Prospect Info: Alexander Romanov - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Idk what drunkard skipped on Brayden point 78 times. What drunkard skipped over kucherov 58 times. What drunkard skipped over Datsyuk 1** times. Get my point? They're all still 20 you never know. I'm sure if someone said Brayden point should have went top 2 in the draft when he was 20 before playing an nhl game you would have said the exact same thing and named a bunch of players who were for sure going ahead of him.

They are drafted at 18.....not 20

Reactions: DAChampion

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
Bexell has been writing big pieces on Norlinder for like a year now, he's clearly either a huge fan boy or he's paid by the Habs on the low to milk the Habs brand.

Why stop there ? Why not say he's the best player in the 2018 draft ? Maybe GOAT?
The first option you stated is certainly possible, but the second option is just absurd. But what's more absurd is that you think those are the only two possibilities. Bexell lives in Sweden and has actually seen Norlinder play, and play a lot for several years, so maybe he knows some things about the player that you don't. Yet you discount all that based on your very limited viewings. Your opinions and conclusions speak volumes about you.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The first option you stated is certainly possible, but the second option is just absurd. But what's more absurd is that you think those are the only two possibilities. Bexell lives in Sweden and has actually seen Norlinder play, and play a lot for several years, so maybe he knows some things about the player that you don't. Yet you discount all that based on your very limited viewings. Your opinions and conclusions speak volumes about you.

Yeah, as if the Habs don't have a multimillion team that try to influence public perception of their brand...

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
Yeah, as if the Habs don't have a multimillion team that try to influence public perception of their brand...
They don't fund a Euro blogger who writes about 3rd round prospects that an overwhelming majority of fans have never heard of, in articles that the vast majority of fans will never read. That's just QAnon-level conspiracy theory man. If you keep running with your theories, you might fall off the edge of the flat earth.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
They don't fund a Euro blogger who writes about 3rd round prospects that an overwhelming majority of fans have never heard of, in articles that the vast majority of fans will never read[/B]. That's just QAnon-level conspiracy theory man. If you keep running with your theories, you might fall off the edge of the flat earth.

You don't get that's actually how they get their ins, by talking really nice of the team.

And funding comes in many ways, not just money. Access is far more bigger, and the habs probably get hoardes of sycophantic drones trying to make their mark by writing puff pieces and get unto the gravy train of the habs PR machine.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It's not really like women to share info like that but respek for doing so, TLTQ. Still keeping an insane 8,000 posts a year rate while working civ eng, respek for doing that too.

I think Romanov peaks at 210, the scary type of 210.

Not many know this but I had a shared account with someone who was a female but she is no longer in the picture. That was a while ago now but kept it to myself cause it's comical to me with other posters who had me "labeled". The weight post you replied to was my weight and I'm not a female lol. 8000 post a year is just a result of me liking to talk Hockey and I do work a lot of hours. I'm not the type to be lazy and not get work done. I'm always on the go but probably going to take a step back on HF boards to some degree.

I'm a huge fan of Romanov. Kid has the it factor and he is obsessed with hockey. You can see his hunger to improve and that is key with me. What does he top out at for weight? Hard to say. 210 is not a bad guess

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
NHL average : 6'1" 199 lbs
Romanov: 5'11" 182 lbs

Fact: Romanov is undersized
Well using that formula, someone who’s 6’3/4” and 198lbs would be undersized?........:huh:

As for Romanov’s weight, that’s subject to change.....is Romanov still
Undersized if he hits 205lbs?.....good chance he’s north of 190lbs

Im sure you’ve looked up hockey DB for weights....they usually lagging with their updates, heck, they still have KK’s weight at last September’s (2019) weigh in.

Reactions: Runner77

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Not many know this but I had a shared account with someone who was a female but she is no longer in the picture. That was a while ago now but kept it to myself cause it's comical to me with other posters who had me "labeled". The weight post you replied to was my weight and I'm not a female lol. 8000 post a year is just a result of me liking to talk Hockey and I do work a lot of hours. I'm not the type to be lazy and not get work done. I'm always on the go but probably going to take a step back on HF boards to some degree.

I'm a huge fan of Romanov. Kid has the it factor and he is obsessed with hockey. You can see his hunger to improve and that is key with me. What does he top out at for weight? Hard to say. 210 is not a bad guess
Why'd you change your name again?

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Patrick Bexell is employed by the Habs, right ? Hes pumping the Habs prospect way too hard.

Top 5 in the 2018 redraft... get lost.

Dahlin, Svech, Hughes, KK alone.. lol

Or he know that writing that kind of article will get him read alote in MTL so he will gain followers and subscriber for his article

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
NHL average : 6'1" 199 lbs
Romanov: 5'11" 182 lbs

Fact: Romanov is undersized

Romanov was 5'11 182 at the draft...

18 year olds get bigger especially when built like trucks. I said earlier in the thread.

He has a very similar build to me at 18 except I was about 5'9 and 175 at the time. At my peak fitness in Uni (21 years old) as a gym rat i was 5'10 200-205. This kid likely is already 6'0 and closer to 200lbs something I would not call undersized.

And before you say well your speculating size my guess is as good as saying he hasn't gotten more physically mature since his draft cause 18 year old young men tend to get bigger into early 20's.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaffy27

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Romanov was 5'11 182 at the draft...

18 year olds get bigger especially when built like trucks. I said earlier in the thread.

He has a very similar build to me at 18 except I was about 5'9 and 175 at the time. At my peak fitness in Uni (21 years old) as a gym rat i was 5'10 200-205. This kid likely is already 6'0 and closer to 200lbs something I would not call undersized.

And before you say well your speculating size my guess is as good as saying he hasn't gotten more physically mature since his draft cause 18 year old young men tend to get bigger into early 20's.
And thats still under the average for defenders, which is what Estimated prophet trying to say, useless semantics as he likes to do it.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
And thats still under the average for defenders, which is what Estimated prophet trying to say, useless semantics as he likes to do it.
Under the average I can buy, that’s actually a better way of putting it than undersized because if you want to get technical, a player who is an 1/8 of an inch shorter then the average and 1lb under would also be “undersized “.......doesn’t really make much sense.

there’s no real metric to use here but I’d guess if you were 5’11”1/2 and 205lbs would not exactly categorize you as an undersized player as you are slightly shorter but slightly heavier then the norm.

Reactions: Runner77

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Norlinder isn't just being boosted by Bexell. I've seen plenty of quotes of Swedish beat writers, Jack Han, random non-Hab fan Swedes rave about Norlinder.

The people who've watched him on here have done the same. It's not all coming from Bexell so whether he's on the take or not is irrelephant.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Why not use top 10 ? There's literally no one in the whole world that would pick Romanov top 5. Sounds like hyperbole for the sake of it.

I agree with you. He needs to tone it down a bit. It will give him more credibility. I see too much biaised in Bexell, especially when it comes to Europpean Habs prospects. I really do appreciate his videos tho.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I agree with you. He needs to tone it down a bit. It will give him more credibility. I see too much biaised in Bexell, especially when it comes to Europpean Habs prospects. I really do appreciate his videos tho.

Bexell is definitely way too big an optimist or at least posts like one. To be fair, he was just saying what he heard from scouts. Romanov top 5 in a re-draft wasn't his opinion necessarily.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Using average is dangerous as it implies ~50% of players are undersized.

In reality there’s a range where the majority of players lie. I would not be surprised if Romanov is close to that range or in it.

It will actually be the opposite as this average is for all players but he is a dman where they are going to average out higher than the forwards who bring the averages down.

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
Finally, we have a guy that can drop the gloves!

image.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad