Alexander Semin or Alexander Radulov?

Rez

Oct 5, 2005
1. Semin.
2. Not a chance. Semin could be very good if he wanted to be. Radulov has proven nothing yet.

hockeytown5

Aug 19, 2005
Toronto
1. Semin - I've only seen a few games of his but the way he makes defenders miss is almost unreal. I was especially impressed with the way he worked the half-boards on the power play at the World Championships...He seemingly has the ability to dance out of trouble at will.

2. No.

Corona-12

May 17, 2006
BC, Canada
1. Radulov hands down. He plays a lot grittier and has lived in Canada for a while. He isn't the classic "Russian" sterotype, not to mention he has amazing hands.

2. Ovechkin will be considered the best player in the league, Radulov and Semin won't be close. However it isn't out of the question to think a 90+ pt season could be possible somepoint in their NHL career.

Biscuit Bullet

Feb 28, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site
Never seen Radulov play, so I can't come to a decision....

But I will say this--Semin is not a soft player and pays the price to get loose pucks. He also can make 9 out of 10 defenders in the NHL look like flat footed gorillas trying to play hockey.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Radulov, i think Semin is more talented but more likely to become a headcase(i could be making a wrong judgement though)

no

Biscuit Bullet

Feb 28, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site
What's with this headcase ********? Wouldn't you be scared at the prospect of moving to a different country to get your career going in which you had to learn a second language, which happens to be among the most difficult languages to learn in the world?

Alex has already played in the NHL, and he caused no problems in the locker room. In fact, he was well liked despite being relatively quiet. He also has two great russian speaking mentors in Zubrus and Alex 1.

He was labeled as not living up to his potential in Russia, but he was also forced to play for some random team to which he had zero loyalty. Last year he scored 19 goals in 50 games in the RSL. In comparison, Ovechkin had 13 in 37 (granted, AO was younger, but the pace is even more impressive).

An article or two that claims he has attitude issues is far from enough to substantiate a rumor.

The chance that he will bust is very, very small. He's already succeeded relatively well in the NHL as a 19 year old where he was the best forward on the caps. 2 years later, he is about 20 pounds heavier and playing on a better, more youth oriented caps team in which he will avoid the oppositions top defenders. If he were eligible, the calder trophy wouldn't be out of the question.

Simply put, there's no way in hell Alex S is overrated. He makes up completely original moves, pulls them off and has a top notch wrister that surprised me coming from a relatively small player. The hype is there for a reason and I can't wait for him to back in up and prove his detractors wrong.

Transported Upstater

The only part everyone should agree on is the superiority of Ovechkin, who could very possibly be the best hockey player on the planet in a few years.

Neither of these guys come close.

Vman

Mar 10, 2003
hfboards.com
6 people for Radulov and
6 people for Semin

This is pretty close :D

I haven't seen Semin play so I can't make a decision, but I have seen Radulov play (from the 2006 Memorial Cup) and he played pretty well. He is a beast... dominated the QMJHL scoring 152 points in 62 games in the regular season, 55 points in 23 games in the playoffs, and 9 points in 4 games in the Memorial Cup (3 points behind Gilbert Brule).

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
i've only seen radulov play at the memorial cup.. but if semin is possibly better than radulov.. hes a super star..

radulov surprised me with this intensity and physical presence.. hes like owen nolan with better hands..

Whakahere

Jan 27, 2004
Germany
Bonzai said:
What's with this headcase ********? Wouldn't you be scared at the prospect of moving to a different country to get your career going in which you had to learn a second language, which happens to be among the most difficult languages to learn in the world?

sorry to pop your bubble but English is known as one of the easiest langauges to learn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad