Alexander Vasyunov - the next Kovalchuk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
I have heard that there´s a 87 born kid named Alexander Vasyunov that is being compared to Ilya Kovalchuk and Alexander Ovechkin. Is he really that good? I have never seen him play. What position does he play? Does he have a right or left handed shot? Does he have the size?

He apparently plays for the Lokomotiv organization. But that´s all I know about him. Some further feedback would be appreciated.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
This kid from what I head has better stats then Kovalchuk at the same age, he is mostly a goal scorer, may be the actual next Pavel Bure.

Big Cat Davo

Oct 7, 2003
Medicine Hat, Albert
Visit site
I know it is Hockey's Future

But how about we let somebody play a game in the Show before call ing some kid the next one . . . Ovechkin might tank Alex Daigle style then what . . . as for being the next Kovalchuck, while I think Ilya is a tremdous and exciting player give him a few years to cement himself into the league, personally I think he is the real deal, but his career has just started, give the boys some time before you start comparing people to him . . .

Dave

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
nobody's compared him with Mario or Gretzky.
Comparison is to Kovalchuk.
Vasyunov is an intruiging youngster...
For some info, check the Russian board, I've read a couple of things on him there...

Marmax

Dec 28, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
This kid from what I head has better stats then Kovalchuk at the same age, he is mostly a goal scorer, may be the actual next Pavel Bure.

It is common knowledge that if a player is a Russian goalscorer he will, without any doubt, end up to be the next Pavel Bure. So far we probably have 7 "next Pavel Bure" in the making. I'm so tired with all those comparision with Pavel Bure.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Big Cat Davo said:
But how about we let somebody play a game in the Show before call ing some kid the next one . . . Ovechkin might tank Alex Daigle style then what . . . as for being the next Kovalchuck, while I think Ilya is a tremdous and exciting player give him a few years to cement himself into the league, personally I think he is the real deal, but his career has just started, give the boys some time before you start comparing people to him . . .

Dave

You're really going out on a limb there, predicting Kovalchuk as the real deal...

Big Cat Davo

Oct 7, 2003
Medicine Hat, Albert
Visit site
What ever

I didn't predict crap about Ilya . . . I said I think he is the real deal . . . how many people think the same of gaborik . . . I am sure he was the talk of the boards last year and every young Slovak was the next Gaborik . . . but he is young and after this season everyone forgets what a great player he is was/ will be. This Vasunov kid might be real good . . . but calling him the next Ovechkin is saying what exactly . . . that he will never play a game in the Show? cause as of right now I think Ovechkin fits that bill . . . will he play for sure he will, but as of right now he has not done squat.

Comparing somebody to a 17 year old kid when taling about NHL greatness is foolish . . . foolish like asking who the next Crobsy is yet . . . WTF has Crosby done . . . put up some gaudy numbers as a 16 year old in the Q . . . big deal . . . there are plenty of players that never caught a wiff of action in the show that put up huge numbers in the Q . . . maybe Crosby is the next Patrice Lefebvre, the Q's all tiem leading scorer, who played a grand total of 3 games in the show . . .

Dave

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Peter25 said:
I have heard that there´s a 87 born kid named Alexander Vasyunov that is being compared to Ilya Kovalchuk and Alexander Ovechkin. Is he really that good? I have never seen him play. What position does he play? Does he have a right or left handed shot? Does he have the size?

He apparently plays for the Lokomotiv organization. But that´s all I know about him. Some further feedback would be appreciated.

he is actually 88 born 2006 ranked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad