Alexander Wennberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Anyone believe wennberg could be a point/game player in a few years?

Depends on who he's paired with. He's likely never going to be a big goal scorer, but if you have him flanked by 2 guys who like to shoot, then yes I think he could be a 22-60 kind of player.
But if you don't have some scorers beside him, then I don't think he touches that.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Not unless he starts scoring more goals. I doubt he would become a 12-70 type player

squarelaces

Aug 6, 2005
I'll say it once again, he will be our #1 center, probably next year. This injury may keep him from scoring 40 pts. this year even with virtually no points in the first 20-30 games. He is directly responsible for Hartnell's success this year and last and Saad's career year. There were many here who wanted him sent down as recently as 25 games ago citing among other things like his inability to win FOs. Well, he's now gotten his % up in the mid 40s. Am I the only one who is seeing the defense back off of him when he has the puck on the side wall because they know there is no hope of taking it from him? Or how about when there is missed shot or free puck when he is the first on the ice to get to where it eventually will be? And board battles where he almost always ends up with possession? This kid has got the goods and he's only 21.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'll say it once again, he will be our #1 center, probably next year. This injury may keep him from scoring 40 pts. this year even with virtually no points in the first 20-30 games. He is directly responsible for Hartnell's success this year and last and Saad's career year. There were many here who wanted him sent down as recently as 25 games ago citing among other things like his inability to win FOs. Well, he's now gotten his % up in the mid 40s. Am I the only one who is seeing the defense back off of him when he has the puck on the side wall because they know there is no hope of taking it from him? Or how about when there is missed shot or free puck when he is the first on the ice to get to where it eventually will be? And board battles where he almost always ends up with possession? This kid has got the goods and he's only 21.

I'm sold on the kid being a force out there, and one of our most important players, but not sure about the points. I think 50 to 60 seems reasonable to expect from him, I'd say more but he doesn't have the best scoring instincts. Hockey is a game of pucks randomly bouncing around and often into the net, and this kid is out there playing keepaway.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
A Pulju/Laine-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand line could put up A LOT of points.

Yep. I am convinced Bjorkstrand is perfect to be his RW/LW. Now, just need a bigger LW/RW who shoots a lot. Laine is probably the better fit, but I like Puljujarvi more.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008

Agree with this except maybe the points. We'll see on that.

I've watched a lot of Caps games over the years and he reminds me an awful lot of Nicklas Backstrom. A lite version so far, but definitely a similar styled player.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Agree with this except maybe the points. We'll see on that.

I've watched a lot of Caps games over the years and he reminds me an awful lot of Nicklas Backstrom. A lite version so far, but definitely a similar styled player.

The only thing he's missing is an Ovie on his wing. :laugh:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Jenner-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand

That's the perfect combination of grit, skill, speed and finesse.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
His pass to Wild Bill late in tonight's game (off a great pass by Murray) was fantastic. Great play all around- and very good save by Mase

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
If he had a full season this year without injury troubles and with the icetime and linemates he has now, he would probably reach 50-55 points.

He's still only 21 years of age and I find it hard to believe that he will only develop his offensive game another 5-10% in his prime.

I can see him reaching 80-85ish points in a few years.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Talk to me when he gets 10 goals in a season something he will not he even come close to this year. He is the most overrated player on the team.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'd have agreed that he is our most overrated player a few months ago. His potential and his defensive brilliance didn't mean a whole lot to me as long as he and his linemates still failed to put the puck in the other clubs net. At one point he was our best center at keeping goals against down but nonetheless his lines' goals for was much lower than even that.

But he's providing good value now. We need what he brings more than what Jenner brings, in my opinion.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Jenner puts pucks in the net which tends to show on the scoreboard. I have a hard time accepting that passes are worth mote than pucks in the net. But maybe that is just me.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Jenner puts pucks in the net which tends to show on the scoreboard. I have a hard time accepting that passes are worth mote than pucks in the net. But maybe that is just me.

Chicago Blackhawks got it all wrong. Why control the puck, reducing opponent's chances whilst keeping the device of power when you could just shoot the puck more and more and score. In this department the Blue Jackets are ran by dangerous heathens.

Strengthen his hand and add to his power so that he could fulfill Your will. Fortify him with your secret weapons so that he could escape from those who want to imprison him; equip him with wings so that barbarians couldn't block him from his holy mission. Let the light shine on his soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad