Value of: Alexander Wennberg (CBJ)

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
What makes me think it could be possible is getting back a 24 year old C with top 6 upside under contract for 4 more years would probably help Dorion saving face (a little) if he has to trade Duchene.

IDK if CBJ would be willing to trade Wennberg + Carlsson for a rental though.

honestly if wennberg+carlsson were on the table and cbj was willing to add in some lower picks and stuff im sure ottawa could send some depth that could maybe make it more helpful to the jackets as well

im not going to try peddling ryan or smith haha but a pyatt and wideman could be had

pyatt is a good defensive forward and whoever trades for wideman is going to get an underrated buy

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
What makes me think it could be possible is getting back a 24 year old C with top 6 upside under contract for 4 more years would probably help Dorion saving face (a little) if he has to trade Duchene.

IDK if CBJ would be willing to trade Wennberg + Carlsson for a rental though.
You and I both know Dorion won't trade Duchene to a team in the East. Even if it is a team in the Metro offering the best package.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Would love to see him centering Patrik Laine. How about Bryan Little straight up?

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Beyond zero interest in Strome. Khaira and a pair of 2nds might work, if we decide we can move Wennberg - which is not where we are at now.
If you took back Sekera (LTIR) as well for salary purposes (we have no cap room), I'd do that quite quickly. Even though Im Khaira's biggest fan.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
too old to be worth straight up probably but if you add Roslovic its a deal

I'd actually do Wennberg for Roslovic and eat some of Wennberg's salary to even it out. No room for Little AND Roslovic.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I'd actually do Wennberg for Roslovic and eat some of Wennberg's salary to even it out. No room for Little AND Roslovic.
I hope at one point he played for columbus but not sure how win fit lowry wennberg little Scheifele. damn they would have a pretty good center 4

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So we're going to be making a trade that involves a playmaking center who doesn't shoot nearly enough, and also Alex Wennberg.

I like Roslovic too, but I'm not seeing the value here.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
At some point do you just say Torts is the problem? If an out of touch coach stunts the development of bluechip assets and the organization goes down the road of making trades in frustration, isn't there a level of dysfunction you can't trust in management?

Reactions: CBJFan827

pled

Sep 7, 2009
At some point do you just say Torts is the problem? If an out of touch coach stunts the development of bluechip assets and the organization goes down the road of making trades in frustration, isn't there a level of dysfunction you can't trust in management?
let say that wennberg is kinda being stubborn too its a two way thing more than just Torts. also Torts just resigned before camp

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Yeah, because the Wennberg and Milano situations clearly overwhelm any possible good that could come from the much-improved play he's gotten out of Panarin, Atkinson, Dubois, Anderson, Bjorkstrand, Jones, and Werenski, and that Duclair expressly came here in search of. It's such a travesty. He really should be fired.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Yeah, because the Wennberg and Milano situations clearly overwhelm any possible good that could come from the much-improved play he's gotten out of Panarin, Atkinson, Dubois, Anderson, Bjorkstrand, Jones, and Werenski, and that Duclair expressly came here in search of. It's such a travesty. He really should be fired.
Not saying he should be fired Viqsi, but Torts does have a shelf life.It's been that way wherever he's been and when he sours on a player there's not much the player can do.

the very things that make him a good coach, also leads to his eventual dismissal. His level of self confidence borders on paranoia. It's just who he is

Last edited:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Not saying he should be fired Viqsi, but Torts does have a shelf life.It's been that way wherever he's been and when he sours on a player there's not much the player can do.

the very things that make him a good coach, also leads to his eventual dismissal. His level of self confidence borders on paranoia. It's just who he is

This is old news. He's been hard on some players and made them better.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

The problem I have with this concept is that folks are ludicrously, absurdly quick to jump to the conclusion that That's The Explanation For Everything Wrong Right Now, and blithely ignore anything that might suggest otherwise.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Wennberg's problems are that he is not good at faceoffs and absolutely refuses to shoot the puck.

The faceoff thing is what it is. The coaches have been practicing with him for years but he seems just weak at it.

However, the shooting is entirely on him. Teams play off of him because they know he won't shoot. This kills possession because they just cover his linemates and take away passing lanes. The coaches have been harping on him to shoot. Torts once even whistled practice down and got a ton of pucks and made him stand there shooting all of them. Still, he refuses to shoot and 'selflessly' passes up prime opportunities to try to set up teammates. A coach can only say so many times that he has to pose two threats because teams can and will eliminate one of them.

lilfedor

Feb 16, 2016
Cleveland, OH
Wennberg's problems are that he is not good at faceoffs and absolutely refuses to shoot the puck.

The faceoff thing is what it is. The coaches have been practicing with him for years but he seems just weak at it.

However, the shooting is entirely on him. Teams play off of him because they know he won't shoot. This kills possession because they just cover his linemates and take away passing lanes. The coaches have been harping on him to shoot. Torts once even whistled practice down and got a ton of pucks and made him stand there shooting all of them. Still, he refuses to shoot and 'selflessly' passes up prime opportunities to try to set up teammates. A coach can only say so many times that he has to pose two threats because teams can and will eliminate one of them.
This is why i created the thread.

He scored in the preseason on his first shot attempt and then didn’t shoot once for three games. A lot can be said for a selfless teammate but he takes it to a whole new level.

Reactions: CBJSTH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->