NJ
headshot-placeholder-male.jpeg

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Looks like there's more to the Mr. Mystery story:
Joe Smith‏ @TBTimes_JSmith 1m1 minute ago
More
Murray said several #NHL teams called them on Volkov, said they had him right there on their list, too. #tblightning

PRZ45MD

Aug 11, 2016
http://www.hockeydraftcentral.com/images/2017/17_volkov_a.jpg

Al Murray says that he was the best player on the ice in the Super Series in all situations and would have been a lock for the World Junior Championship team had he not broken his foot. They received congratulations from 12 different teams upon getting him at 48 because of the value.

He also has his visa, purposely didn't renew his contract with SKA and will be at the Development Camp.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Looks like there's more to the Mr. Mystery story:

Yeah - after the first I really trust Murray and co. If they picked him there there was a reason.

Edit: But if McKenzie didn't have him there, it was clearly a bad pick.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
http://www.hockeydraftcentral.com/images/2017/17_volkov_a.jpg

Al Murray says that he was the best player on the ice in the Super Series in all situations and would have been a lock for the World Junior Championship team had he not broken his foot. They received congratulations from 12 different teams upon getting him at 48 because of the value.

He also has his visa, purposely didn't renew his contract with SKA and will be at the Development Camp.

Ahh, yeah this sounds like a Murray pick for sure. He's heading over here and plans to stay, which bodes well. I like his size, I just hope he has the skills to back it up. Mystery man it is!

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Anyone have stats from the subway series?

Once Timmins and Hague were off the board early, I didn't really know enough about the rest to feel good one way or another.

Much more excited about the kid given the extended circumstances than I was when I couldn't find him on google, that's for sure.

Still wish we could have somehow got Kostin.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Help us understand this pick/prospect Caser

Well, Volkov was very good at the CAN/RUS series, where he showed a very good mobility, hands and 200ft game and apparently everyone fell in love with him, including Yzerman, that's why he wanted to go for him in the second round. Still I view him as a long-shot, I mean, he is 20 and so far he was mostly a VHL 4-th liner, so he still has a long way to go. I guess he is free from his contract though, so maybe he will have more opportunities in the AHL.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Well, Volkov was very good at the CAN/RUS series, where he showed a very good mobility, hands and 200ft game and apparently everyone fell in love with him, including Yzerman, that's why he wanted to go for him in the second round. Still I view him as a long-shot, I mean, he is 20 and so far he was mostly a VHL 4-th liner, so he still has a long way to go. I guess he is free from his contract though, so maybe he will have more opportunities in the AHL.

Thank you for tempering expectations after the Murray bit. I'm going to try and attend a few prospect camp games to see how he looks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->