for putting the lineup together that finished near last in the league? I am not against females in sports but nobody in the Kraken organization should get a promotion after last year. Not only was the team pitiful in results but down right painful to watch most nights. Calm me down if you can please!

She is just one of the many that helped putting the lineup in place. If there is blame to be passed, I would put Francis and Hakstol first before anyone else in the organization.

Also, Mandrycky's job is to analyze data/statistics and provide favorable prospects, UFA's for the team. While it does not guarantee success all the time, in my mind, it is more reliable than just the eye test or looking at stats without context.

Her promotion makes her one of 3 AGM's on the Kraken. I don't think that position is handed out unless Francis believes in the work she has done.

While the lack of talent was evident on our team last season, I think there was more to how we performed than just that. Coaching, goaltending and team defense (i.e on-ice-play) was a bigger issue than the players.

I cannot truly say whether she 'deserved' the promotion or not but obviously Francis and the management feel that she is a big part going forward and appreciate the work she is doing. While I was unhappy with our teams play last season, I have been pretty happy with the way our roster is looking now, the work Francis has done and also thrilled with the talent in our pipeline.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

We don't have the intel to evaluate Mandrycky's work. For all you know she was giving Francis good advice that he ignored.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad