Value of: Alexander Wennberg (CBJ)

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
I'm not worried much about Wennberg the player as much as Wennberg being a fit for a Tortorella style. I think he would thrive under Bruce Boudreau. Any assets from the Wild move the needle for a basis of a trade?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm not worried much about Wennberg the player as much as Wennberg being a fit for a Tortorella style. I think he would thrive under Bruce Boudreau. Any assets from the Wild move the needle for a basis of a trade?
Coyle, basically. Can't think of anything else that would be worthwhile for the Jackets.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
Coyle, basically. Can't think of anything else that would be worthwhile for the Jackets.
I'm a Coyle fan, but that would be quite tempting if I was a GM. Pretty sure the Wild would have to add something in the real world as Coyle is pretty low value wise after a rough 2017-18 season coupled with Wennberg having a higher ceiling.
EDIT: Realized that would give our top9 ALL lefties. Definitely not ideal Still... Wennberg I still believes has potential to be what the Wild will need as time catches up with Staal & Koivu. We need top6 centers

Last edited:

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Jackets need to acquire a 2nd line center and move Wennberg to wing. Have him step in for faceoffs if center gets thrown out of the circle or in case of injury.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
didnt wennbergs downfall start with torts? Like William karlsson he needs change of scenery

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
sucks he is signed long term because he would be a good fit in ottawa but moneybags wont go for it

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm a Coyle fan, but that would be quite tempting if I was a GM. Pretty sure the Wild would have to add something in the real world as Coyle is pretty low value wise after a rough 2017-18 season coupled with Wennberg having a higher ceiling.
EDIT: Realized that would give our top9 ALL lefties. Definitely not ideal Still... Wennberg I still believes has potential to be what the Wild will need as time catches up with Staal & Koivu. We need top6 centers
Wennberg's prior season was similarly rough. The idea is kind of a "let's try a change of scenery and personnel and see if that helps" thing.

Reactions: Marlowe Syn

lilfedor

Feb 16, 2016
Cleveland, OH
didnt wennbergs downfall start with torts? Like William karlsson he needs change of scenery
It’s not a downfall at all...it’s just he doesn’t play Into the current offensive system and you can tell (especially live) he just doesn’t fit.

Square peg into a circle hole.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Tie this with Wennbergs refusal to shoot the puck and he’s doing more bad than good for the Jackets.

I like how fans project their desired personality/style onto a player. Maybe Wennberg is simply a playmaker and not a shooter. Do you want him to fight also?

Reactions: Viqsi

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I like how fans project their desired personality/style onto a player. Maybe Wennberg is simply a playmaker and not a shooter. Do you want him to fight also?

Passing on scoring chances = good

Got it

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

My thought is either Coyle or Nino, but then realized that Wennberg is a lefty, so Coyle would be tough to trade. Maybe
Eriksson-Ek + ...he hasn't scored much but looks OK so far.

Not sure how much Wennberg would thrive under BB. What the Wild really need is an impact scorer, not a reluctant shooter.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013

I would't part Coyle for Wennberg. Also Wild lacks right shot forwards badly.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
My thought is either Coyle or Nino, but then realized that Wennberg is a lefty, so Coyle would be tough to trade. Maybe
Eriksson-Ek + ...he hasn't scored much but looks OK so far.

Not sure how much Wennberg would thrive under BB. What the Wild really need is an impact scorer, not a reluctant shooter.
Coyle is of interest because he's able to play at center - last I checked that's not something Nino can do (and we're overstrength at RW as is). Eriksson Ek is of no interest because we need "now" guys.

* * *​
What’s the ask from Nashville?
Replacement #2C, so... yeah.

* * *​
I'd say Fiala. No one else from your bottom three lines moves the needle. That or Tolvanen.
...and who'd be our #2C after that deal?

* * *​
Gaudette+Baertschi for Wennberg
What part of "now guys" isn't getting through here?

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I'll take Paul Byron and a pair of 2nds. I don't know if Jarmo would ever do that though, it's selling low on a 24 year old for a 29 year old.
I'm sure the Habs would consider that. Maybe add in Shaw instead of one of the 2nds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad