Player Discussion Alexander Romanov

Status
Not open for further replies.

smcgreg

Jul 18, 2013
None of your business
Kulak and Romanov have played an amazing game after having spent most of the Playoffs in the press box.

Ummm... Kulak got caught out on Maroon's goal, so,... I wouldn't say that. He got close to getting back, but not close enough. Romo was awesome though, as he was when he played against Vegas.

Reactions: Lolonegoal

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Ummm... Kulak got caught out on Maroon's goal, so,... I wouldn't say that. He got close to getting back, but not close enough. Romo was awesome though, as he was when he played against Vegas.

...Kulak was interfered with by Maroon, that's why he was slow getting back...should have been a penalty on Maroon, not a Maroon goal...Kulak was great tonight, light years better than Merrill & Muff-stafsson...

smcgreg

Jul 18, 2013
None of your business
...Kulak was interfered with by Maroon, that's why he was slow getting back...should have been a penalty on Maroon, not a Maroon goal...Kulak was great tonight, light years better than Merrill & Muff-stafsson...

I saw Kulak fall down in the NZ, I didn't see how he fell down. Initially, I was pissed that he didn't tie Maroon up. Then I saw on the replay he was on the ice in the NZ, so, cut him a bit of slack. If he was interfered with as you say, then he did have a decent game overall. Romo is better, but Kulak was probably better than Joe Dirt. Gus shouldn't even be in the conversation.

Reactions: Tyson

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I saw Kulak fall down in the NZ, I didn't see how he fell down. Initially, I was pissed that he didn't tie Maroon up. Then I saw on the replay he was on the ice in the NZ, so, cut him a bit of slack. If he was interfered with as you say, then he did have a decent game overall. Romo is better, but Kulak was probably better than Joe Dirt. Gus shouldn't even be in the conversation.

...as "bad" as Kulak can be sometimes, he's still better than Merrill on his best day...Gustafsson isn't even NHL calibre, imo...

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
That 2nd goal was on Kulak, though...

Can't blame Kulak there. Should have been an interference penalty.

Oh, and a too many men penalty...

E5lMkt9VcAQ_8Dv

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Nice goal but he can't let the pass get through like that on the 2 on 1 - made it look like a 2 on 0. Too bad - I liked his game other than that play.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Nice goal but he can't let the pass get through like that on the 2 on 1 - made it look like a 2 on 0. Too bad - I liked his game other than that play.

I agree and was thinking about the 2-1 as well. He's got things to learn but he's only 21. I'm fine with how they are grooming him.

Kulak stepped up and was not able to get back after the little bump by Maroon. Kulak should have got a stick on him and not worry if he caused a penalty in that situation.

I expect them to learn from their 1st finals game. Imagine being inserted in the NHL finals and shaking off rust against a team like Tampa? Not easy to do.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Kulak didnt cover his man well enough. He was right on him and yet was still able to shoot.
To be fair he was interfered with on the play and got steamrolled by Pat Maroon.
Romanov had a good game I was a bit dissapointed he made a 3 on 2 turn into a 2 on 1 like 5 seconds into his next shift but he was solid all game outside of that defensively imo

Reactions: shanewalsh

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
To be fair he was interfered with on the play and got steamrolled by Pat Maroon.
Romanov had a good game I was a bit dissapointed he made a 3 on 2 turn into a 2 on 1 like 5 seconds into his next shift but he was solid all game outside of that defensively imo

Yeah, but he was still on him by the time he reached the circle, right beside him but stopped skating. A little more effort and he could've stopped it

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad