Prospect Info: Alexander Romanov - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
To those saying he is undersized because of his height y'all need to remember being built like a tank means a lot. Based on photos this kid looks like he is built similar to me.

During my best years of Uni when I hit the gym everyday I was 5'10 200lbs and very little fat. He may be shorter but Romanov is a truck and I expect him to hit like one.
Agree. Gritness is not only about size. Yes it helps. I played with bigger player than me and they were soft as hell. I was smaller than them but hitting harder. Hitting a player is going with your minding. Romanov is like francis bouillon, skate really fast before to hit so they bring a lot of energy before a hit. So i wont teach a physical course here, but his 180lbs combined to his speed explain why he is efficient.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Richardson isn't 6'4 anymore, he probably lost an inch or two to age and his disks compacting. He's probably between 6'2/6'3 now.

I used To be close to 6' (1/4 inch under), now at 41, I'm just under 5'11.

Still a huge dude, also the last time he was measured was ten years ago, doubt he lost 2 inches at 50 years old and on TRT, as all Bergevboys are.

He’s a monster hitter...

there’s plenty more examples btw

f***ing mac truck, I love him.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Still a huge dude, also the last time he was measured was ten years ago, doubt he lost 2 inches at 50 years old and on TRT, as all Bergevboys are.

f***ing mac truck, I love him.
saddly it's someone we might lose...

If we can keep him, jesus, our Dcore will be a f***ing nightmare for fowards to play against us.

Weber, Chiarot (probably gone), Edmundson (might be gone), Petry (he can surprisely hit hard when he wants to), Romanov, Guhle, Fleury, Struble.

Coaches message: Boys keep your head up, we're playing Montreal tonight, it's gonna hurt on both wings.

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Richardson isn't 6'4 anymore, he probably lost an inch or two to age and his disks compacting. He's probably between 6'2/6'3 now.

Richardson is 51...he did not shrink. What you describe happens when you are in your 80s! you must be wearing flat shoes now if you lost anything at 41!

Reactions: jaffy27

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

Speaking of inches, my god you can't give an inch. His point isn't even impacted by your statement.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Richardson is 51...he did not shrink. What you describe happens when you are in your 80s! you must be wearing flat shoes now if you lost anything at 41!

I mean, do inform yourself before replying, if you're gonna try to correct someone.

Actually it's well recognized that we all lose height with age, evenmore so if one practices sports, depending on the degree and also depending on which sport. In my case, I played a lot of basketball and skateboarded for many years and I did lose at least 3/4 of an inch. As soon as you're 30, you start losing height by very tiny increments.

My dad has lost at least 1 inch and a half and he's bordering his 70's, and it's been like that for a long time.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Anyways, who cares fellas.....he’s a little taller and a little bigger then Kronwall who destroyed people for a living.......

At 6’1 and 205lbs, this makes him mobile and a threat to hurt....it’s all that matters really

Reactions: cphabs and Runner77

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Weight is a factor. Age and gravity will be harder on heavy guys more than lean ones. This is why I think Petry will age better than Weber.

I've been 5'-9" all throughout my 20's and 30's and I'm 41 now today too. Use to be 155 lbs but been around 185 lbs for the last 5 years ish. Don't know about your weight fluctuations but I suspect I'll shrink a bit more now that I'm a bit heavier.

It's not really like women to share info like that but respek for doing so, TLTQ. Still keeping an insane 8,000 posts a year rate while working civ eng, respek for doing that too.

I think Romanov peaks at 210, the scary type of 210.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Anyways, who cares fellas.....he’s a little taller and a little bigger then Kronwall who destroyed people for a living.......

At 6’1 and 205lbs, this makes him mobile and a threat to hurt....it’s all that matters really

Yeeee-aaassssh let's not mention Kronwall, I remember the hits but I remember the chronic knee injuries for playing that were the result of playing like a gladiator.

I don't want that for Romes, Romzie, The Tsar, whatever they call this guy in the room.

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Yeeee-aaassssh let's not mention Kronwall, I remember the hits but I remember the chronic knee injuries for playing that were the result of playing like a gladiator.

I don't want that for Romes, Romzie, The Tsar, whatever they call this guy in the room.
Sorry, was referencing Fleury....forgot this was the Romanov thread lol

Reactions: Roadhouse

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
Franky Bouillon was what 5'9" he could still hit.

I mean.. Romanov seems to be very strong by all the hits we have seen deliver.. he is very good at knowing when to push forward and hitting players at key times when the opponent is more vulnerable? making it look like he is 250 pounds. lol

its not the first and only player this size Niklas Kronwall also wasnt huge by any means but hit like a truck If i recall correctly.

no one knows for sure what he will become but people can still see his strenght and flaws (not many i know of him aside maybe that isnt a wizard offensively) its all just for fun... and trying to picture the future of our D lines. cant wait to see what he does in the NHL pretty optimistic to be honest but thats just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

Gyfu

May 16, 2011
I'm not sure his praise is warranted. He's under-sized, those hits won't be as evident in the big leagues. I really hope his offense is legit, or we have a smaller Emelin on our hands.
Not undersized by any means, he's near average size, 1 or 2 inches doesn't change much physically (see "6,5" Serron Noel hit the Romanov wall), timing, skating (speed/balance/agility/smarts) easily make up for an inch or 2 between players, with Romanov's style, solid skating and awareness he's going to be even better on the small ice, he will need an adjustment period, but the small ice fits his style and instincts very well imo... He's no Emelin, much smarter, much better skater, he's not going to put himself out of position for the sake of destroying a player

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
You add Chiarot and Petry and that D looks intimidating af!

Drop the puck! :hyper:
And to think we have Guhle and Struble in the pipes, Fairbrother to an extent......ouch!!

gone are the days of Streit, Diaz and other gentle undersized D....

I hope Marchand and the Chara-less Bruins come into town when these guys graduate.

If I’m Habs brass, I show videos of the B’s bullying us around, how Marchand ran around like Alpha Rooster because he was surrounded by his bodyguards........

They ain’t there no more Brad.......Struble......Guhle.......FEAST!!!!!

800__I_am_legend_blu-ray_5.jpg

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Bouillon had legs like tree trunks. Met him once, in the summer so he was in shorts. His thighs were as big as my friggin waist, although i was pretty thin back then, still, i was 34" around.

What you are saying makes sense. Cube had the ability to drop anyone on their ass, or crunch them into the wall. I even remember him knocking Ovechkin over clean while he tried to cross the blueline.

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
On TSN 690 Patrick Bexell said

" Ive talked to multiple development coaches and scouts and in a redraft everyone said Romanov would go in the top 5 if not higher because some scouts even said higher" Thats a really bold statement from those scouts.

Reactions: dralaf

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
On TSN 690 Patrick Bexell said

" Ive talked to multiple development coaches and scouts and in a redraft everyone said Romanov would go in the top 5 if not higher because some scouts even said higher" Thats a really bold statement from those scouts.

I think he gets underrated because a) he’s a Habs prospect so fans of other teams want to downplay him, and b) he wasn’t in a position to produce offensively in the KHL

It’s the swagger that will set him apart. He wants to make an impact on every shift. That’s what great defenders do

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I think he gets underrated because a) he’s a Habs prospect so fans of other teams want to downplay him, and b) he wasn’t in a position to produce offensively in the KHL

It’s the swagger that will set him apart. He wants to make an impact on every shift. That’s what great defenders do
I actually think he's overrated because 99% of posters are solely judging him because of his WJCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->